Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Can someone help me with my iTunes?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by $360, Feb 5, 2004.

1. $360

$360 Elite Member

i recently started puting cds in my iTunes library. it worked fine the first few times but now it wont. i can import a cd each time i restart my computer, but thats it.

example: i put in guns and roses and imported the cd, no problem. take that cd out, and put in mars volta. musicmatch comes up first(as it always does) and starts playing the cd, so i know that the drive is reading the cd. however, when i go into the iTunes application the audio cd does not come up on the menu. ive tried everything under file and edit etc etc.

can anyone explain why it only recognizes one cd and after that i have to restart in order for it to work?

i suck at computers.

2. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

1-800-MY-APPLE

3. $360

$360 Elite Member

thanks duder, but its not an apple. i know i talk like it is but that because the last computer i sed before this was a mac around 1998

4. yoink

yoink Elite Member

Ive never heard of anyone havin this problem...try goin into musicmatch settings and turning off the function that makes it automatically play first.....then keep Itunes open when you switch cds, give it a few and it should pop up in the menu....

5. $360

$360 Elite Member

good plan. ill be right back....

6. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi Senior Member

why the fuck are you using itunes if you don't have a mac? it just came out for pc, so do yourself a favor and junk it until an updated version comes out. can you not burn cds using musicmatch or something?

seriously, the online help stuff that itunes has is really pretty decent. it has saved my ass several times.

7. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

They've already had a handfull of updates on the pc version, and i haven't had a single problem with it in the couple months i've had it.
    Best bet on your problem would probably be what yoink said, and making sure your itunes is your default music player, because if it is, then musicmatch shouldn't be opening when you put in cds.

8. $360

$360 Elite Member

hahahah dont worry my friend, i didnt pay for it, it came on the computer. ive only had it for a few weeks.

i tried that yoink and it still dosnt recognize any cds after the first one.

i just dont understand.

9. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

First you want to go into "my computer" and right click on your CD drive. Select "Properties" from the drop-down menu you get and go to the "Autoplay" tab. Find "Music CD" in the drop-down menu and select "Import CD using Itunes."

I'd reccomend you uninstall musicmatch jukebox, but if you want to keep it you should know that you can also rip songs with Musicmatch, just find the little "import" button.

General hint: make sure to change the encoding in itunes to MP3 from apple's AAC.

Hope i helped.

10. $360

$360 Elite Member

i think its a problem that needs to be looked at by a professinal.not that all the input hasnt been awesome, i just think its a problem within the computer.

i say this because that didnt work nekro, and it seems like that should solve the problem.

thanks kids for all youre help

11. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

Im not even sure what the problem is....so...Id say use online help or call Apple.