Calling all Londoners?

mablefilms

Can anyone give me some advice or perhaps point me in the right direction? I'm a filmmaker currently writing a feature film i'm looking to shoot next year, about four girls who make up a street tagging crew in London. It follows their lives as they combine the harsh realities of growing up with adrenaline driven nights on the streets. Ultimately it's about friendship and their loyalty to each other, and feeling that they belong somewhere. Also, one of the girls befriends a graffiti artist who opens her up to graffiti as a legal art form. This is something i used to do many years ago in Birmingham and am looking to bring a true interpretation of this genre to the screen. This is where i hoped you might be able to help me. I'm looking to get in touch with taggers, crews and graffiti artists in London, who would consider sharing their experiences with me - where you tag/paint, where you hang out etc. I want the film to reflect what's going on and show how things really are. I'm also looking for artists who would like to include their work in the film and perhaps even create some new stuff specifically.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting from scratch at the mo and short of hanging around London’s streets in the hope of spotting a people, i'm a little stuck.

Thanks, Dawn

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.