Cameras

GamblersGrin

Cameruhs.

I am looking to purchase a nice, new camera but unfortunately am uniformed when it comes to the art and high end brands. I am looking to get anything over $999. Yes, I know the camera that are $5,000 work awesome.

I would basically like for something that shoots like a toy camera, a Lomo Diana, and/or something that just shoots really beautifully with hi-res deep color photos. Is there something digital that any of you can recommend that does that? Or would film be the way to go?

What is good about a Canon SLR and does anyone have experience with one? Also, what about Yashica?

Thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well if you want a lomo look forget spending a grand. what makes lomo interesting is the format. so if you shoot a holga you use 120mm film and that gives you 6x6 prints making it unique.

but then you say you want high res and shoots beautifully... most Dslr's can provide this. Most new dslr's offer more megapixels than you'll ever need. What makes a picture beautiful will always be your eye and not the camera but im sure you know that already.

i'm going to suggest getting the most hipster wanted camera there is... The Yashica t4. shoots 35mm film so you can get it developed at walmart and save some money (better processing will always lead to better prints though) The problem with this camera is that it is so wanted that they're going on ebay for 200 dollars and that isn't exactly what they're worth.

another suggestion is getting an old SLR and learning how to take pictures properly. this camera will become your best friend. Take a course, learn some stuff then break off and develop your own style.

to be honest it seems like you just want nice pictures. but there are many cameras that can provide this without being a DSLR. Film will never be obsolete.

i know im not really helping im just kinda chatting about it but i hope you start to do some research and narrow down what you really want.

no, you are helpig and i appreciate that. i know with the lomo diana one the of the problems is getting that film developed because it is 120 format.

what are your thoughts on the yashica electro 35? that is the one i was looking at in particular.

the one issue i have with these digital slr's is that i dont want it to go obsolete in a year because of the digi technology in it and amount of pixels. you say tho that there are more than enough so that is good to hear.

i do want nice pictures, but also looking to do some photography with it of landscape,building exterior/interior, and all around just going out and snapping interesting shots.

the amount of things you can do with a point and shoot can be pretty impressive. don't let the fact that it is a point and shoot stop you from fiddling with settings and give your pictures that little extra.

the holga will be neat. its always exciting to see the results. getting your film processed at a professional place will also make a difference. it will be nicer than getting it done at walmart. then again the reason i like the 35mm holga is the fact that i can get it developed super cheap at walmart ahah.

the amount of things you can do with a point and shoot can be pretty impressive. don't let the fact that it is a point and shoot stop you from fiddling with settings and give your pictures that little extra.

the holga will be neat. its always exciting to see the results. getting your film processed at a professional place will also make a difference. it will be nicer than getting it done at walmart. then again the reason i like the 35mm holga is the fact that i can get it developed super cheap at walmart ahah.

i agree with you on getting the film developed for cheap. i am going to have to experiment - obviously - with it and figure out how i like to use it best. i will go to different places to get it developed to see how they come out vs. the cost.

lemme know how they are

the target by me no longer processes film, only digital.

i used 400 speed film in a variety of conditions and took it to walgreens. eh. ill go to a reputable place next time. granted, a good number of the shots came out shoddy on my end as this was first roll but i am still curious as to how a place that does this professionally would print em up.

i am also VERY curious as to how the 200 will come out.