car help!!

aichs47

i got a 91 honda accord ex its an autiomatic four door. i know there has got to be some tech geeks on here, and some other cats who got some info on this kinda car. it would be appreciated for a little help on making this ride all it could be. oh can a put a h22 into this car? thanks in advance:D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

woo an EX you say?

well im not much on the import car tip but...

my mom owned one of these beasts back in the day and please belive i messed with it. well to start off its not a bad car power wise

even though it is stock it WILL take a civic easily...

(if you know how to drive)

i would reccomend starting out with some new plug wires, a cold air intake and a header (it worked for me)

buy a chip if they make one it will probably get you around 15 horses

if youre going to go all out in the engine swap department i cant help you much because numbers for import engines are all greek to me

unless youre talking about the almighty 22re

id say bore the engine out a bit and buy or bore a bigger throttle body

this should get you some decent power gains

if you buy an exhaust (which im sure you will) spend money on the right piece for your car, universal mufflers are for suckers unless your building your own system from the header back (like i did)

if you do build your own exhaust go with no less than 3 inch pipe

you say you live in california (emissions are horrid out here) so youll have to leave your cat on, for this i would suggest buying a cat that can be unbolted and replaced by straight pipe. i belive you can get one off of a mustang.

hmm thats about all i can think of but before i go

i will say this... speed is overrated! you WILL get in trouble

i know i sure did, now im back to stock engines with a little work done to the internals, in the end its all about style, if your ride looks better than everyone elses no one will notice that you cant beat them in the quarter mile

good day.

all the way baby!

well if combined with an intake, header and a bigger throttle body it should make for good sound and power

its the setup i had on my old toyota truck

(89-95 body style 22re engine with much work done to it)

and it worked very nice

yea the 22re is a 2.6 i belive (4cyl)

im not sure what accords push but it must be something like 1.8

i did have alot of work done to the engine

it basically had most of the parts that lc engineering puts in their prostreet type motor, i didnt take that into consideration when i told aichs that anything less than 3in is for pussies (but it really is)

so take that advice out of my original post and go with some dinky pussy 2 inch pipe or so

Originally posted by WhenOne

so take that advice out of my original post and go with some dinky pussy 2 inch pipe or so

well i really dont think there was any need to respond like that.. gee..

hahaha..yeah i couldnt really give a fuck either. we'd be talking bout a power gain of something like 1 - 2 hp with the smaller pipe *if* it was suited.. i say go with the bigger pipe and pull more bitches with the extra dB.

Originally posted by avils

well i really dont think there was any need to respond like that.. gee..

it relly wasnt intended to be hostile at all.

and i found another plus for smaller pipe...

your system (stereo not exhaust) will sound better

Originally posted by WhenOne

it relly wasnt intended to be hostile at all.

and i found another plus for smaller pipe...

your system (stereo not exhaust) will sound better

nah i was just playin man.

i wouldnt know about the system sounding louder coz some fuckers just ripped my entire stereo setup outta my car, whilst it was parked in the *secure* parking area at my complex..

:mad:

Originally posted by avils

hey when, are you talking about a 3in pipe from the cat back or all the way ? 2 1/5 or 2 1/25 would probably do the job better.. if you go too big you lose the vacuum effect and end up losing power..

ok i'll shut up.

yeah theres no ay that car has enough power to utilize a 3in pipe. got with 2 1/4- 2 1/2

many thanks

i really love yall cats man(not in a gay way)!! good looking out, much love and thanks for the tech help. i think imma try and stuff that h22 in there, got to sell major weight but hey got to do it. im going for major show but still wanna clown some cats!:D

yup..

rebuild a b18c with a turbo and that would be cool...just get some headwork done and lots of tuning so it can handle 9psi on pump, naw mean.

I'd go nutty and build a b18c to handle crazy boost. Ported and polished heads, turbo cams, upgraded valvetrain. JE pistons, stronger rods, sleeved block, bigger injectors. Get the engine blueprinted and balanced so I can run it up to 8000 rpm. and a phat T3/T4 turbo.

Guest socrates

Please don't race out older asian cars, it looks horrible...other than the supra, VR4. You need to save you're money and buy a newer car, like a 911 carera with 454 HP stock.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

yup..

rebuild a b18c with a turbo and that would be cool...just get some headwork done and lots of tuning so it can handle 9psi on pump, naw mean.

I'd go nutty and build a b18c to handle crazy boost. Ported and polished heads, turbo cams, upgraded valvetrain. JE pistons, stronger rods, sleeved block, bigger injectors. Get the engine blueprinted and balanced so I can run it up to 8000 rpm. and a phat T3/T4 turbo.

ummm.. an intercooler should probably be added somewhere along the line.. and too much fucking around with manifolds and dumps for a t4 on that little engine..i reckon.

and you'd prolly want a bigger fuel pump and a surge tank otherwise 3/4 of the stuff listed above isnt gonna help you at all.

did i mention a turbo timer as well ??

Originally posted by WALE!pd

muscle cars are my thing , if it aint carbbed it aint tough :D :D .... *drools* 72 chevelle ss 454 ls6 , oh how i long for this monster

you damn right but if you want an LS6 car you gotta go with a 70-71 Chevelle. the 72 lost just a tad bit of power because of emissions controls but then again depending on the state the car may be old enough that you can rip that crap out.

i myself own a 70 Chevelle Malibu. the engine sucks compare to a 60s-70s big block but i cant afford a swap yet and its better than the stock 307 that came with the car. its an 89 IROCZ 350(5.7L) with the tpi ripped out and replaced with a Holley 4BBL and a Edolbrock intake manifold, Hooker Headers leading back to the original Dual Exhaust pipes and a pair of flowmasters. i fucking love her to death, she handles like a dream especially for an old ass car. im hoping to have a early 396 or late 396(402) under the hood by summer time. i got the interior redone this summer and planning to get the whole electrical/wiring deal and the front suspension redone in the winter, between now and then i need to get some new wheels and tires, ill have pictures soon maybe ill post them.

Archived