Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

can i get a little help?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Telo, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Since you people on here are my news, homework, knowledge, weird fact, "impress your friend" and just plain flat weird shit SOURCE.. heres my dilemma.. im writing this paper for a undergrad english course. we had to read an essay a while back about how this guy really doesnt like being a man with all the sterotypes and how it just plain sucks.. my mission is to contradict his shit and fill up 3 pages. (6 pages double spaced).. ive got a about apage and a half of some decent material but i need some more shit. what can i say and are there any resources out there i can use? or any quotes from other authors that like being a man? just soem general help would be great.. thanks..

long time listener first time caller..

2. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

thats kinda vague, man.

"contradict his shit?" so you want to write an essay about why its cool to be a dude?

what course is this?

3. Kettiecat

Kettiecat Senior Member

And the stereotypes surrounding the ideal woman are so much better. Could you argue that our society in general has fucked up standards regardless of sex?

and there is a good book by barbara ehrenreich "the hearts of men: american dreams and the flight from commitment" it goes over the history of masculinity in the united states.

4. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Sorry. The essay is titled "being a man" the very first paragraphs topic sentence is. "why i hate being a man".. so after that its pretty easy to figure out what the rest of the shits going to be like..

I totally disagree with his arguments.. such as sterotypes men have and how he says they are true.. he never says that being a women would be better, but just how he hates being a man.

Its intro to coll. writing and its an "argumentative essay".. so basically what i have to do is disagree with his arguments and quote other people who would agree with me that being a man is cool..

what i need you to do is help me with quotes or other shit that will lengthen this baby to 3 pages.. (single spaced)

5. Telo

Telo Elite Member

thanks kettie.

6. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

im too lazy to do research for you, but what i would suggest might make it more simple for you is to "flow" his paper out.

write down each of his points and look directly for a quote or research that goes against each individual point, be sure to cite it all. that way you can form a good argument to "contradict his shit" without leaving a bunch of holes. make it persuasive but factual.

7. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

Not having to worry about sitting on a wet toilet seat in the middle of the night is pretty cool. How a guy can go from mr. sweet to talkin mad shit about a girl when she rejects him in public has always been one of my favorite things about being a guy. Beer bellies get a lot more respect on guys than people think. Thats all i got for right now.

8. Kettiecat

Kettiecat Senior Member

what are his reasons for hating being a man?

kinda hard to give you arguments if we don't know exactly what we are arguing against.

9. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Is this due tomorrow?

10. Telo

Telo Elite Member

yeah its due tomorrow poop man..

and for kettie.. lets get some quotes directly from the book for you.. hold on..

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

" i regard high school sports as a drug far worse than marijuana, and it is the reason that the average tennis champion is, say, an oaf"

this essay was written in 85' so he says sopmething along the lines of for him chosing to be a writer makes him a "pussy"

"nothing is more prisonlike than a boys camp"

"the whole idea of being a man in america is pitiful. It's like having to wear an ill-fitting coat for ones entire life"

12. Telo

Telo Elite Member

i meant choosing.. not chosing.. i just cant type right now.. im kind of doing alot of web surfing and shit so i gotta type lots of stuff..

"feminity- being lady like- implies needing a man as a witness and seducer"

13. Telo

Telo Elite Member

guess not..

14. Telo

Telo Elite Member

its due in a half hour and im still not done.. thats ok.. it only 20 PERCENT OF MY GRADE!!

15. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

should have posted this thread last week