calling all photoshop kids.

taco bell bomber

i really need to know how do the "ink or paint splashes" effect for a flyer im making.

i have no photoshop experievnce besides what ive taught myself so if anyone could help me it would be super.

you know like if u dropped a coupld drops of ink on a peice of paper and it splatters or whatever...thats the effect im looking for please help a brother out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont know of any plug in filter to do that, and doing it by hand, in photoshop, would be a bitch, you're far better off actually dripping some ink on a white piece of paper, scanning it in, then placing it however you want it. anytime ive needed effects like that, its hwo ive accomplished them.

thats what friends are for homie.

no idea what book your talking about, but there are few things that cant be replicated in photoshop one way or another.

i would splatter the ink, scan it in, jack the contrast way up, so it becomes basically line art, then id 'replace color' to make it the same as the font.

voilla.

punk rock asthetics with techno know how.

Guest imported_sofarok

what seeking said, you could also try playing with a filter like cutout that can give it a nice vectory look, better still put through adobe streamline to turn it in to an illustrator file then open it with ps at a hires, it will give you a really nice clean look...maybe to clean...

i dont understand all this need for a computer.

old hardcore posters that probably have the effect you are going for werent done on a computer so why would you need fotoshoppe to get the desired effect.

get some ink

triple run some serif type you like in a shitty shitty copier.. the shittery and more grainy the mo' bettah.

then when you get your bootlegging to the desired point.

scan it in if absolutely necessary.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

_____

i hadnt noticed what dos said, basically the following is instructions on doing what im guessing he has already done, turnt he splats into brushes

dos, you still on the same AIM name?

_____

going along with other peoples comments;

take pictures of drips, splatters etc.

open in photoshop

image>adjustments>desaturate

your image will become black and white

image>adjustments>brightness/contrast

jack the contrast up, and brightness too, gotta tinker with it. youll know when it looks right.

using the rectangular marquee (selector) tool, select the area of the drip or splatter or whatever it is you want

Edit>Define Brush

name it whatever

now that drip,splatter,whatever is a brush, just like the others you have. you can change the color, size, whatever.

i might actually end up doing this because drips could come in handy in projects.

if you do it first let me know, so you can send me the brush files.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

haha me and dos are basically repeating each other. awesomeness.

dos you remember by sn dont you?

L33H4RV 3Y0SW4LD

get at me on aim holmes, send me some of those brushes, they be dope!