cellphones.....im not that important and neither are any of you (a rant and a half)

boogie hands

why in the hell do you kids have cellphones, i swear, 95% of people i see talking on cellphones are some of the most unimportant looking people on the face of the earth. i could see mabey a stock broker, a manager of a store, anyone with an important job having one but the fact is 2%of americas population is important enough to have a cellphone. what the fuck do you people talk about, im sure its nothing that couldnt wait until you got home. im tired of seeing a bunch of 15 year olds and soccer moms yapping on cell phones. what the hell does a teenager have to talk about that is so important....how he cant wait to get his drivers licence, how he cant wait to be 16 so he can go to titty bars, be sober and wear those gay flourecent shirts?? right, teenagers dont have a single fucking thing that warrents wireless communication. what the hell do these wives driving their husbands suburbans around at 2 pm on a weekday have to talk about?? what time fucking romper room starts at the day care?? how betty just got a lexus out of her husband?? absolutly nothing of importance. then i see mr. average dad at the goddamn supermarket on a fucking cell phone..."honey, do you need any tampons while im in this isle?"...this type of shit is why grocery lists were invented but no, god forbbid we go back to the dark ages of planning things out...not when we have such marvelous technology to help us be more lazy...fuck planning anything out!!! ill just use my goddamn cell phone everytime i need to figure out what im doing with my worthless life!!! and not only do we have wireless communication to help us look like complete fraudulent assholes, we have all sorts of cool shit to accessorise.

"ooohhh....look at me, my phone is soooo small that i have to hold it to my ear to listen and then remove it from my ear and hold it to my moult to talk...and i even payed $300 more than you paid for your silly, functional cell phone....im such a dick!!!"

"ooohhh....look at me with my hands free phone, now i can do all sorts of menial, unimportant tasks, all while talking to one of my two friends who call me once a month about my completly worthless existence!!! wow....im an asshole!!!"

"hey, you want to hear my plethora of extremely gay ring tones??? yeah, i have a vibrate option but why use it when i can alert everyone around me that there is someone on this planet who wants to talk to me, and i can do it all with a super gay sugar ray ring tone i downloaded off the internet!!! im such a homo!!!"

and another thing...if you really cant help but make yourself look like an asshole by talking in a crowded area at least be fucking quiet...everyone already got the point you have a friend when your dumb little beethoven ring went off, no one wants to hear you talk loudly about pointless shit....in closing cellphones are for dicks, everyone was fine when there was no such thing as wireless communication, proving that cellphones are irrelivant and nothing more than a self esteem booster....i dont own a cellphone, i have no reason to, i dont do anything thats so important that i cant pull off to a pay phone....what does this make me?? emotionally superior......:crazy:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest INDEPENDENZA

rich important businessmen would like to escape from their entourage to take a break, so they dont have cellphones.

poor people want to look important so they buy cellphones

I hate cellphones....in fact,places that promote the use of cellphones(such as the Voicestream and Sprint) are on my attack list--once the owner of a cellphone I got reemed hard by them-overcharged on my credit card(which fucked up my credit)..ended up being debt up to my eyeballs-I also don't like people who have them to be "cool"-I could care less about "material shit"...my cellphone met its' demise after I smashed it in this Dairy Queen parking lot.

I have a cell phone. I've even walked down the street while talking into it. I use it to make long distance phone calls. I use it to call a cab when I miss the bus. I don't use my cell when I can use a regular phone. If I call someone on their cellphone and they are driving I will refuse to talk to them. If I can afford the monthly bill- I'm important enough.

Guest fr8lover

cell phones have gotten me out of a lot of shit be it car problems to being lost, im not going to come down on them just because they are tacky, which they most definetely are in certain situations. its become form over function with these miniature phones (see snl skit with will ferrel as the couture clothing store owner). once people get over the novelty, as hard as it may be with fucking games and calculators on a damned phone, theyll realize just how important these tools can be!

nothing wrong with phones. i have mine all the time

im 18 and usually spend my days at the mall with other cell phone carrying child superstars. why do i have a cell phone.

mom dukes pays the bills.

when im not at home my friends can get ahold of me so we can get up.

if my car shall have a mess up i can call for help.

if im out of my house and i need to tell someone something at that moment i can call them at home, if they are not at home i can reach them on the celly.

if im going to be late and dont want the person to think i forgot and they leave i can hit them on the celly.

if i need someone to contact me around a certain time but im not sure if ill be home i can give them the celly.

i can use it to make girls think i have friends.

i can annoying the punk dorks who think cell phones are anti emo and i should write a letter instead...

basically cell phones have many uses, just becuase the way your life functions it may not call for the need of a mobile phone, but that doesnt mean others dont enjoy the security in knowing they will never be alone.

also zach morris had a cell phone and he got girls right?

