Cartoon Riot.

ClueTwo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been searching and searching for the cartoon but can't find it. If anyone can give up a link, that would rock. I would like to know what the muslim community found so offensive that it caused riots.

-edit: I know that depicting Mohammed in any way is offensive to Islam, but riots? Get a grip, jackasses.

Originally posted by Wire@Feb 9 2006, 01:17 AM

I've been searching and searching for the cartoon but can't find it. If anyone can give up a link, that would rock. I would like to know what the muslim community found so offensive that it caused riots.

-edit: I know that depicting Mohammed in any way is offensive to Islam, but riots? Get a grip, jackasses.

I don't agree with the riots, but I do understand why they'd happen because of this. You people here (some of you) don't believe in anything except the fulfillment of your desires and the advancement of your own lowly selves. Thats why you think people who bug out over the depiction of a prophet is stupid. What about flag burning? I may be wrong, but is'nt that illegal in America now?

My point is, Non muslims can't just keep going on thinking that we (muslims) play by their (non muslims) rules. We don't play by the same set of rules, obviously. We don't play that ,and boycotting denmark products was a solid move becuase how many millions lost in revenue per day? Now they know. We don't play that.

so if youre a christian and someone depicts Jesus as lets say a homosexual (And I seek protection from Allah from ever thinking that) and that someone was merked by Christian, (and for the record, I don't necessarily agree with any fool killing a person like that.) But if he got merked I would understand why. (Although christians play the peace loving role these days , so I don't think any christian would do JACK) .........My point is, Don't play with fire, if you know Muslims are going to wig out by disrespecting a figure we hold dear, then don't be an idiot. It's a simple equation. You don't understand why muslims are as faithful as we are, and thats fine,you may never understand. But you do have enough sense not to jump off a cliff don't you? Ok, then don't disrespect our prophet and we won't hurt you.

Guest KING BLING

^I don't think advise which boils down to "if you know a group of people is going to get pissed, its okay to be shook and shut up" has any merit at all. My beliefs and their expression shouldn't be subject to approval from a bunch of rioting lunatics who can't run a free country to save there lives...

PLUS there is plenty of anti-Jewish, anti-Christian and other offensive cartoons produced by Muslims. I was reading on this the other day and I came across this quote form a Muslim site:

http://www.arabamericannews.com/newsarticl...?articleid=4310

"But when a cartoon appeared in The Independent in 2003, depicting Prime Minister Sharon of Israel eating the head of a Palestinian child while saying: "What's wrong? You've never seen a politician kissing babies before?," Jews in Britain and around the world erupted with indignation. Offend Zionist Jews and the world erupts in indignation. And this was an anti-Israel cartoon, not anti-Semitic."

...now the thing that is outstanding here is that while this may represent a double standard (though I'd never heard of any real scandal), NO ONE FUCKING RIOTED. honestly, I'm a very liberal person but the psycho wing of Islam pretty much could all die and I would think the world a better place for it. I wouldn't have felt this way even two years ago, but I don't see any hope for a bunch of Muslim clones of Pat Robertson...

"Iranian paper launches Holocaust cartoon competition

Iran’s biggest-selling newspaper has waded into the Muhammad controversy by launching a competition to find the 12 "best" cartoons about the Holocaust.

Farid Mortazavi, graphics editor for Tehran's Hamshahri newspaper, said that the deliberately inflammatory contest would test out how committed Europeans were to the concept freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let’s see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he said. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-2027749,00.html

the tables have turned!

These people are fucking retarded and are just looking for new reasons to get killed. Hey, let's start a riot because conan obrien had jesus riding around in a little car with a shotgun and a beer. I don't give a fuck who muhammed is to you... he is nothing to me... same way jesus is nothing to me. Fuck religion. Fuck you. Stupidasses need something better to do other than riot over stupid shit every 3.5 minutes.

First.

You can't compare Ariel Sharon with the Prophet Muhammad.(peace be upon him)

You would never see Muslims doing disrespectful cartoons of Moses.(peace be upon him).

Second,

drawing pictures of Humans, animals and living creatures is forbidden in Islam. (just like it is in Christianity , but christians don't follow the commandment) "thou shalt not make graven Images". So, again, this is a dispute between what people of Arab descent do and what Islam says.

Remember, They don't always coincide.

