Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Car bomb outside KFC in Karachi kills 2 - police

Discussion in 'News' started by T.T Boy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

KARACHI (Reuters) - A car bomb exploded outside a KFC fast-food restaurant in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi on Tuesday, killing two people and wounding about 15, some critically, police and doctors said.

A government spokesman said information was still coming in from the scene, and the death toll was unclear. Some of the wounded suffered severe burns, hospital doctors and police said.

The car bomb exploded outside a KFC outlet in central Karachi just before 9 a.m. local time (0400 GMT), gutting the restaurant and shattering the windows of a nearby six-storey office block housing several oil and gas exploration firms.

"This is an act of terrorism and apparently the KFC was the target," Manzoor Mughal, chief of investigation for Karachi police, told Reuters. "Our initial findings were that an explosive was placed inside a car."

The restaurant was closed at the time of the blast.

"We have two confirmed deaths. Initially there were reports that four to six people were killed in the blast but luckily only two people were killed," Mughal said, adding the two killed were security guards for Muslim Commercial Bank.

An ambulance crew member for the Edhi Foundation, Pakistan's largest charity, told Reuters six bodies had been taken to hospital, but doctors there said only two were dead, though six of the casualties admitted were in a critical condition.

Two other KFC restaurants, a Pakistani franchise of the global food chain owned by YUM Brands Inc , have been the targets of attacks in Karachi in recent months.

Militant groups, some linked to al Qaeda, have been blamed for several bombings targeting U.S. and Western interests in the city in recent years.

President Pervez Musharraf ordered a crackdown in July on militant groups, particularly those fuelling hatred between Pakistan's majority Sunni Muslims and minority Shi'ites.

Some Sunni militant groups have forged ties with Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network.
    A senior officer in the police bomb-disposal squad said the bomb had been locally made, weighed around five k.g. (10 lbs), and was detonated by a timing device.

Police said there were casualties in and outside the office block. Some had severe burns.

"I thought it was earthquake and then I became unconscious," said injured security guard Hassan Ali, being treated in hospital for head injuries and bandaged over his left eye.

Some banks on the ground floor of the office building also felt the force of the blast, which blew other cars on the road to pieces. Tenants of the building include Pakistan Petroleum Ltd (PPL).

Another KFC restaurant and a McDonald's outlet came under attack in September in Karachi. Two bombs exploded within minutes of each other at the two fast-food franchises, injuring at least two people, police said.

In May, six KFC employees were burned to death when their restaurant was torched by a mob during an outbreak of Muslim sectarian violence, which has plagued the city for years.

amazing, KFC and MCD's in KARACHI! proving again, fast food can go anywhere it wants. Fast food is the new british empire.

2. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

dude, as well travelled as YOU are?
    you must know thaty crap is everywhere.

3. Edika

Edika Member

america is everywhere

4. John Birch

John Birch Member

I don't where you live, but pakistan is everywhere too

5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i know fast food goes places, but i guess karachi just shocked me for some reason....
    im going back to cuba, no usa anywhere except for bad florida marlins hats and nikes from the 90s and 80s. ill make a killing selling them to hipsters.

6. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

I went to Wimpy in delhi. There was an armed doorman and they only served Buffalo burger due to their holy cow worship.

7. Dawood

Dawood Elite Member

see what I mean? can't even get a burger because of the "holy cow" .....and they call me crazy??

8. Soup

Soup Elite Member

I like how everyone's much more interested in fast food franchises than cops being blown the fuck up.

9. SPORTO

SPORTO Senior Member

Attached Files:

10. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend