Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Can't Edit... what gives?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by -Rage-, Oct 11, 2004.

1. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

OK...

I can edit here, but not in the Untitiled "Photo/Art/etc" section.
    Is there some sort of mis-coding?

It appears as though others can edit in the Photography thread, but I don't seem to have this option.

:(

2. Crash Landon

Crash Landon New Jack

i cant figure out how to edit my post either.
    help?anyone?

3. it is currently set for a 5 minute window to edit posts,
    to correct mispelling, etc.
    after that, no dice.

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Dust,

Gliks told me that same thing, but it seems to not hold true in certain side forums.

It seems as though the 5 minute rule didn't work in the Untitled section.

There appears to be a glitch in the 12oz matrix... specifically in the Untitled forum.

Is the 5 min rule going to stay for good?

Thanks though.
    -The angry one

5. we are still trying to work out the kinks,
    but that should be the norm...

6. tom araya

tom araya Member

i posted fliks, they came out too big so i went and resized them at the upload site. only about 3 minutes went by and i couldnt edit. this 5 minute rule is a terrible idea, i for one wont be posting anymore, too much of a hassle. please dont ruin this thread with dumb rules editing is important.

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

you wont post anymore because you cant edit what you say? wahhhhhh! heres the door.
    we enacted that to keep people from talking shit and wasting space. if you dont mean what you say, don't say it. it might be an inconvenience at times, but it keeps people 'honest'. thats life.

8. ElleGenie

ElleGenie Member

Oh I see..Glad I checked this thread.
    I was about leave all kinds of nasty messages!

I guess this will encourage us all to use the "preview post" button more often.

9. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Oh brother.. that was a funny.

:lol:

10. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

while i agree with that in most cases, i already encountered an instance where i think it would have been more convenient for the board in general if we were able to edit our posts at any time. i had posted a picture which would show up at first when the thread was viewed, but later did not because the photo hosting site had removed it. i think it would be beneficial to everyone if i could just edit that post and change the url of the picture, instead of posting again, taking up space and bandwidth. just my two cents.

11. sneak

sneak Guest

editing after 5 mins is needed...
    a) flicks going to redx's
    b) heads being bait.
    c) removing beef from threads. i meant what i say, it would be nice to be able to get rid of it after the person t was directed at has read it...

12. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

if your directing a post at a single member ehy not pm then instead of posting it? the not edit is aimed at holding users accountable for their posts.

13. metallix

metallix Elite Member

the old forum functioned just fine with people being able to edit/delete their posts.
    for security reasons it is really important for people to be able to delete or edit their own posts. especially on a graffiti forum. just incase some information was posted/shared accidentally or incorrectly or any other instances of incorrect posting. furthermore now that the board is open as it was previously to anonymous browsing the possibility of data harvesting increases. which may pose possible privacy issues when people cannot edit/delete their posts.

it seems to me the privileges should be extended to people with more then 500 posts, like the old system used to be. where you could not delete posts until you acheived a certain status. that should filter out the irresponsible or those that would tend to abuse the system. indeed there is a warning mechanism in place. so those that choose to edit/delete an entire thread out of existence or make things silly, can be discplined. given the amount of moderators on this board i don't see enforcement as an issue either.

14. diggity

diggity Guest

to sway off topic and to hit on something metallix brought up, it would be great if some of the kids on here understood that the REPORT button is not supose to be used to send all of the mods emails that say "great flix" or "call me hommie"

an acceptable use would be to send us a notification that you made a mistake and posted something or found something that was posted that shouldnt have been posted.

15. sneak

sneak Guest

metallix's first paragraph was what i meant by my point B.
    just in case you didnt know.