Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Cartoon Riot.

Discussion in 'News' started by ClueTwo, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

Has anyone seen this cartoon that is causing all the uprage in the Eastern part of the world?

I'd really like to see what is causing such an uproar...

2. Lonesome Cowboy Bill

Lonesome Cowboy Bill Member

I'll be getting to this in a few...but I can already predict exactly how a thread on the muhhamad shit will turn out...and I can basically predict who will say what and take which side...thus do we even need one?

3. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

I just want to know what the stink is over...

4. Wire

Wire New Jack

I've been searching and searching for the cartoon but can't find it. If anyone can give up a link, that would rock. I would like to know what the muslim community found so offensive that it caused riots.

-edit: I know that depicting Mohammed in any way is offensive to Islam, but riots? Get a grip, jackasses.

5. Lonesome Cowboy Bill

Lonesome Cowboy Bill Member

6. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

I don't agree with the riots, but I do understand why they'd happen because of this. You people here (some of you) don't believe in anything except the fulfillment of your desires and the advancement of your own lowly selves. Thats why you think people who bug out over the depiction of a prophet is stupid. What about flag burning? I may be wrong, but is'nt that illegal in America now?
    My point is, Non muslims can't just keep going on thinking that we (muslims) play by their (non muslims) rules. We don't play by the same set of rules, obviously. We don't play that ,and boycotting denmark products was a solid move becuase how many millions lost in revenue per day? Now they know. We don't play that.

so if youre a christian and someone depicts Jesus as lets say a homosexual (And I seek protection from Allah from ever thinking that) and that someone was merked by Christian, (and for the record, I don't necessarily agree with any fool killing a person like that.) But if he got merked I would understand why. (Although christians play the peace loving role these days , so I don't think any christian would do JACK) .........My point is, Don't play with fire, if you know Muslims are going to wig out by disrespecting a figure we hold dear, then don't be an idiot. It's a simple equation. You don't understand why muslims are as faithful as we are, and thats fine,you may never understand. But you do have enough sense not to jump off a cliff don't you? Ok, then don't disrespect our prophet and we won't hurt you.

7. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

^I don't think advise which boils down to "if you know a group of people is going to get pissed, its okay to be shook and shut up" has any merit at all. My beliefs and their expression shouldn't be subject to approval from a bunch of rioting lunatics who can't run a free country to save there lives...

PLUS there is plenty of anti-Jewish, anti-Christian and other offensive cartoons produced by Muslims. I was reading on this the other day and I came across this quote form a Muslim site:

http://www.arabamericannews.com/newsarticl...?articleid=4310
    "But when a cartoon appeared in The Independent in 2003, depicting Prime Minister Sharon of Israel eating the head of a Palestinian child while saying: "What's wrong? You've never seen a politician kissing babies before?," Jews in Britain and around the world erupted with indignation. Offend Zionist Jews and the world erupts in indignation. And this was an anti-Israel cartoon, not anti-Semitic."

...now the thing that is outstanding here is that while this may represent a double standard (though I'd never heard of any real scandal), NO ONE FUCKING RIOTED. honestly, I'm a very liberal person but the psycho wing of Islam pretty much could all die and I would think the world a better place for it. I wouldn't have felt this way even two years ago, but I don't see any hope for a bunch of Muslim clones of Pat Robertson...

8. swedish erotica

swedish erotica Banned

"Iranian paper launches Holocaust cartoon competition

Iran’s biggest-selling newspaper has waded into the Muhammad controversy by launching a competition to find the 12 "best" cartoons about the Holocaust.

Farid Mortazavi, graphics editor for Tehran's Hamshahri newspaper, said that the deliberately inflammatory contest would test out how committed Europeans were to the concept freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let’s see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he said. "
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,251-2027749,00.html

the tables have turned!

