camera flashes in the yard

killmyself

ok me and an undisclosed writer are at the favorite secret layup last night. paint 3 cars and bounce. we take flicks like normal. this is night time mind you. this is in a place where there is warehouses within sight. also we parked in the same spot that the crew has for years. so we leave, and 2 cop cars roll past us, and bust u turns. needless to say they wanted to know why our car was parked back there and what we were doing. i know they couldnt get us for painting the freights, but it fucked up our parking spot. what we cant figure out is if someone called in seeing flashes in the woods cause the cop asked if we took pictures, but at the same time he saw my camera sitting on my back seat. we dont know if the cop saw the car parked there, or what. needless to say he checked our records and shit happened he let us go saying just be more attentive to the no trespassing sign, ( which was no where near where we parked, ) and dont park near the tracks.... which we parked atleast a good 100 yards from the side track in the normal spot. so what is your opinion on camera flashes at night?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

they probably just happend to see the car and were checking it out when they saw the flashes. or someone might have called them, or he might have just seen the camera in the back seat and tried to get all psychological on you.

if its going to blow your spot, dont take flics. but if your between some lines, the flash will stay real contained. if your a bit more out in the open, take as few flics as possible, as quickly as possible, and then bounce.

you should be fine...

sometimes it boils down to how bad you want the flick

if you know your shit is rollin out and thats it, sometimes its part of the risk to grab that flick...i, for one, feel that flicks are important..i went too many years painting shit and not getting flicks, or not having a camera, or whatever...now they're pretty damn important to me..

if its hot, take all the flicks fast and all at once..but you prolly already knew that..

or, put the bags in a safe place and go back for the flicks sans materials..then at least you don't have graf paraphanalia on you...

and wear gloves

in some cases (cleans) flicks are vital..

some friends of mine once went to great lengths to go back into a spot we had been chased from to take pictures..just a few hours later.

but damn, i was glad to have those flicks.

i dunno, i doubt the police were attracted by the flash unless they were goin off all night, or if they just happened by at that minute.

if i were you, i would chill on that spot for a while and just wait till it dies down a little

either way, you're gonna need a new parking spot, even then its likely that the jakes will remember your car (especially! if there is something distinctive about it, like stickers and other shit on the bumper, weird make/model etc)

yeah the more i think about it, i definately think someone called from these warehouses which were open. but like i said its been done for years and had no probs. i definately know the spot itself is not messed up, just the parking spot, which in my opinion was sorta shady to begin with, but nonetheless got the job done. this was at the last place we thought some stupid shit would happen. we paint spots that are way way more risky than this boonie spot, and was suprised when this happened. we have another spot to park which is perfect, with cars around and everything, however to get to the spot you have to cross a road and then hit some woods, which are possibly visible from this little check point for trucks to enter. we have a daytime spot to park, which is a bit of a walk, but is safer, but is non navigable at night. this just brought me back down to earth, and let me know to be careful no matter how chill it is or was, and do your best to keep shit cool. the thing was we frequent the place a few times a week, and could of easily came back and got daytimes, and ran back there real quick and had no problems. but like i said i knew they couldnt get us for anything,i just didnt want the parking spot messed up. thats all we said when they pulled us over, there goes the parking spot. lol. but yeah i agree with the flicks i like em but arent essential. now like you said hitting passenger trains... there is no point in hitting it if you dont have a camera. but we always wait till we are done and take flicks all at once. then dip. we were fine, i mean we drove away and all then were going down this road, and 2 cops drove by then busted u turns, so its not like they were waiting. they had to just be called in to check it out. i guess we could of played it stupid and been like na... we were just driving home from work, but i found its best not to lie or atleast be as honest as possible without telling em you were painting something or you were going too.

anyway another question, say someone is seen in a yard or a spot, on railroad property. and the county or city cops are called. is it there place to be confronting/catching/arresting you, or is it only the railroad company bull's place? i have heard of people being chased out of yards by a running bull, and the bull stopped once they were out of the yard, and the cops were there to take over. they hid and were fine, but still... where is the line drawn with the jurisdiction of city/county police and the bull?

ps. one thing i know that helps me out, and a cop has even not given me a ticket for straight running a red light is because a cop owned the car before me and there is city police stickers on the bumper along with a glock and someother hand gun sticker from police training so they like to leave me go with as little as possible. its cool.

