CAN I GET SOME OPINIONS ON THIS PIECE PLEASE?

super poster

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest L.RonHubbard

where is it?? looks like a gymnasium, and um i dont like the letters or the vaughn bode character, or the santa character either, but i enjoy the funky background and the attempt to bring it back to the old school.

Guest professor poopatronic

l like the letters and colors, but those characters are beyond terrible. what are you trying to prove ivo? that you *used* to be good? that's wonderful, why don't you go back to that style? i'm not trying to be a dick i just don't get the point of what you're doing

Originally posted by professor poopatronic

l like the letters and colors, but those characters are beyond terrible. what are you trying to prove ivo? that you *used* to be good? that's wonderful, why don't you go back to that style? i'm not trying to be a dick i just don't get the point of what you're doing

thats cool professor poopatronic,i'm not trying to prove anything,just showing what i was capable of painting 10 years ago,what i am trying to get across is that in 1999 i gave up 'regular' graff style and started doing these ivo blocky things u see me do now as a fresh and very different change,with ivo i stand out so much its not funny,anyway heres another piece of mine from 1994 this time,tell me what u think...http://freephoto-i.net/users/akm/dgm_01.JPG'>

Guest L.RonHubbard

IVO i feel you completely. Your new graffiti is just as good or better than the older stuff, but heads will always tell you that your new shit is too ugly or out there, especially when you think you have taken yourself to the next level. My brother is always bitchin about my new shit because he thinks its ugly and sloppy looking compared to the crisper more traditional styles i rocked before. I think i just hit the next level tho, but i still feel where he comes from.

Another point is that right now alot of people on this board only like to see the same graff over and over like Vizy, Sigh, Elk, Nace rip, Mber, Grey, Ges, Kem etc...and dont have patience for anything other than what they are used to. When you come with some shit outta the blue lookin different than the next man someone is bound to diss.

Originally posted by L.RonHubbard

IVO i feel you completely. Your new graffiti is just as good or better than the older stuff, but heads will always tell you that your new shit is too ugly or out there, especially when you think you have taken yourself to the next level. My brother is always bitchin about my new shit because he thinks its ugly and sloppy looking compared to the crisper more traditional styles i rocked before. I think i just hit the next level tho, but i still feel where he comes from.

Another point is that right now alot of people on this board only like to see the same graff over and over like Vizy, Sigh, Elk, Nace rip, Mber, Grey, Ges, Kem etc...and dont have patience for anything other than what they are used to. When you come with some shit outta the blue lookin different than the next man someone is bound to diss.

thanks heaps for the props L.RonHubbard,basically whats the point in sticking to traditional graff styles hey??..!!!!!

Guest Merdle

wow ivo i must admit, I have a new found respect for your work now, I didn't realize you'd been at it so long and had explored so many stlyes before settling down to what yer doing now. bump

too many colors for my personal taste...calm down the fill and back ground so its easier to focus on the letter structure.

thats just my opinion.

fuk dude that shit was done in 92 look how fresh it iz and your complaining about that shit

jeezes man u suk zack morris

Guest L.RonHubbard
Originally posted by L.RonHubbard

IVO i feel you completely. Your new graffiti is just as good or better than the older stuff, .

I also didnt mean for this to contradict my first statement about not liking the first piece. I really dont like the first piece so much because the characters look amateur and the letters are a bit underdeveloped, but just wanted to point out that everyboyd looks for something different in graff and one cat may like the old shit and hate the new shit, where i happen to like your new shit more than this piece.

Originally posted by Merdle

wow ivo i must admit, I have a new found respect for your work now, I didn't realize you'd been at it so long and had explored so many stlyes before settling down to what yer doing now. bump

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS HEAPS FOR THE PROPS Merdle,HERES ANOTHER PIECE THIS TIME FROM 1996.

http://freephoto-i.net/users/akm/072.jpg'>

:king: ;)

Originally posted by dedcop

yo, i think ivo has always had a dope style but i like his new shit better. its kinda like a logo and shit. but his oldshcool shit still looks tight.

SWEET AS dedcop,I DO LIKE MY NEW STUFF BETTER BECAUSE OF THE LOGO,BUT FROM TIME TO TIME I LIKE LOOKING AT MY OLD FLIKS AND SEEING HOW I USED TO PAINT HEAPS DIFFERENT.........

Archived