carrying spraypaint on planes

jamespolk

I've run a search for this already, and come up blank. And this seems like it could benefit some people in this stupid post "9/11" world. Anyways, what is the legality of transporting cans on an airplane? Are they allowed in carry on or checked baggage? And if neither is possible, is my only alternative shipping cans?

My gut feeling is that cans aren't allowed at all. I'm spending some time overseas soon (no, not Europe... think remote jungle where paint is hard to come by) and I'd like to bring some cans.

thanks for the help.

James K. Polk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you can easily bring paint on air planes. all u need to do is put in a bag that you check in, not carry on, because you'll never get it through the security check.and a little tip for you; put your paint in those big ziplock bags, you know the ones? just in case the presure or whatever starts to geek out in the can, you wont end up with paint onall your other shit in the bag. it works i just had to do it not to long ago!

flying outta germany my boy checked 8 cans of belton....while he was waiting for his flight to depart they called him to the security desk and made him remove all his paint from his bag due to the flamable logo on the can....his mom in germany mailed the cans to my house, but they got here after he went back to germany...so now i got 8 new cans plus 3 other cans he mailed me earlier before he came to the states....good for me....i guess....

where are you goin thats so remote?

just asking cause i have a friend who works in the mia airport and said they were absolutely cracking down on all that, not saying they get everythign , but that they are saying no to everythgin like that including paint...

Yoink, I'm going to be travelling around the Phillipines for awhile. Paint can be hard to come by in some areas. It seems like security is to tight. I could swear I've read they were xraying checked baggage too.

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

i think the person who started this post is a PIG

I think you're a fool. But you've caught me. Here's a recent photo.

http://www.camemorial.org/jpgs/leomf/tiffanyh81.jpg'>

Why would I ask a bunch of internet vandals (you) about this? I could easily call up any airport or airline.

James Polk

i was at the mia airport the other week and i was watching the screening in security and they had this video, get this, no spray cans, guns knifes you know the usual then another screen comes on and says you cant carry chainsaws on the plane..CHAINSAWS....geez whats the fucking world coming too when i cant carry my trusty chainsaw with me!! :D

the FAA does not allow any sort of spray paint on checked or carry on bags

however, i've gotten a couple (literally, 2) cans through regular security in an airport (in the past two months) ...however, i was subject to a random check at that last second before you walk down the breezeway and onto the plane...they found the paint, but they allowed me to do the 11th hour bag-check right there on the spot after some hemming and hawing about its legality...

so basically, you're just taking your chances..

i would say there is only a very slim possibility of getting in any trouble other than losing your paint..

..any international airport will probably be slightly more concerced with security

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by jamespolk

yes, guns are okay as long as you promise that you won't fire them on the plane.

but what if you intend to shoot them on the plane?? more specifically, shooting people

Guest imported_Europe

Taking cans on planes before 9 11, in either carry on or checked baggage

95% chance of failure

After 9 11, forget about it... Even shipping it across the atlantic is highly problematic now.

Originally posted by Jewish Task Force

Depends on the airport.

If its paper label, like Belton, take the label off, it helps. I usually take it carry on. Its pressurized in the cabin so you know it wont blow.

Dont try it at London Stansted. I got 11 cans confiscated after a long argument with security and almost missing my plane. Dont fuck with British security. Bastards..

Guest toyeraser

MY EXPERIENCE...

i don't know what you all have run into, but i lost a gallon of marsh and 5 cans of montana trying to get on an airplane... before 9/11. they even tried to fine me $10,000 dollars, but the official rejected the fine. so BE CAREFUL!!! send the shit ups or fed ex. if anything in your bags is flammable, combuxtible, or pressurized you can catch a stiff ass fine and maybe some jail time. or they'll at least threaten you with it and you'll they'll confiscate the goods. that is unless they're too stupid to notice it in your stuff and you slip through the cracks... but if that was the case you should carry drugs in pwdered form. :mexican:

Guest -MOE LESTER-

i snuck 4 pilot jumbos paint markers, 20 medium pilots, shitloads of unipaints and shit over from japan, i believe all this shit is flammable...i hid them in my sisters backpack.....(whos gonna fine a little 8 year old girl? i tried to bring over a BB gun but they saw it in the X ray and made me declare it

VERY MUCH ALLOWED

flew from calgary to victoria this week...took paint both ways...

rules are:

aerosl cans are allowed underneath the plane...as many as you can fit in a suitcase...i took ten to vic and two back, and there was no problems either way...

asked openly, to a positive reply.

-dot.

Archived