car audio chickanery (formerly 'seeking - peep*')

johnny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nice.

the fiberglass enclosure was put on hold due to my lack of funds for a decent set of subs. now that europe has been called off though, i can look back into it.

i need to learn more about subs and calculating volume's and shit, cause as it stands, i know i could physically make the enclosure, i'm just afraid the sizing would be all fucked and it would have too much/too little air space. if you come across any links on that shit, let a brother know.

i think today i might have to register at sounddomain and start pestering them.

Sounddomain is an awesome online store. They shipped my stuff within four hours! Amazing.

But do you want help on figuring out the amount of air space you have in an enclosure or how much air space you need? Cause on the sounddomain store to find out how much space is best, just click on the subwoofer you want and scroll down and it'll tell you. But I'm a little rusty on the volume formulas and shit.

Edit: I also recommend checking out the M3 on the front page. The guy also has a nice Supra.

Originally posted by seeking

nice.

the fiberglass enclosure was put on hold due to my lack of funds for a decent set of subs. now that europe has been called off though, i can look back into it.

i need to learn more about subs and calculating volume's and shit, cause as it stands, i know i could physically make the enclosure, i'm just afraid the sizing would be all fucked and it would have too much/too little air space. if you come across any links on that shit, let a brother know.

i think today i might have to register at sounddomain and start pestering them.

Back when someone posted that link to the people who built a subwoofer into their floorboards I found this page. It may be of some use in your dabbliings:

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm

Originally posted by El Mamerro

But you wont get the extra 15 HP though.

no, but i'm getting 20hp from the 'calvin pissing on a honda' window decal, and the neons, so i'm not really tripping. plus, the amp is just extra weight! weight=slow!

dude, i was kidding.

i will have an amp. i have an amp now actually. it's some old kenwood thing that i bought off a friend in 1997. ha. i'm still running the same jl audio 10" subs too. the foam is all cracked and ripped around the edges, so i just keep fixing them with epoxy. haha. i'll bet if i just new subs, i wouldnt even need a new amp. the thing i have now is a fucking work horse.

yEAH THE KICKER SOlo-baric's use small enclosures. i think that square sub it the install you showed is one. sealed box volume (12"): 0.88-2.0 cubic feet. i run an old school solo-baric (10" round) in my ride and it sounds good. its also powered by an older kenwood amp.

most, if not all subs come with recomended enclosure sizes. it gets to be a bitch when you try to build ported enclosures, so i would say stick with the sealed box.

punk rock? sheeeit son. straight buju banton, cutty ranks and mad cobra up in this beotch!

i took out the back seat and put in a light up dance floor, so girls can do the butterfly all proper like.

$500 alpine?

mmmmmm, i'm cool. i do things on the cheap.

Originally posted by -Rage-

All that work and they use an Infinity sub?!

Boo-urns.

i thought it was an eclipse sub. my bro's got an older one, 10" and it was over 600??watts rms (i'm not sure on that but it was burly).

get an amp w/ internal fans seeks. i don't know if xtant is any good nowadays or how precision power's rep is but i'd look into those two.

http://www.xtant.com/html/products/X603.cfm

with this you could run a single sub and a pair of components (rear channel) run in parallel. you'd need an additional 2 ch amp to run the the other pair of components (front channel).

http://www.xtant.com/html/products/X604.cfm

with this you could run all your components (front and rear channel) and buy a single or double channel amp to power your sub or subs.

Archived