can someone school me on herpes?

vinyl junkie

namely, is it only transferable when someone currently has an outbreak? from what i understand, it's always transferable, only much more so if they are currently blistering and shit...

i know people on here know this shit,

any help would be much appreciated...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude, pray you don't have it. i know some people that passed it to each other. all stemmed form this one girl...gah! i'm glad i never had sex with any of those girls that got it by having sex with guys that lsept with that first girl...

Symptom Evaluation

How many outbreaks have you had in the past year ? If it was only one, it was one too many. You spend a great deal of your life, suffering physically and mentally. You wait for the next outbreak wondering if you could have prevented it. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the current outbreak was to be your last?

What happens when you first get herpes?

Symptoms of herpes usually develop within 2 to 20 days after contact with the virus, although it could take longer. These symptoms may last up to several weeks, varying from one person to the next. In many people, the first infection is so mild that it goes unnoticed. In others, the first attack causes visible sores. Even so, subsequent recurrences of the disease may cause lesions. When the sores are completely healed, the active phase of infection is over. Healing of the skin usually leaves no scars. In either case, the virus retreats into the nervous system and lies dormant.

Typical symptoms

The virus starts to multiply when it gets into the skin cells. The skin becomes red and sensitive, and soon afterward, one or more blisters or bumps appear. The blisters first open, and then heal as new skin tissue forms. During a first outbreak, the area is usually painful and may itch, burn or tingle. Flu-like symptoms are also common. These include swollen glands, headache, muscle ache or fever. Herpes may also infect the urethra, and urinating may cause a burning sensation.

How do you get Herpes?

Herpes is spread by direct skin to skin contact. Unlike a flu virus that you can get through the air, herpes spreads by direct contact, that is, directly from the site of infection to the site of contact. For example, if you have a cold sore and kiss someone, you can transfer the virus to their mouth. Similarly, if you have active genital herpes and have vaginal or anal intercourse, you can give your partner genital herpes. Finally, if you have a cold sore and put your mouth on your partners genitals (oral sex), you can give your partner genital herpes.

When Is Herpes Most Likely To Be Spread?

Herpes is most easily spread when a sore is present, but, it is also often spread at other times too. Some people notice itching, tingling or other sensations before they see anything on their skin. These are called "Prodromal Symptoms" and they warn that virus may be present on the skin. Herpes is most likely to be spread from the time these first symptoms are noticed until the area is completely healed and the skin looks normal again. Sexual contact (oral, vaginal, or anal) is very risky during this time.

Can Herpes Be Transmitted Without Symptoms?

Yes! Sometimes those who know they are infected spread the virus between outbreaks, when no signs or symptoms are present. This is called "Asymptomatic Transmission."

Research also shows that herpes simplex infections are often spread by people who don't know they are infected. These people may have symptoms so mild they don't notice them at all or else don't recognize them as herpes.

Many genital herpes infections are spread from persons who are asymptomatic "Shedders" of the virus.

For those who recognize their symptoms, asymptomatic transmission appears to be far less likely than spreading the virus when lesions are present. Many couples have had sexual relations for years without transmitting herpes. Some simply avoid having sexual contact when signs or symptoms are present. Others use condoms or other protection between outbreaks to help protect against asymptomatic shedding.

Are complications possible?

One kind of complication involves spreading the virus from the location of an outbreak to other places on the body by touching the sore(s). The fingers, eyes, and other body areas can accidentally become infected in this way. Preventing self-infection is simple. Do not touch the area during an outbreak. If you do, wash your hands as soon as possible. The herpes virus is easily killed with soap and water.

What about pregnancy? Can babies get herpes?

Babies can become infected with the herpes virus. If you've been exposed to herpes, you need to talk with your doctor about it before you get pregnant. This is important even if you've never had symptoms or haven't had a recurrence in a long time. The doctor might arrange a test to see if virus is present when you go into labor. In addition, you should be examined to see if you have herpes at labor and should notify the doctor if you think you have active symptoms at that time.

If no virus is found in the birth canal and there are no symptoms or signs of an outbreak, a vaginal delivery is considered safe. If herpes is present in the birth canal near the time of delivery, a cesarean section might be necessary to protect the newborn from coming into direct contact with the virus.

Babies also can get herpes if they are kissed by someone with a cold sore. A young baby cannot fight off infections as easily as an adult can, so serious problems might result. It's important that you do not kiss a baby when you have a cold sore.

Can herpes cause AIDS?

