Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

car people....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Oct 10, 2003.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

what the fuck does OEM stand for?
    it's driving me crazy.
    it's like the LOL of the car world, and im the last motherfucker to get clued in.

2. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

that stand for Once Every Month as in check it that much.

actually its Original Equipment Manufacturer... the manufacturer of the actual parts that the car comes out of the factory with.

3. iced_tea

iced_tea Member

Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)

"This refers to a part that is made by the same manufacturer as the genuine part you would receive from you local automotive dealer"

bet you thought i knew what i was talkin about. ha no way i heard it before but this inclined me to research.

heres a link describing it called aftermarket & oem auto parts

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I'll tell you if you put Endle$$ends on probation.

deal?

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

thank you.

now how about some sites with dope rims that wont cost me 7,000 dollars. (nothing chrome, and nothing that spins please)

6. nomadawhat

www.tirerack.com

this site allows you to see the car profile w/ the rims on it and you can pick your car color and shit.

7. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

I was thinking this was going to be about the people that sleep in cars.

What kind of car do you have?

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

nomada's got it.
    they've got deals on rims and tires with free shipping starting at like $699.

I just picked up some 16"s with hardly used Sumitomos for 5 bills.

so does this mean you finally bought a car or are you freshing up your old ride?

9. nomadawhat

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/car_images/Ford/Contour_SVT_99/Cont_SVT.16.Silver_Frost.gif'>
    _________________________ [img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/wheel_images/O.Z./Superleggera.GA.17.gif'>___________________________________[img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/wheel_images/O.Z./Superleggera.GA.17.gif'>

_________________________ [img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/wheel_images/Kazera/KZ-S.A.18.gif'>___________________________________[img]http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheelrack/wheel_images/Kazera/KZ-S.A.18.gif'>

10. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i'm looking to get new wheels too. i've been combing eBay and the rest of the web to find some 17" or 18" under $600 for the benzo.

i need to learn more about all this.

11. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

Nomada - nice site, thanks. are those prices for only one rim? are wider tires worse in the snow and rain? my rear wheel drive vehicle is a pain in incliment weather. i want the wider tires but i'm afraid it will make the situation worse.

12. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

Ube...yes the prices are for one rim. there are some cheaper wheels on there...keep clicking through them. Pick up a car magazine like sport compact cars or something along those lines...there are tons of ads in there with some killer wheel and tire package deals.

someone told me wider tires are typically worse in inclimate weather. I don't know why or have any proof. I just know my restored muscle car didn't get around at all when it snowed.

ed: sp

13. iced_tea

iced_tea Member

wider tires on a car is not a good thing to have in the snow especially on lighter automobiles.wide tires act as skis on top of the snow. even all-wheel-drive and heavy cars are not immune to this ski effect

14. WREK

WREK Guest

100 spokes on my 65 impala.

fuck a spinners.

15. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

16's? are you a fag? do you have a vagina? c'monnnnnnn stevie, real men dont push anything less than 18's.... :D

i havent gotten it yet, but im just waiting on the dealer to find one.
    im either going with an 01 jetta wolfsburg, or an '00 jetta gls, whichever he finds first. why not an '01 gls you ask? cause if its not a wolf (which they didnt make in 00) then its not worth the extra 2k its gonna cost to get an 01. and to be honest, its not worth the 2k either way, but fuck it, soemtimes you gotta pay for a name, naw'mean?
    with any luck, i'll have it in the next two weeks.

yeah, im up on tiretrack. theres also another site that i'll link later, that has some real good deals on wheel/tire combos. decent 18's with tires for about a G.

ubejinxed,
    as someone said, a wider tire is going to sit ontop of the snow, where as a slimmer tire will cut through it better.

steve, you've got a gti, yes?
    if you've got a picture, feel free to click that little 'email' button below this an send me a copy, id like to check it.

7pm on a friday night and im still in the office.

seeks/rogue accountant, bitch what?!