Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Camelbak backpack

Discussion in 'Style' started by courtorder, Jun 11, 2005.

1. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

Yeah, so I want to get one of these, a few friends have them, and say they're great. Their claim to fame is that they carry(this one) up to 3 liters of water, in a pouch inside the bag; and have a straw that comes off of the strap.Peep

[​IMG]

Official Camelbak website
    See Rei for cheap prices

edit:links

2. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

i saw some one with one only yesterday, because of the water are they quite heavy?

3. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

I've heard that they arent terribly heavy, but i just order this one (below), so i'll post up somewhat of a review when I get it and try it out.

[​IMG]

4. Krakatau

Krakatau Member

It should weight about seven pounds with the water in it. Not bad at all. Does it have any insulation to keep the water cold?

5. Buy this back only if you're into biking/hiking, otherwise..you'll just look like a clown

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

drinking out of a tube is kind of lame.
    unless of course you are doing some kind of extreme sport.

[​IMG]

7. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

camelbacks are definitely nice to have...I've taken the bladder out of mine and put it in my messenger bag before in an attempt to look like less of a clown.

the bladders tend to absorb flavors though...so I have one for water and an old one for beer.

9. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

Heh, I'm not really worried bout looking like a clown. I'll be riding a bike with it a lot of time, but also walking. And key, you gotta get em to sponsor youre 3X7R3M3 hammocking!

SteveAustin: Are the (I guess this is the proper word)bladders easy to clean? Do I acutally need the accesories that were pushed on me?

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

there have been times when I would have liked to have had the accesories...but, nah...not really needed.

I just throw the bladder away after a year or two's use and get a new one. I don't think its as necessary if you're just using water in it.

11. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Get one. Youll like it .

Unless youre a Sissy and cant carry a slightly heavier backpack or u just like being thirsty, then fuck you.

12. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

yeah, i got mine a couple weeks ago and forgot about this thread...i got the the hawg([​IMG]) im in love with the fuckin thing...sometimes space is a little cramped, when the bladder is full but not much of a complaint. to dry out the bladder, i simply turn it inside out...i washed it the first couple times and then decided it wasnt really necessary.

13. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

like a personal keg

14. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

lol

15. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

yeah, sippin on the courage juice during bombing missions..