Third,

It is forbidden to us to insult the Gods or religious symbols of other religions, even though we disapprove of these false deities, we still are commanded by Allah to respect their faiths to build a mutual respect.

fourth

your statement that " the psycho wing of Islam pretty much could all die and I would think the world a better place for it."

Well, I'll ask you to define "psycho". You will never understand the oppression and pshchological torment that many of these people endure everyday. How do you think they "the psychos" convice mothers to send their children into the streets with bombs strapped to them? Can you imagine what kind of a person does that? Not a deeply pious religious person of sound mind. A desperate person who has been under occupation of an oppressive regime that has no compassion for thier lives or their honor.

If someone stripped you of your honor, King Bling, killed your uncles and your big brothers when you were 12 and you had been living in a shack with rubble covering your front and back yard. Watched your mother crying herself to sleep your whole teenage years because she doesn't know how she's going to provide a stable enviroment for you and your little sister who has (by the way) no arms, because they were blown off during one shelling campaign by the freedom boyz.

do you think you might be a little "psycho" being raised in this enviroment? Well, that's what palestinians have been going through since the 40's thanks largely to your baby kisser Arial Sharon.

Do you think I am exaggerating? If you do, then you're only paying attention to one side of the story, and it's time for you to wake up.

Originally posted by Dawood@Feb 8 2006, 10:40 PM

First.

You would never see Muslims doing disrespectful cartoons of Moses.(peace be upon him).

Second,

drawing pictures of Humans, animals and living creatures is forbidden in Islam. (just like it is in Christianity , but christians don't follow the commandment) "thou shalt not make graven Images". So, again, this is a dispute between what people of Arab descent do and what Islam says.

Third,

It is forbidden to us to insult the Gods or religious symbols of other religions, even though we disapprove of these false deities, we still are commanded by Allah to respect their faiths to build a mutual respect.

fourth

your statement that " the psycho wing of Islam pretty much could all die and I would think the world a better place for it."

Well, I'll ask you to define "psycho". You will never understand the oppression and pshchological torment that many of these people endure everyday. How do you think they "the psychos" convice mothers to send their children into the streets with bombs strapped to them? Can you imagine what kind of a person does that? Not a deeply pious religious person of sound mind. A desperate person who has been under occupation of an oppressive regime that has no compassion for thier lives or their honor.

If someone stripped you of your honor, King Bling, killed your uncles and your big brothers when you were 12 and you had been living in a shack with rubble covering your front and back yard. Watched your mother crying herself to sleep your whole teenage years because she doesn't know how she's going to provide a stable enviroment for you and your little sister who has (by the way) no arms, because they were blown off during one shelling campaign by the freedom boyz.

do you think you might be a little "psycho" being raised in this enviroment? Well, that's what palestinians have been going through since the 40's thanks largely to your baby kisser Arial Sharon.

Do you think I am exaggerating? If you do, then you're only paying attention to one side of the story, and it's time for you to wake up.

Shut the fuck up.

Originally posted by Dawood+Feb 8 2006, 09:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dawood - Feb 8 2006, 09:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Wire@Feb 9 2006, 01:17 AM

I don't agree with the riots, but I do understand why they'd happen because of this. You people here (some of you) don't believe in anything except the fulfillment of your desires and the advancement of your own lowly selves. Thats why you think people who bug out over the depiction of a prophet is stupid. What about flag burning? I may be wrong, but is'nt that illegal in America now?

My point is, Non muslims can't just keep going on thinking that we (muslims) play by their (non muslims) rules. We don't play by the same set of rules, obviously. We don't play that ,and boycotting denmark products was a solid move becuase how many millions lost in revenue per day? Now they know. We don't play that.

so if youre a christian and someone depicts Jesus as lets say a homosexual (And I seek protection from Allah from ever thinking that) and that someone was merked by Christian, (and for the record, I don't necessarily agree with any fool killing a person like that.) But if he got merked I would understand why. (Although christians play the peace loving role these days , so I don't think any christian would do JACK) .........My point is, Don't play with fire, if you know Muslims are going to wig out by disrespecting a figure we hold dear, then don't be an idiot. It's a simple equation. You don't understand why muslims are as faithful as we are, and thats fine,you may never understand. But you do have enough sense not to jump off a cliff don't you? Ok, then don't disrespect our prophet and we won't hurt you.

[/b]

"and we won't hurt you"

Once again... shut the fuck up. You are really making me regret leaving Iraq. I don't give a fuck who your prophet is because to me he is the same as a fucking cat that can talk.. it's non existant to me.

