Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

CCTV and Police Surveilance?!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by NATO, Mar 21, 2002.

1. NATO

NATO Guest

im not sure how big an issue this is in the US. but here in little old england (especially my home town) it seems like the public is under constant observation from 'the man'. dont get me wrong im all for safer streets, but at what cost? in my area CCTV covers your every move camera casings are deliberatley camouflaged against the public and private buildings that they are fixed too. my main fears are that this is a foundation for a police 'big brother' state, especially with the falling cost of cameras, 'stealth' anti terrorism laws and the attitude "if you have nothing to hide what are you worried about?"

i was just wondering how do other people feel?

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00164922f00000046.jpg'>

[img]http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00164922f00000047.jpg'>
    (strange when i took this they didn't seem to happy about being photographed)

[img]http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00164922f00000048.jpg'>
    banksy.

2. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

privacy is a thing of the past.. fucked up.. whenever im walking in the woods i just think about how long its going to be til they start hiding microphones there too.

3. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I hate those ones at instersection to catch people going through red lights. I hate going to downtown Sand Diego cause they got 'em and I have to make sure I don't get caught slippin'.

4. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

its not nearly as bad in the US or Canada as it is in the UK/europe........but its trying to get there . ive seen how it is over their on tv , and it just is amazing , theres cameras on every street corner , and these little police booths on the sidewalks , i mean security is one thing but thtas just too much ......

the problem with so much cameras is that it doesnt really solve the crime issues in that area , it may slow it down a bit , but it more so just pushes it into another area with less/no security , which doesnt solve the problem but just pushes it on someone else .

and while its true that the "if you have nothing to hide what are you worried about?" attitude is applicable , its not that simple . bc if that were the case then we'd have cameras and metal detectors and security everywhere , but i doubt that ppl would agree with that .i feel that its more of an invasion of privacy , and against my rights than anything else.

5. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

The Panopticon prinicple implies that if you feel like you are being watched at all times, you will act accordingly and submissive.It creates a feeling of control..

These are popping up everywhere in the states.Soon there is talk of linking these up with biometric cameras that scan your features, and runthese against a dtatbase of "criminals" and when one is spotted, the police are notified.
    BIG BROTHER IS HERE.

I have spoke a few times on this...they have them now on buses and trains along with microphones that record what you say...

GEORGE ORWELL would be amazed that this is not 1984, but 2002.

A sad state of affairs...

6. NATO

NATO Guest

i feel that the right to protest is going to be seriously compromised by this. 'subversives' can be captured on film for later reference.

7. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

The shit they have nowadays is scary.....

8. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

fuck that shit

you english bastards are always the first to do dumb shit like that involving big government increases. I mean like who wrote 1984 and a brave new world???

hmmm two british fucks

so you bastards need to back off us and shit

fuck the un and wto

9. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

once again, another valuable contribution from blink......

10. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

11. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

so what if its true or not , its the way you said it thats offensive , chill out guy and contribute something productive for once.

12. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

okay pal

whatever

but dont cry to me when you have to go through 18 chekpoints to get to work.

out

lord Ka0s

13. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

No OnE MessEs WiTH L0RD Ka0S@!#!@!@#

14. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

lord Ka0s has a posse

15. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

lord ka0s is a goober