9. bobthemothafuckinbuilder

bobthemothafuckinbuilder Junior Member

These people are fucking retarded and are just looking for new reasons to get killed. Hey, let's start a riot because conan obrien had jesus riding around in a little car with a shotgun and a beer. I don't give a fuck who muhammed is to you... he is nothing to me... same way jesus is nothing to me. Fuck religion. Fuck you. Stupidasses need something better to do other than riot over stupid shit every 3.5 minutes.

10. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

First.
    You can't compare Ariel Sharon with the Prophet Muhammad.(peace be upon him)
    You would never see Muslims doing disrespectful cartoons of Moses.(peace be upon him).
    Second,
    drawing pictures of Humans, animals and living creatures is forbidden in Islam. (just like it is in Christianity , but christians don't follow the commandment) "thou shalt not make graven Images". So, again, this is a dispute between what people of Arab descent do and what Islam says.
    Remember, They don't always coincide.
    Third,
    It is forbidden to us to insult the Gods or religious symbols of other religions, even though we disapprove of these false deities, we still are commanded by Allah to respect their faiths to build a mutual respect.

fourth
    your statement that " the psycho wing of Islam pretty much could all die and I would think the world a better place for it."

Well, I'll ask you to define "psycho". You will never understand the oppression and pshchological torment that many of these people endure everyday. How do you think they "the psychos" convice mothers to send their children into the streets with bombs strapped to them? Can you imagine what kind of a person does that? Not a deeply pious religious person of sound mind. A desperate person who has been under occupation of an oppressive regime that has no compassion for thier lives or their honor.
    If someone stripped you of your honor, King Bling, killed your uncles and your big brothers when you were 12 and you had been living in a shack with rubble covering your front and back yard. Watched your mother crying herself to sleep your whole teenage years because she doesn't know how she's going to provide a stable enviroment for you and your little sister who has (by the way) no arms, because they were blown off during one shelling campaign by the freedom boyz.
    do you think you might be a little "psycho" being raised in this enviroment? Well, that's what palestinians have been going through since the 40's thanks largely to your baby kisser Arial Sharon.

Do you think I am exaggerating? If you do, then you're only paying attention to one side of the story, and it's time for you to wake up.

11. bobthemothafuckinbuilder

Shut the fuck up.

12. bobthemothafuckinbuilder

And for your information.... Muslims in the middle east have been killing each other quite effectivley for hundreds of years without the need of Israel or anybody else.

13. bobthemothafuckinbuilder

I don't agree with the riots, but I do understand why they'd happen because of this. You people here (some of you) don't believe in anything except the fulfillment of your desires and the advancement of your own lowly selves. Thats why you think people who bug out over the depiction of a prophet is stupid. What about flag burning? I may be wrong, but is'nt that illegal in America now?
    My point is, Non muslims can't just keep going on thinking that we (muslims) play by their (non muslims) rules. We don't play by the same set of rules, obviously. We don't play that ,and boycotting denmark products was a solid move becuase how many millions lost in revenue per day? Now they know. We don't play that.

so if youre a christian and someone depicts Jesus as lets say a homosexual (And I seek protection from Allah from ever thinking that) and that someone was merked by Christian, (and for the record, I don't necessarily agree with any fool killing a person like that.) But if he got merked I would understand why. (Although christians play the peace loving role these days , so I don't think any christian would do JACK) .........My point is, Don't play with fire, if you know Muslims are going to wig out by disrespecting a figure we hold dear, then don't be an idiot. It's a simple equation. You don't understand why muslims are as faithful as we are, and thats fine,you may never understand. But you do have enough sense not to jump off a cliff don't you? Ok, then don't disrespect our prophet and we won't hurt you.
    [post=4306242]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

"and we won't hurt you"

Once again... shut the fuck up. You are really making me regret leaving Iraq. I don't give a fuck who your prophet is because to me he is the same as a fucking cat that can talk.. it's non existant to me.

14. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

Shut the fuck up.
    [post=4306483]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

ooh, intellegent response Bob.

15. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member