1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Car/Bass question

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by azert, Jul 11, 2004.

1. azert

azert 12oz Senior Member

Car/Bass question

Discussion started by azert - Jul 11, 2004

Okay, this is a question for anyone who knows something about cars. A couple days ago, I got a capacitor and put it in. Now this morning when I got into my car, I noticed that my exhaust sounded unusually loud and deep. I revved the engine to make sure that it was my exhaust and sure enough it was. Now I don't have a performance exhaust so this worried me. I quickly checked to see if there were any holes in the muffler but there weren't so I was confused. When I turned my car back on, it still sounded loud. But when I stepped out of my car, it sounded normal. So then I figured out that it was my bass. I didn't have a cd in and the volume was at 0. I turned the volume up but the bass sounded the same. I turned the stereo off and the bass went off then.

Does anyone have an idea as why my bass reacted to the engine like that? Do you think it would have something to do with the capacitor? When I had the music on, I couldn't notice any change in the quality of the bass in the music so I dunno why the fuck it's doing that.

azert - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

Brewster Baker - Replied Jul 11, 2004

Check all your grounds

Brewster Baker - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Jul 11, 2004

Check your grounds and make sure you didn't run power next to the speaker cables, the electric field causes distortion/static. That sounds like what you're dealing with.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: