Cable Television

Neskoner

Growing up i never really liked TV unless in living color or jerry springer was on..but nowadays i always find my eyes are glued to the fucking screen and i hate it,and i could give a rats ass about some "reality" shows that they show on every channel..How come half of the shows on MTV have nothing to do with music what so ever??I know some people love sitting and staring at a screen all day,I know i might sit at the computer all damn day like a bum,but im either making music or downloading it or just talking through instant messenger to people out of town,but at least that shit keeps me occupied with something important in my life other than celebritys being taped on "punkd" or the "real world" and other bullshit like that..maybe im just drunk and pissed at everything and havent had the tv on for 3 days,but i was wondering how many other people feel the same as me..do you need entertainment everyday or are you better off without the tube..?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I really hate tv.... it's boring and mindless, unless you're watching something educational, in which case, I shouldn't have to channel surf through a bunch of crap before I get to something I want to watch. My dad has TiVo... and the average 30 minute citcom runs from about 15-17 minutes.... that means half of your 30 you're sitting there being brain washed like a zombie... or doing what you do during commercials, I don't know if that involves scratching, finding food, or whatever. I really don't like tv because when I used to smoke, or now if I get drunk, I'll stare at it, and I won't even pay attention to what's happening on the show. It really creeps me out I don't like being disconnected from reality so bad that I can't seem to stop staring at the tv, it's like the same kind of stare you'd do at some nice tna. The kind that could get you slapped.

yeah, that stare where you've been watching the whole time, but still dont know whats going on, then the people around you ask you a question, you snap out of that state, and you dont know what they're talking about, or what's been going on on the tv for the last 20 minutes.

Originally posted by MLTf4nt0m@Mar 25 2005, 09:13 AM

i dont watch tv, i never really have, sunday nights i watch two hours of hbo, but only cause the people i drink and smoke with watch it. carnivale and dead wood.

add adult swim and daily show, mixed in w/various HDTV shows (which are fucking awesome, the colors maaaan) and you got my tv schedule.

i dont watch tv all the time, but what i do hate on tv the most is those tv shows that talk about how rich some asshole is,like i really care how rich they are, it pisses me off.i also hate that damn show "my sweet 16" fucking spoiled rich kids...

Originally posted by GEEB@Mar 25 2005, 02:19 PM

i dont watch tv all the time, but what i do hate on tv the most is those tv shows that talk about how rich some asshole is,like i really care how rich they are, it pisses me off.i also hate that damn show "my sweet 16" fucking spoiled rich kids...

I watch SNL reruns and Howard Stern two days a week and I was flipping channels and caught "my sweet 16", I watched in disbelief. It was hysterical.

for the people who hate cable tv, you guys don't know how good

you have it. i don't have cable tv. never have, and probably never

will (for a while at least). everytime i am near a tv w/ cable, i'm

glued to it for hours. i mean cmon, i can watch gobbles of hours of

history, travel, food, movie, sci fi channels all day fucking long. now,

even though i don't have cable tv, i am still not captivated by MTV.

that shit is whack, and just complete shit. i can't stand watching

frat guys dance w/ their pooka shell necklaces. ugh.

cable tv > 11 channels of complete shit

edit: nation geographic channel. that's a good one too

hughlaurie_house_240.jpg

House, M.D., only on FOX......and tvtorrents.com which is where I watch it from.

I have basic cable now because it actually makes my internet bill cheaper, the only difference between it and network TV is that the reception is better and I get MSNBC and Spike TV, aka the World's Scariest Police Chases network. I use bit torrent to watch television from Adult Swim to The Sopranos to South Park to House.

my computer monitor has a TV input. It's a widescreen LCD.... with rabbit ears hanging off the back!

Plus it does Picture-In-Picture, so I can use the comp AND watch the game! (if it's on a local station)

There's like 12 channels and I can get my weather, my daily show and and the new Simpsons every week.

really? what more to I need?

You want to watch something good? Rent a movie, or a series.

I refuse to watch movies on TV (fuck TBS) that plays 20 minutes of adds per hour.