Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Calling all LOTR fans

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by the_gooch, Nov 3, 2003.

1. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

New Line plans to release the 208-minute long Fellowship of the Ring Dec. 5 on 100-150 screens in the top 10 U.S. markets. The 214-minute long The Two Towers will unspool in theaters the week of Dec. 12. A one-time-only, daylong marathon will take place Tuesday, Dec. 16, when all three films will be shown back-to-back beginning at 3 p.m. in 99 theaters across the U.S. According to the studio, one ticket for the marathon will admit moviegoers to all three movies.

The plan, dubbed "Trilogy Tuesday," was devised by the studio as a way of promoting the third and final installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But what started off as a simple marketing strategy has turned into somewhat of a cultural phenomenon.

Advance tickets for "Trilogy Tuesday" went on sale Oct. 9 on exhibitor Web sites and movie ticketing sites, but theaters have been selling out at such a rapid pace, many fans are turning to eBay for tickets. Tickets to the three-movie marathon are selling at the online auction house for as much as $150.

New Line, however, has no plans to expand its "Trilogy Tuesday" beyond 99 theaters despite requests from exhibitors such as AMC Theaters and Regal Entertainment.

"We've been asked to make more theaters available, but the problem is we can never provide enough," New Line's president of distribution David Tuckerman told The Hollywood Reporter Friday. "This was originally done as a marketing initiative to pay back the fans who want to see it all in one swoop. It was never intended to be a moneymaking deal for us

i have no problem admitting that i am a geek and want to see this!
    click the link to sign a petition asking new line to extend showtimes and theaters and possibly dates.

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/trilog...uesdaypetition/

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i thought you were talking like scooby.

lords of the runderound

or fob style

rords of the underglound

3. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

WORD. i wonder if R/C theatres is doing this?

4. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

lord of the rings SUCKS. fuck you gooch. DIE.

5. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

tyler i still have your gold dollar i am going to use it towards buying my replica of narsil.

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I've been waiting for this type of thing.. but not quite there yet... I missed the first one, and missed the second one on IMAX, so, now... I ant the IMAX marathon...

7. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

this from "oh i cant take change...i dont want that golden dollar, its not real money...whine whine whine.....more whining".

8. krie

krie Guest

smeagal is the best

9. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0242653/MX3CT-3307.jpg'>

'nuff said

10. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

sory but that rave shit in reloaded KILLED it for me! LOTR's hasn't dissapointed me yet!

http://lotr.darthscreencapture.com/FOTR/D/08/images/ringwraiths_3.jpg'>

[img]http://lotr.darthscreencapture.com/FOTR/D/08/images/ringwraiths_84.jpg'>

[img]http://lotr.darthscreencapture.com/FOTR/D/09/images/ringwraiths_103.jpg'>

[img]http://lotr.darthscreencapture.com/FOTR/D/09/images/ringwraiths_104.jpg'>

11. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

my friends dad owns a theater, so we get to see the third one early, and he said he might be able to put them all together for just us, so excited is what i am

12. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

hahaha, calling all lotr fans, all ten of you... hahaha.... fucking ad&d nerds.

13. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

get that matrix crap outta here.
    The graphics make that movie.
    A good story is whats carrying
    LOTR. Graphics are just helping
    bring the story to life. I cant wait
    to see them all in one shot.
    I watched part 1 and 2 back-to-back
    during my vacation, and it left me fiending
    for more. Im itchy to see part 3 now.

Legolas and the dwarf are ill characters.

14. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i like the books.

and the silmarilion even though it wasn't complete.

15. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

not to destroy this thread but...

^you sure you aint get that mixed up, the matrix has the most indepth plot in any movie ive ever seen, the graphics are ill no doubt but thats not what pushes the movie, maybe to the younger audiences, but if you truley understood the story behind the matrix youd understand, it goes way deeper than some elves and a ring, upon watchingt the first lotr i walked out of the theater, ive only done this for 2 movies ever, the first was some john travolta movie about saving contaminated water or some shit, how ever i did sit and watch the 2nd one, which was again so boring i returned it to blockbuster like the second after i finished watching it, the matrix is a movie for all viewers, its a love/action/sci-fi/philisophical movie where after watching it leaves you thinking, even if its only thinking for like a minute, as the lotr is just D&D like dhaz said, when matrix came out i didnt like it, i thought it was stupid, great effects but stupid, but thats before i understood it...

...now back to your normally scheduled thread broadcasting