Originally posted by bobthemothafuckinbuilder+Feb 9 2006, 03:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobthemothafuckinbuilder - Feb 9 2006, 03:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dawood@Feb 8 2006, 10:40 PM

First.

Second,

Third,

fourth

Well, I'll ask you to define "psycho". You will never understand the oppression and pshchological torment that many of these people endure everyday. How do you think they "the psychos" convice mothers to send their children into the streets with bombs strapped to them?  Can you imagine what kind of a person does that? Not a deeply pious religious person of sound mind. A desperate  person who has been under occupation of an oppressive regime that has no compassion for thier lives or their honor.

Shut the fuck up.

[/b]

ooh, intellegent response Bob.

Once again... shut the fuck up. You are really making me regret leaving Iraq. I don't give a fuck who your prophet is because to me he is the same as a fucking cat that can talk.. it's non existant to me.

I shouldve figured you were one of the tough guys, I'm glad people like you are the ones representing this "great" country abroad,

real compassionate and caring, just like they try to make you seem on the news. BU-ll-SH-it.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by Dawood+Feb 8 2006, 07:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dawood - Feb 8 2006, 07:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>First.

[/b]

I didn't, a Muslim web site did...

<!--QuoteBegin-Dawood@Feb 8 2006, 07:40 PM

An interesting point made on a web site dedicated to art. Secondly, I don't care if you are afraid to draw but don't worry about what I do - and definately don't riot because you got your feelings hurt...

Respond all you want but I won't get into a 20 page argument about religion. I'm certain Islam does not ask people to respond violently against people for drawing or even disrespecting but if it does I fall back on my statement about the "psycho wing"...

Originally posted by swedish erotica@Feb 8 2006, 10:29 PM

"Iranian paper launches Holocaust cartoon competition

Iran’s biggest-selling newspaper has waded into the Muhammad controversy by launching a competition to find the 12 "best" cartoons about the Holocaust.

Farid Mortazavi, graphics editor for Tehran's Hamshahri newspaper, said that the deliberately inflammatory contest would test out how committed Europeans were to the concept freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let’s see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he said. "

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-2027749,00.html

the tables have turned!

my entry for the contest:

A knowledge-based article in light of the caricatures published by a Danish newspaper and then reproduced across other European news media.

This Scholar and former professor at the University of Madinah explains the Islamic viewpoint concerning this issue.

In Defense of the Prophet Muhammad

(may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace)

By Shaykh Rabee' ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee

(may Allah preserve him)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy

All praises are due to Allah, and may Allah exalt the status of the Messenger of Allah and that of his family and his companions, and may He grant them peace.

As for what follows:

Some newspapers and other forms of media have spread hurtful, vicious information that could only emanate from the jealous, arrogant enemies of Islam and its Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace).

That conduct comprises a calumniation of Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah and a distortion of his message by jealous individuals and Christian organizations, as well as envious and irresponsible columnists, like those who write for the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

Its writers mocked the best of Mankind and the most distinguished of the Messengers, Muhammad (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace), the likes of whose nobility, honour, justice, and manners the earth has never known of. Neither has it known of a more complete and comprehensive message than his, nor a more just and merciful one.

It is a message that embraces belief in all of the prophets and messengers, honoring them and defending them from calumniation and defamation. It has also preserved an accurate history of the prophets, including Jesus and Moses. So whoever disbelieves in Muhammad and speaks of him in a derogatory manner has disbelieved in all of the prophets and disparaged of all of them.

Recently, some uncivilized miscreants made fun of the Prophet, drawing various pictures of him. Twelve despicable pictures, one of them portrayed him (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) wearing a turban resembling a bomb on his head.

We say to these criminals and their envious supporters in Europe and America: You are accusing others of your very own crimes! (*)

Let it be known that never did Muhammad (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace), nor his righteous successors or any of his honorable companions, ever establish factories for even the most primitive of weapons, like swords and spears, let alone atomic bombs, long-range missiles, or any other weapon of mass destruction.

Never did Muhammad (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) build a single weapon factory. Rather, he was sent as a mercy for the entire creation, to guide all Mankind towards happiness in their worldly lives and in their hereafter, such that they fulfill their Creator’s right upon them, for it is He who created them to worship Him alone. Whoever rejects this is truly a criminal deserving punishment in this life and the next, by the Lord of all that exists, the Creator of this universe and its Master.