Herpes simplex virus is not related to Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus (HIV), the cause of AIDS. Studies suggest that sores or lesions in the genital area make a person more prone to HIV infection if they have sex with someone carrying HIV. This may be because sores create breaks in the skin of the genitals and make it easier for HIV to get into the body. Given that herpes causes such lesions, it is extremely important to avoid sex during outbreaks. Further research is being conducted in this area.

i'm not worried that i have it...

i just had a full std test about 2 weeks ago, and i came up totally clean...

however,

girl that i have been sleeping with for the last several months (until recently) told me tonight, while we were fighting, that she has herpes... trying to fuck with me...

but she adamantly believes that it can only be passed if she is currently blistered up... from what i understand, it's much more likely to be passed then, but that it can be passed any time...

mostly, i would like to be able to rub some proper knowledge in her face next time we talk...

and as an extra:

don’t trust a word a broad ever says (ladies, this goes for the guys yer sleeping with too)

eventually some trust should be established, but if the other person is either a drunk or a coke head (or in my case, both) don’t ever trust a word they fucking say...

me and girl were together for six months or so, and she only told me about the herpes thing now because she wanted to piss me off...

by the way, to get back at stupid broads, here is a picture of me fucking her:

(linked so as to not break any 12oz rules)

http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/v115/g...9/Set125_08.jpg

http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/v115/gally99/Set54_01.jpg'>

Originally posted by When

i think iquitters contracted the asian jumping herpes

ummm, no comment.

just playin. clean as a whistle. i was just contemplating whether or not to tell a story, but even with the names omitted it just don't seem right.

School you eh?

http://scc.uchg'>

watch yourself.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Maddox

Sounds like something out of a herpes commercial where some lady is rock climbing or doing something else which symbolizes her independence, then out of nowhere she blurts out "I HAVE HERPES." The music gets all serious and you hear a voice over "...there is no cure," cue inspirational music "but treatment is available." Then it cuts to a shot of the bitch on a beach and a guy runs up behind her and puts his arms around her. Good job dumbass, you're dating a skank with herpes.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

girl that i have been sleeping with for the last several months (until recently) told me tonight, while we were fighting, that she has herpes... trying to fuck with me...

but she adamantly believes that it can only be passed if she is currently blistered up... from what i understand, it's much more likely to be passed then, but that it can be passed any time...

mostly, i would like to be able to rub some proper knowledge in her face next time we talk...

by the way, to get back at stupid broads, here is a picture of me fucking her:

(linked so as to not break any 12oz rules)

http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/v115/g...9/Set125_08.jpg

o man whatta bitch!!!

i'd check it out again if i were you.

[valtrax]

from what i've read, which is not a whole lot, you can transfer it anytime but it's not very likely. if you never noticed any gaping wounds on her, and you got a test and it came back neg, you should be straight, BUT you're going to want to find out what the incubation period is, and get another test or two, just to be sure. the sores dont have to be on the genitals either. they can be on the lower stomach, thighs or even arms.

[/valtrax]

seeks/med school done did me right

Herpes is gross. I hear a lot of people have it.

The other week, I was out with my buddy and his ex-girlfriend. I’ve heard that she got herpes off of one of her rebounds, and besides that, she had this humongous cold sore on her bottom lip. When they passed me the spliff, I had to politely decline. What I’m saying is that who the fuck is she to even pass it to me? Fuck that. As far as I’m concerned, every girl has herpes until proven otherwise.

This one girl I know is just a kid (17 years old) and has the BIGGEST marks all around her lips. Even with a heavy application of clown makeup, you can see that shit. One day she tells me that she has herpes, and I say “no shit – look at your fuckin’ mug.” She got all pissed, but whatever, don’t insult my intelligence.

I think I should especially avoid white women. :idea:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Dude, who the hell pulls the "I have herpes" card during an argument? That's providing the opponent with a fail-safe weapon to win every future debate.

Her: "I told you to fill up the gas tank if you wanted to use my car, asshole!"

You: "Yeah, well, you see, you have herpes."

Her: 0 | You: 1

Her: "You said you would come with me on Sunday and help me out, and instead you went drinking with your goddamn friends while I had to paint the apartment all by myself. Don't fucking call me for the rest of the week."

YOu: "It's OK, I won't, because you have herpes."

Her: 0 | You: 2

Her: "It's obvious liberating Iraq wasn't the real reason we went to war. There is some serious bullshit going on, and you have to befucking blind to not see it."

You: "Normally, I would agree with you, but you have herpes."

Winner: You

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Her: "It's obvious liberating Iraq wasn't the real reason we went to war. There is some serious bullshit going on, and you have to befucking blind to not see it."

You: "Normally, I would agree with you, but you have herpes."

Winner: You

hahahahahahahahaha! awesome.

Archived