Night fliks-oh never. id rather not have a flik at all than have a night flik.

im the one who diligently goes back early in the mornin to get good day fliks and then hold them for ransom to the crew.

Sounds like you're lazy. If it's a chill, secret, much loved layup, why not come back the next morning with nothing on you and get day flicks? Maybe you got away with it for years, but every time you set off a flash at night you're rolling the dice on whether somebody saw it and whether they're bored enough to investigate or call 5-0. I'd rather let the car get away than risk blowing up a good spot. Even if there's little risk of actually getting popped the first time you do it (flick and run from a yard), somebody might have seen it, checked the area, found fresh pieces, and said "Maybe we should start patrolling back here." Then your return visits are more hazardous. I think night flicks are foolish unless it's a one-time spot, a clean train or other high-tension mission or must-have rare car.

I've done enough trains now, and have enough flicks, that I simply refuse to take night flicks. I'll just put in more work the next day tracking shit down. (It helps to know your local freight system and habits - I've caught day flicks of stuff up to several days later, an hour's drive away, because I know the routes different cars take.)

As for the cop-friendly stickers, they get mad if they actually ask about them and find out they're from the previous owner. A friend of mine was asked to remove a certain one of those when a cop stopped him and asked about it.

not everybody can chase down their cars once they leave the spot. i know i cant without a car (which i dont have). and as for coming back for flicks the next day, most of the spots i go to are rearanged hours after i leave. still, pictures at night are very risky and usually come out like crap. basically its a judgement call. i try not to unless i think no one anywhere near will see the flash.

flash

yeah i dont take flicks of everything, just a real nice one. it is cool seeing flicks posted somewhere of shit you dont remember doing. that makes you want to hit shit more. i think it boils down to in my situation that the cop just saw my camera in the back seat, and someone called on the car.

we just usually wait till were all done, grab our night shots and fuck off. but wear your gloves. or you could just camp out at the spot and wait for the sun to come up, we usually dont have too much time till the sun comes up so sometimes its worth a wait, or in my case, we can just wait till the station opens up and sit in there and wait for it to roll in. speaking of which i should go do that...

jurisdiction...

i wish i knew if there were genuine, enforcable laws about this..

truthfully, i have no fucking clue about which police can go where and when

but in my experience, 5.0 can pretty much do whatever they want...including lock you up where they don't neccesarily have jurisdiction cuz its rail property...

after all, cops deal with private property all the time and this issue never comes up, and if 5.0 catches writers vandalizing shit, i doubt the rail company is gonna have a problem with the fact that the police felt the need to do somthing.

Guest 87centHitMan

Don't fucking do it is my opinion. If you're trying to stay hidden, you don't let off a huge flash that will give away your location and get you busted. Wait till the next morning if you want to get pictures...Your trains should still be there.

Guest oldfaithful

i have been cchased out of a yard by a police officer.after getting through some woods and making it to the road and we thought we were clear,cause we thought we were running from a bull. cop cars came down the road cause they had been called on us ,and we ran from the cop that showed up at the yard,and he called for back up after we lost him in brush and trees..so cops can and will come to yards if they are called. and like on the street they really dont like it when you run.tresspassing was the charge.

...yes, local police (county, city, even state) have jurisdiction to enforce law in a train yard, especially laws regarding the vandalism of trains, but a bull can't do anything to you outside of the yard except call 5-0...

...i have never taken a flick of any of my trains, people with me have and that's cool, but i just hope to catch em rolling in the day time instead...

it sucks that the fucking flash goves you away so much, i always gotta get the flick before i leave just cus the spot is like 45 minutes away from my crib, andlik what seeking said, its ok if its a one time spot, but this spot gets it on the regular by kids around my area and im sure they take plenty of flicks at night....fuck it takin flicks can be risky sometimes...if your smart then you flick when your done and your ready to get the fuck out, and run out.....

Archived