As for you O Westerners, claimants of civilization, you have constitutions and statutes that destroy upright moral character and permit all kinds of forbidden acts, the likes of fornication and homosexuality, as well as usury which destroys the economies of entire nations, and the eating of improperly slaughtered animals (dead meats) and pork, something that causes the loss of concern for women's values, and thus a man does not feel protective of his wife, sister, or daughter, and thus she fornicates with or intimately befriends whomever she pleases. These are some of the means which lead to ruin, and they have been prohibited in all of the prophetic messages.

As for bombs and all other weapons of destruction, war planes, tanks, and long-range missiles, you are the ones who engineered and manufactured them with your satanic minds that only think about transgression, animosity, oppression, attacking, tyranny, conquering entire races of people and enslaving them, spilling their blood, and usurping their natural resources. You think only about annihilating those who oppose you and stand in the way of your greedy aspirations, your oppression and spreading of hatred. All this wrapped up in the name of civilization, human rights, freedom, and justice!

All intelligent people know this about you. For your dark history is overflowing with uncivil and terrorist acts, a history recorded against you by both your enemies and allies alike.

Anyone who does not know this should read about your history and your occupation of numerous nations, or at least read the history and some horrible results of your two World Wars. For example, the number of fatalities in the First World War in Europe reached "More than 10 million, and they were the elite of their nations' youth. And more than twice this number had incurred serious injuries disabling them for the rest of their lives." [Refer to: At-Taareekh al-Mu'aasir: Uruubbaa minath-Thawratil-Fransiyyah ilal-Harbil-'Aalamiyyaith-Thaaniyah, p.505. (Lit: Recent History, Europe from the French Revolution to the Second World War)]

The number of soldiers killed in the Second World War reached: "17 million, along with another 18 million civilian fatalities - all of them killed within a period of only five and a half years. Experts have estimated that the military expenses alone reached $1,100 billion, and that losses caused by the war reached the value of $2,100 billion. Added to this are the number of entire cities destroyed, the amount of earth scorched, the agriculture that was flooded, and the factories and plantations that stopped production, not to mention the number of livestock that were destroyed or lost." [(Al-Harb al-'Aalamiyyah ath-Thaaniyah by Ramadhaan Land, p.448-449) (Lit: The Second World War)]

The Hiroshima Bomb

Stated the author of the book, "al-Harb al-'Aalamiyyah ath-Thaaniyah" (p.446-447) (Lit: The Second World War), "And perhaps it is appropriate to speak about this first atomic bomb. Let us relay what was reported directly from one of the Japanese in his interview with Marcel Junod, a representative of the Red Cross, speaking about the reality of this most frightening explosion. He said: …And suddenly there appeared these intense, muddy pinkish lights, accompanied by an unnatural tremor. This was immediately followed by an asphyxiating wave of heat and violent winds that ravaged everything in their path.

Within only a few seconds, thousands of people who walked the roads or sat in the city's main streets were burned alive. A great number were then killed by the intense heat that spread all over. Others were left lying on the ground screaming in pain with deadly burns all over their bodies. Anything that had been at the point of impact – walls, homes, factories, and other buildings – was completely and totally annihilated, with all traces of these things sent hurling into the sky in a ghastly whirlwind. Trams were plucked from their steel tracks and flung as if they had lost their weight and substance. Trains were lifted off the ground along with their tracks as if they were mere toys. Horses, dogs, and livestock were all befallen with what befell the people. Every living thing had lost its life in one painful turn of events too difficult to describe. Trees were engulfed in blazing fires, rice fields lost their color, and farms crackled and burned away like dry straw.

As for the surrounding areas that escaped instant death: Homes were crumbled and only piles of wooden boards remained amongst bricks and stone foundations. Everything was crushed as if they were cardboard houses in a zone of destruction 10 meters in diameter. Those who survived found themselves totally surrounded by raging fires. The few people who managed to get to any type of shelter in time died painful deaths from gamma radiation within 20 to 30 days. By nightfall on the day of the blast, the blaze slowed down and then died out, finding nothing left to fuel it. Hiroshima had passed away into nothingness."

These are some of the landmarks of your civilization that you sing and boast about, and become insolent towards Islam and its Prophet with. Yet you continue intensifying every form of oppression and corruption and you go on inventing more and more weapons of destruction, annihilation, and devastation, and this – by Allah – is the utmost limit of barbaric and animalistic behavior.

