car people....

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)

"This refers to a part that is made by the same manufacturer as the genuine part you would receive from you local automotive dealer"

bet you thought i knew what i was talkin about. ha no way i heard it before but this inclined me to research.

heres a link describing it called aftermarket & oem auto parts

Ube...yes the prices are for one rim. there are some cheaper wheels on there...keep clicking through them. Pick up a car magazine like sport compact cars or something along those lines...there are tons of ads in there with some killer wheel and tire package deals.

someone told me wider tires are typically worse in inclimate weather. I don't know why or have any proof. I just know my restored muscle car didn't get around at all when it snowed.

ed: sp

Originally posted by SteveAustin

I just picked up some 16"s with hardly used Sumitomos for 5 bills.

so does this mean you finally bought a car or are you freshing up your old ride?

16's? are you a fag? do you have a vagina? c'monnnnnnn stevie, real men dont push anything less than 18's.... :D

i havent gotten it yet, but im just waiting on the dealer to find one.

im either going with an 01 jetta wolfsburg, or an '00 jetta gls, whichever he finds first. why not an '01 gls you ask? cause if its not a wolf (which they didnt make in 00) then its not worth the extra 2k its gonna cost to get an 01. and to be honest, its not worth the 2k either way, but fuck it, soemtimes you gotta pay for a name, naw'mean?

with any luck, i'll have it in the next two weeks.

yeah, im up on tiretrack. theres also another site that i'll link later, that has some real good deals on wheel/tire combos. decent 18's with tires for about a G.

ubejinxed,

as someone said, a wider tire is going to sit ontop of the snow, where as a slimmer tire will cut through it better.

steve, you've got a gti, yes?

if you've got a picture, feel free to click that little 'email' button below this an send me a copy, id like to check it.

7pm on a friday night and im still in the office.

seeks/rogue accountant, bitch what?!

what color/model you putting them?

to be honest, i dont think ive ever seen a set of black rims that i thought looked good on a car.

gun metal can be cool, but not black.

check that site... theres some dope rims by 'flik' that are affordable.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/car_images/Volkswagen/Jetta_GL_87/Jetta.13.Black.gif'>

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/wheel_images/Sport_Edition/Fox_2_Sport.IA.dw.gif'>

motherfucking stealth. (although i dont know why the gay vinyl shit is on the front.....gay...)

but.....

you cant front on the daisy's.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/wheel_images/Mille_Miglia/Daisy.KW.dw.gif'>

Archived