Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Can anyone explain this film?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by El Producto, Oct 13, 2004.

1. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

[​IMG]

i watched this film, and i have no idea what its actually about. if anyone has seen the film and understands it, if you could fill me in with a quick explanation it would be aprreciated.

i have a feeling it has something to do with how at the beginning, he walks to the basebal pitch, and at the end he runs. but i dunno

any help would be pleasant. thanks

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Yes, Jackie Chan (the star) can run up corners, scale large fences, and beat up mass bad guys with ladders, chairs, or anything readily or not so readily accessible. He does all his own stunts. Almost all movies with him in them are the same... he runs up corners, jumps stuff, does flips, and punches. Does that help?

3. El Producto

that was very helpful...except a few things.

1.) its not a kung fu film
    2.) jackie chan is not in the film
    3.) there's no fight scenes in the film

does anyone have a serious answer?

4. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

haven't seen it...is it worth watching?

5. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

what's it about? (heh)

6. El Producto

it seemed to be well directed and stuff..but i didnt have a fucking clue what it was about

7. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Jet Li? Haha, oops... at least you said it was very helpful.... and if it's not Jet Li, is it Dragon Chan from punchout?

8. El Producto

not jet li
    not "dragon chan"

i think his name is masahiko ono

9. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

hey that's the guy from battle royale...coolll

10. seppuku

seppuku Member

that's takeshi kitano aka beat takeshi. i've never seen this movie however, so i have no idea what it's about.

11. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

moviesonline says:

In Takeshi Kitano's quirky second film, Masaki (Masahiko Ono), a quiet baseball-playing gas station attendant, runs into trouble with the local yakuza. Masaki's baseball coach, Iguchi (Takahito Iguchi), turns out to be a former yakuza and attempts to straighten out the situation but only winds up making things worse. In order to stand up for himself, Masaki, along with his friend Kazuo (Minoru Iizuka), heads to Okinawa to buy a gun.

There the two encounter tough guy Uehara (Kitano, acting under his alias, Beat Takeshi) and his all-too-loyal henchman, Tamagi (Katsuo Tokashiki), who are both in trouble with the yakuza as well. After various odd incidents, Uehara helps Masaki and Kazuo acquire a gun. When they attempt to use the weapon, however, the result sets the groundwork for an explosive climax.

12. El Producto

yeah i just didnt really understand why things were happening

most of the stuff just seemed irrelevant..and everyone in the film look the same, so i couldnt make out who was who and what not

13. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

Isn't that the film with Chow Yun Fat? Or was that Hard Boil?

14. WEAK NIGGUH

WEAK NIGGUH Member

I HAVENT SEEN IT, BUT THAT MOVIE FIRE WORKS WAS PRETTY AWESOME

15. Chakat Master

Chakat Master New Jack

A four-person coupling was hardly a new concept, but every time you add another person to the coupling, you increase the difficulty of coordinating the effort. However, it didn’t take too long for us to find our rhythm. Boyce and Goldfur would thrust as Quickpaw withdrew, then they’d draw back as Quickpaw would stroke forward. As I was propped up, I couldn’t move much, so I leant back with my eyes closed, simply enjoying the experience. My hands fondled Goldfur’s lovely firm breasts, my fingers teasing the nipples until they leaked milk all over them, making them slippery.