Guest im not witty

im with cracked. theres a reason i leave the house. so you assholes cant get in touch with me. a cell phone aint nothing but an electronic leash.

i remember one time last year me and 3 friends were in my living room. this girl called one of them and ask him what he was doing and if he wanted to hang out and go to the mall or something. he said no and that he was busy. like 2 minutes later she called the other one and said the same shit...he said no and he was busy. then like a few minutes later she called me and said the same thing only i said i would but later that day. then 2 minutes later she called the other kid and asked if he would take her to the soccer game the next day.

now if it wasnt for cell phones that girl might have been bored all day.

so i think that should put your anti-cellphone beliefs to rest.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I feel EXACTLY the same way as you boogie hands.

So do I...I've even said about 2/3rds what boogie did in the past. But Vinyl Junkie is right...its cheaper if you dont use the phone much. Soon as I get cable or somthing for my net connection I'll be getting a pay as you go cell for the 3 fucking phone calls a month I make. But I'll hate it....and avoid taking it outside the house with me.

When I see some 12 year old mall teenybopper on the cell I just wanna pull a phonebashing (www.phonebashing.com) and watch them break into tears. Soccer moms merging into heavy traffic with one hand one the wheel and the other on the phone also piss me off. I hope you wrap your fucking Previa around a pole and spend the next month having bits of plastic and circuit board surgically removed from your skull.....

why i gots a cell phone...

#1 im never home.

#2 good 2 have when your on the move

#3 when u get droped off at a spot u can call your ride and let them know 2 pick yea up...

#4 or if u run in2 problems u allways have a phone with yea---cuz out where im at theres not payphones in the woods!!!!unlike the city...

#5 in case im late going 2 your mom's house i can call here and tel her il be late cuming over!!!!! LOL JK:D

Guest defyone

for me its a love/hate relationship with my cell phone. i can contact who i need to when i need to... but too many mother fuckers have my number, so its a handy think to have, but can be a very big pain in the ass.

a lot of my friends have cell phones...

and they always say i need one too.

why do i need one? i can get a hold of anyone i need to whenever, they just cant get a hold of me :crazy:

there are certain pay phones in our area that will give you back your change after you dial the number as well, so it doesnt cost me a damn thing to call them.

all this commotion about phone....

Originally posted by boogie hands

everyone was fine when there was no such thing as wireless communication, proving that cellphones are irrelivant

Everyone was fine before the wheel was invented

Everyone was fine before the light bulb was invented

Everyone was fine before the phone was invented

Everyone was fine before the automobile was invented

Everyone was fine before computers were invented

Etc...

Yeah I hate people who yap on fucking cell phones all day too. I don't own one myself, but I see the importance of them. They're great if you get stuck somewhere, see a real crime going down, forget something important, need to talk to someone long distance for months straight, etc...

Instead of hating on people with cell phones, learn their numbers and prank call them. Or beat the shit out of them while quoting Gandhi.

i hear the "car breaks down" excuse a lot....its pussy, heres an equation to illustrate....

no time to excercise+car breaks down+cell phone=call AAA and still be a lazy bastard

no time to excercise+car breaks down-cell phone=walk, get some excercise and be excused for your tardiness because your car broke down

see?? not only does not having a cell phone equal emotional superiority it also promotes fitness

well i have a cell phone, and by no means am i imp. i dont even have a job at the moment. but i dont have a home phone, havent had one in about 2 or 3 yrs. cell phone is much cheaper, and very convient. in the event i get lost, because i suck at directions, and a ton of other reasons. plus half the time i dont like talking to people, so i put the shit on vibrate, and if i dont want to talk to whoever comes up on caller id i dont have to answer that shit.

Cellphones are the best shit since sliced butter. I feel naked and cut off without it.

With my celly, I can be notified of new email, check emails, send emails, get news, find out what the weather will be, hold all my important numbers, remind me to be somewhere before I'm late, wake me up in the morning, and allow me to talk to whoever whenever. Plus when the sites I administer go down, the servers call me and let me know so I can look into the problem.

Some of my best brainstorms happen when walking down the street. With my celly, I'll usually call whoever's involved and discuss it with them while it's fresh in my mind. I use it when I'm running early or running late, I use it so I can go out and do what I wish even if I'm waiting an a call. I use whenn I travel so I can stay on top of shit and so I can be in the loop regardless of where I am.

Shit, I cant wait till the world gets on some William Gibson shit so I can get wireless broadband voice and data communications wet wired into my brain.

Archived