CCTV and Police Surveilance?!

Guest NATO

im not sure how big an issue this is in the US. but here in little old england (especially my home town) it seems like the public is under constant observation from 'the man'. dont get me wrong im all for safer streets, but at what cost? in my area CCTV covers your every move camera casings are deliberatley camouflaged against the public and private buildings that they are fixed too. my main fears are that this is a foundation for a police 'big brother' state, especially with the falling cost of cameras, 'stealth' anti terrorism laws and the attitude "if you have nothing to hide what are you worried about?"

i was just wondering how do other people feel?

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00164922f00000046.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00164922f00000047.jpg'>

(strange when i took this they didn't seem to happy about being photographed)

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00164922f00000048.jpg'>

banksy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its not nearly as bad in the US or Canada as it is in the UK/europe........but its trying to get there . ive seen how it is over their on tv , and it just is amazing , theres cameras on every street corner , and these little police booths on the sidewalks , i mean security is one thing but thtas just too much ......

the problem with so much cameras is that it doesnt really solve the crime issues in that area , it may slow it down a bit , but it more so just pushes it into another area with less/no security , which doesnt solve the problem but just pushes it on someone else .

and while its true that the "if you have nothing to hide what are you worried about?" attitude is applicable , its not that simple . bc if that were the case then we'd have cameras and metal detectors and security everywhere , but i doubt that ppl would agree with that .i feel that its more of an invasion of privacy , and against my rights than anything else.

The Panopticon prinicple implies that if you feel like you are being watched at all times, you will act accordingly and submissive.It creates a feeling of control..

These are popping up everywhere in the states.Soon there is talk of linking these up with biometric cameras that scan your features, and runthese against a dtatbase of "criminals" and when one is spotted, the police are notified.

BIG BROTHER IS HERE.

I have spoke a few times on this...they have them now on buses and trains along with microphones that record what you say...

GEORGE ORWELL would be amazed that this is not 1984, but 2002.

A sad state of affairs...

i feel that the right to protest is going to be seriously compromised by this. 'subversives' can be captured on film for later reference.

Guest blink_ATX

fuck that shit

you english bastards are always the first to do dumb shit like that involving big government increases. I mean like who wrote 1984 and a brave new world???

hmmm two british fucks

so you bastards need to back off us and shit

fuck the un and wto

Guest blink_ATX

okay pal

whatever

but dont cry to me when you have to go through 18 chekpoints to get to work.

out

lord Ka0s

Originally posted by T.T Boy

eventually those cameras wll be destroyed, just push people too far and watch what happens.

too right come the revolution im gonna be chucking bricks.

i hate those fuckers.....i hate being watched...i avoid any camera that i can see as much as possible...as for making the streets safer....im not too sure about that....people still rob convinience stores, with or without cameras....youd have to check the correlation between installed cameras and the rise/fall of criminal activity to really be sure....im sure they deter some criminal activity...

Originally posted by sectorTVA

i hate those fuckers.....i hate being watched...i avoid any camera that i can see as much as possible...as for making the streets safer....im not too sure about that....people still rob convinience stores, with or without cameras....youd have to check the correlation between installed cameras and the rise/fall of criminal activity to really be sure....im sure they deter some criminal activity...

i agree it wont stop the more determined criminal, it will drive crime elsewhere. as for avoiding the cameras its got to the point where i feel like walking down the street in a balaclava.

Guest blink_ATX

fuck all auhtority i gotta a gaoddm ticket again

i think that makes like 10 for the year 2002

fuck the law and all thire sicophant subsidiaries

im so sick to death of these motherfuckers who think a badge and a gun gives them some sort power to judge each individual.

mother fuckers

fuck them

im gonna go kill myself

Archived