( Or do you think that most of them even listen or use their intellects?

There are only like cattle, rather, even more astray than that. )

[soorah al-Furqaan 25:44]

So crown yourselves with your own bombs, including the Hiroshima bomb and its likes, and crown your leaders with them. Consider all other weapons of mass destruction as your fangs and claws that you use to prey upon wild animals and all of Mankind.

( And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them. )

[soorah ash-Shooraa 26:227]

Written by: Shaykh Rabee' ibn Haadee 'Umayr al-Madkhalee

1426/12/28 (corresponding to 2006/1/28)

Translated:

Moosaa ibn John Richardson

Mmmmm, cartoons are bad mmmkay...

Seriously, I can relate to the idea that political turmoil can incite these feelings of willful destruction of private property... but goddamn, they published the cartoon in Denmark and way over in Iraq they burned Mohab round the ways car up... So, how the fuck does Mohab feel about that? Like this cartoon justifies a mob just to roam around and burn shit? Or would 'Mohab' be pissed and take them to some Moslem court? Could somebody lose a hand over something like this or???

Originally posted by CACashRefund+Feb 9 2006, 05:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Feb 9 2006, 05:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Soup@Feb 8 2006, 08:53 PM

I love the irony here tho, their prophet's depicted as a cooky cartoon stereotype... so they riot... AGAINST THE US... which is totally not what I think of when I think sterotypical-muslim nigga-moment.

they rioted against the danes

[/b]

They never JUST riot against one western country, but yeah you're right. Here's my source: http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=7156

Flavicon, stop knocking the Koran. To put it simply, the Koran is like America's constitution, because it's open for leaders to proselytize their interpretations. These riots are always first propagated by a mix of clerics, government leaders, and sometimes the college student who claims he's sent by god, then they're armed and funded usually by private organizations.

I've been in riots before, but nothing in America's history compares in tactics. Late 70's back in Pakistan, rioters pulled up to the U.S. embassy in a fleet of government owned charter buses. Extremist rioters identified by uniform sweaters directed the crowds of students to attack the Embassy, an American school, and other american buildings in the area all at the exact same time.... fuck man i'm really getting into this book [ghost wars].

I give oodles of respect to Die Welt and all the other papers that reprinted the cartoon. Fuck those savages who think that people are going to bow down to their intimidation. Making laughing stocks out of yourself is what you're doing - not intimidating.

So fuck 'em, and they're the ones missing out because Havarti is the best motherfuckin' cheese in the whole wide world.

I don't give a fuck - you cannot defend shit here. And you think those cartoons are offensive? good for you - retaliate with your own.

If you don't like freedom of speech, get off the planet. This almost proves to me that my dad was always right - 'nuff of Islam is uncivilized savagery. Assholes that bust off AKs to celebrate a wedding. HAHA

----

Sorry, I made a bunch of well thought out responses on another message board, and now I'm just sick of it.

Hey - check this out - FUCK MOHAMMED! hahahaaaaa

(i don't mean that, but I said it. WHAT?!)

btw, you guys are playing yourself big time. the 170,000 Muslims in Denmark are gonna be even more marginalized.

You people need to start policing yourselves. I hope that the Muslim version of Martin Luther comes around and shows you people that it ain't all about converting the world by the sword.

But I understand that can't happen while there is an apparent crusade against your people, but shit, have some dignity! There is no way anyone should bring up the "yeah, I don't condone this behaviour, but that cartoon was offensive..." crap. There are people in London protesting with suicide bomber gear on. What about the people who died in 7/7? Nah, that pales in comparison to a cartoon, right?

Anybody who thinks that cartoon shouldn't have been published - fine. But anyone who thinks it's a call to war needs to go back to the middle east so you can all die if someone to nukes it.

That cartoon definitely should have been published. Germany/France, whoever...those papers are showing who is boss - if you don't like freedom of speech, you don't belong there. 'Nuff said.

*the previous two posts were edited because I thought they were a little harsh. I can't wait to eat some pork for lunch tomorrow. You mad?

Read this.

the extremists based the riots and killings of this

�0,3 Quran:5.Al-Ma'idah:��1,15 33.The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter. ��0,3 NQ V4.3 ��

How ever. The cartoons were not published in Islamic land and had nothing to with Islamic law.

See if the cartoonist had been living anywhere under Islamic nation, then he would have been killed, crucified or hands and feet of opposite sides be cut