Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CD Burning

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bumdigger, May 2, 2002.

1. bumdigger

bumdigger Member

I just downloaded an entire album all in one mp3. is there anyway i can split these into seperate tracks? I'm guessing that if i burn the mp3 as is it'll be all one song.

2. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Download Ahead Nero burning software...it has a feature that allows you to split up MP3's into seperate tracks.

3. bumdigger

bumdigger Member

i have nero but i couldn't find the option where you can split it up.. any hints?

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Open Nero and import/drag the file into your new CD bin thingy...
    -Now that your huge MP3 is in the bin...double click the file.
    -The Audio Track Info menu should pop up with 3 of the follwing tabs on top:
    1. Track Properties
    2. Indexes, Limits, Split
    3. Filters

-Click on the Indexes tab.
    -It may take awhile, but the Oscilloscope view of your entire MP3 will show up.
    -From there you can find where a song starts and ends by dragging the bar to any part of the timeline.
    -Just press play to find out exactly where you want to start.
    -When you've found a spot to start and new track click on the SPLIT button and there you go...a new track.

5. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

It also may be easier to search for the beginnings and ends of your songs in Winamp. Simply look for the start and end times and from there rather than searching through the Oscilloscope view you can click the NEW INDEX button.
    A new track should pop up in the menu to your left. Just double click the time and you can change it to where your first/second/...etc track will start.

Any questions?

6. bumdigger

bumdigger Member

thanks man.. i'm gonna give it a try i'll tell you how it worked out

7. bumdigger

bumdigger Member

yo it worked perfect. thanks.. what else can you do with that thing.. can you make tracks louder if they were recorded low?

8. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

yup..

Under the Filters tab click on Normalize and simply read the directions.

Easy as pie.