Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

certificate of deed

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by postmodernism, Mar 18, 2005.

1. postmodernism

postmodernism Junior Member

Someday i will hopefully "own" a home. Its clearly better that renting since you build equity. What I reall want is the actual deed to the property that will supposedly be mine. A certificate of deed seems like crap. This certificate of deed indicates that a deed in fact exists... but you cant have it.... You dont own your own property even though you paid for it. Its state property. Like modern feudalism. You can work and stay on the land but it isnt really yours. You kinda own it but not really. No matter what you have to live with it. You cant do just anything with "your" property either. Everything needs to be approved. Its sort of a rude awakening. Not a huge deal but annoying nevertheless.

2. postmodernism

and yeah correct me if im wrong. I just kinda worked this through in my head without doing any research. Sometimes i get things twisted.

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

welcome to being a grown up. kinda sucks sometimes huh?

something to bum out my american (and everyone else) friends:

here in australia we have a thing called the "first home buyers grant". essentially, when you buy your first home the government gives you $15,000 for it. pretty cool huh?

4. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

^^^
    thats pretty cool, does that 15,000 mean you can anything with it??
    because about 9 times out of ten when you buy a new house you also need to get new furniture, wiht 15 grad in my wallet id be making a few visits to Ikea...

5. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

i want a home...but i doubt if i'll ever reach homeowner status.

6. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

i think ima get my folks house in hawaii.
    perfect spot to raise a family.
    hopefelly that wont happen in a LONG time tho.

7. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

I just aquired the office where ive worked in the last 2 years, homeowner status, hopefully in 1 - 2 years now. yay me.

and dont fret about deeds and steez, get yourself a house, refinance on the equity, pull out 80 grand or so and buy whatever you want, then keep doing that every so often and you'll be happy.

8. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

unfortunately, housing in Australia is alot more expensive than the states

9. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

I think we had grants like that here at some point, but I don't know if they still exist. I would imagine funding probably got cut so money could be spent on multi-billion dollar wars in foreign countries.

10. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

unfortunately, housing in Australia is alot more expensive than the states
    [post=3878974]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

no it's not, where'd you get that idea from?

11. postmodernism

i think im starting to get it. Its all fabricated, A big illustrious lie that goes way deeper than just the certificate of deed. Not that any of that really matters. I wish there were better options. Glorified serfdom just isnt all that its cracked up to be. I mean. Government is necesarry for some obvious reasons. There is always going to be somebody trying to flex. It's the power of government that seems increasingly inappropriate. Our constitution was written and created as a institutional deterent, Complete with checks and balances to insure said government dosent become too powerful. This just no longer seems to be the case.
    I would move out of the States. I dont agree with our foriegn, or domestic policy at all. Not even a little bit. Maybe when im done with school another country will consider me for Citizenship. I would want dual citizenship, after all America has great potential but it reached a crossroad. There were 2 paths it could have gone down and it choose the wrong one.

12. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

my understanding was that First Time Buyers Grants (which happen over here too) were essentially a pointless vote buying excercise, since anytime there was a rise or fall in the grant - house prices followed suit....