can i get a freight spot?

phoniks

i just wanted to know how most of you go about finding new chill yards. i thought ive found chill spots,untill i get ran up on. people where i live have no respect for spots and leave cans around and tag buildings right next to the spot. what things do you people look for in freight spots?:o

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest me IS cool

Just use you judgment to see if it's chill. I recommend that you go often to see when it's chill and find out who paints it and how often. The best way is to hook up with someone who knows about it and either go with them or ask them how chill it is....

It has worked for me...

a good tip ive heard (and this applies to any spot youre trying to hit, freights or not) just go there with no paint at night, around the time you'd be painting, and walk around, see how many people walk through, what kinds of cars drive by, can you be seen from any roads, etc. its different every night but that'll give you a good idea of weather its an ok spot to even try....i agree though, its best to go with someone who knows whats up.

timing

its all about timing what time u go to the spot what day it is like if u go on a friday obviously there is more ppl out on friday and staurday nites then weekdays. and it depends on what time i recommend 2am-4am in the morning safest time b/c alot of clubs get out at 1am and wendys and subways and shit lke that so at 2am not alot of ppl are out.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by fr8burner

find a track away from the yard that spreads off from the mainline....or at a loading place away from any other buisnesses...not to hard to find...i find the best days to go are sundays...but thats just in my area...

yo, good advice...so ive found this yard that i know no one paints. and to save myself the risk of just going right into the yard, i looked around and found some tracks like you said...but how far do the freights usually line up? Does is depend on the day? I also found this spot in the middle of nowhere that brings one freight every few days to load, its quite funny actually. But i didnt hit any it would be too obvious.

anywhere you are planning on painting you should scope out for a bit before you do anything...

especially a freight spot..what workers are doing and when..what times the yard is most active..etc etc

if people are heating your spots then thats a bigger problem

if you can get a REALLY good map, like one of your state that is as thick as a dictionary, then there will be arial views which show train tracks..these maps also show yards..

if you can follow some of the lines that are near you around, i would guess that you will eventually find a chill layup..

when all else fails, you have to get physical with any toys who are fucking up your spot...this prolly won't work too well unless you're scary or in a crew...

Archived