By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

  1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

    Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account.

caligraphy caps

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by croe, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. croe

    croe New Jack

    Joined: Mar 23, 2005 Messages: 1 Likes Received: 0
    i don't know if anyone else has tried this but i decided i wanted a caligraphy cap for tags. its really easy to make too.
    i used a german outline but i'm sure you can use any caps to do it.
    using an exacto knife or something quite sharp, cut a slit in the cap where the hole is so that instead of a hole, you have a line. its not perfect but you do get some pretty nice tags out of it with some lines being thick and some really skiny, giving it the caligraphy effect.
    has anyone else tried this or something similar?
  2. useurname

    useurname Member

    Joined: Jul 29, 2004 Messages: 962 Likes Received: 0
    I thought they make those, Im just saying........... but I like homemade stuff better anyways
  3. HAL

    HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

    Joined: Oct 23, 2001 Messages: 5,002 Likes Received: 49
    There's various ones available already. Not saying a home-made one is bad, but I got a couple at a shop in Canada a year or so ago, and they sprayed wide and pretty clean. Interesting caps. Here's a pic of what they look like...

    You can also find calligraphy caps of various spray widths on lots of other products. Some spray varnishes and automotive paints come with them. I recall Rusto used to make 15oz cans called Big Shots that also came stock with calligraphy/fan spray nozzles. Really good paint, to boot. I always used it with rusto fats, though.

    The danvern fan spray caps (the annoying blue ones with the touch button action that won't allow the can to take any other kind of cap) are probably the best if you're looking to do fan tip tags. Light pressure and pretty wide spray. A lot of the paints that come with those kind of caps are very good, too.
  4. Shogun_Assassin

    Shogun_Assassin New Jack

    Joined: Nov 29, 2004 Messages: 71 Likes Received: 0
    the big shots were amazing! I used to go into walmart and just steal the caps off of like 15 of those things, they ruled. I havent been able to find them in a while though. But anyway i will definetly try the homemade because i miss using caligraphy caps.
  5. exxell

    exxell Junior Member

    Joined: Feb 18, 2005 Messages: 179 Likes Received: 0
    My nigga told me to cutthe bottom part of the cap so mre paint could cum out its best with a rusto ( dont cut it all the but jus to make another slit )..............
    its not what u sayin but jus another way to paint faster.
  6. th3_monk

    th3_monk Member

    Joined: Oct 8, 2004 Messages: 776 Likes Received: 0
    yeah the way it sprays also depend on the way the nozzel is turned. Its a pretty cool cap
  7. D6FELON<<

    D6FELON<< New Jack

    Joined: Mar 22, 2005 Messages: 60 Likes Received: 0
    but wich way do yu have to slit the hole?? horizontal or vertically??
  8. stilltippin

    stilltippin Junior Member

    Joined: Dec 31, 2004 Messages: 136 Likes Received: 0
    was jus about 2 ask that question
  9. GnomeToys

    GnomeToys Elite Member

    Joined: Jun 24, 2003 Messages: 2,616 Likes Received: 4

    Are you two that fucking dim that you can't figure that out yourselves? Use your goddamn brains for a second.
  10. iloveyoursister

    iloveyoursister Senior Member

    Joined: Jan 4, 2005 Messages: 1,025 Likes Received: 0
    Haha, "caligraphy" caps are on pretty much all the cheap cans here.

    they are fucking wack.
  11. The Leader

    The Leader Senior Member

    Joined: Jan 23, 2005 Messages: 1,591 Likes Received: 1

    I usually just take off the caligraphy nozzle and put in a stock nozzle.. if it's on one of those cans with the blue odd looking caps. Otherwise caligraphy caps usually go in the garbage, I have about 10 that I have never used, I suppose that's all I need.
  12. bodice_ripper

    bodice_ripper Elite Member

    Joined: May 10, 2000 Messages: 3,195 Likes Received: 25
    I have never managed to find or modify a cap that produced a decent calligraphy effect - and I'd love to have one...
  13. iloveyoursister

    iloveyoursister Senior Member

    Joined: Jan 4, 2005 Messages: 1,025 Likes Received: 0
    Hahaha, seriously, they aren't anything special.
  14. bodice_ripper

    bodice_ripper Elite Member

    Joined: May 10, 2000 Messages: 3,195 Likes Received: 25

    I;ve had some, and they sucked,. all my letters are calligraphy based, I could catch such nice tags with a calligraphy cap that actually worked
  15. IzacFour

    IzacFour New Jack

    Joined: Oct 10, 2004 Messages: 84 Likes Received: 0
    Yeah all paint available round my ways come with caligraphy caps. Except for that fancy stuff available from 'professional' paint stores. Some dudes styles look really nice with them, other people dont know how to use em.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.