Caught Red Handed....

3973_OMT

Got caught last night scribbing over 23 shop windows.... and they have it all on CCTV.... What makes it worse though is i am a american citizen in the UK..... already spent 20 hours in a cell... and the estimated fine is about 10,000 pounds.... (roughly 20,000$ ...) any legal advice would be helpful for in court but i already know i am fucked cause 90% of it is on tape.... :burn: :hatred: :burn: :hatred: :burn: :hatred: :burn: :hatred:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Sep 14 2005, 04:23 AM

Way to go.

So how does the bail system work in England that you're out on a 10k bond already and posting on a graffiti messageboard about it?

the bail system works as since its first offence and i am under 18 as long as i show up to court they wont throw the book at me... i know i am fucked ne way... besides the fact i am thinkin about goin back ne way just need to get the cash... lol :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: the other person i was with is over 18 though so its gonna be bad for him.... fuck it ne way life goes on... peace .

Originally posted by Adernaline@Sep 17 2005, 07:37 PM

i think its a bit late for that..

Deny it until you believe yourself...theres no law against lying. So deny until they can prove it and then be like "ok. youre right, and i couldn't care less" and then they cant really do anything because youre under 18...and dont do taht shit anyways...theyre not gonna care about ink that would cost them 4 dollars (or however many pounds that is) to remove. its just a bad idea. hell, even paint it, but dont etch that shit into windows.

Originally posted by onesecondple@Sep 17 2005, 11:11 PM

i believe there is a law against lying to a police officer, its called giving false info or something.

Hahaha. Yeah, you wouldn't want to try and save your ass if you have the chance, right? That would be against the law. Might as well donate all your paint to a children's hospital and become a missionary while you're at it.

I did a little work in a legal aid firm in Mile End in London this summer and the one thing that was the most important in all of the cases I dealt with was the police interview. They place a lot of emphasis on that in the UK legal system. If you didn't have a good alibi at the time they interviewed you then you're most likely fucked because if you rely on a story you didn't mention during interview they can raise the fact that you didnt mention it in interview against you and if you didn't answer any questions, even just one specific one the courts there are allowed to draw negative inferences from your failure to answer that question. So what did you tell them if anything?

One thing I can say is that the cases I dealt with which were things like stealing stereos from cars and even assualting an officer while holding a knife is that guys with long rap sheets got short sentences and no fines, so I wouldn't believe that they will try and charge you 10,000 pounds, but they won't let it drop if you are in the country either. The other things is don't admit anything because odds are they don't have footage of you etching all of the windows.

Finally I have to agree with everyone else and say, get the fuck out of there and don't go back because I don't see you getting out of this through the courts.