1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Cable Television

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Neskoner, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Cable Television

Discussion started by Neskoner - Mar 25, 2005

Growing up i never really liked TV unless in living color or jerry springer was on..but nowadays i always find my eyes are glued to the fucking screen and i hate it,and i could give a rats ass about some "reality" shows that they show on every channel..How come half of the shows on MTV have nothing to do with music what so ever??I know some people love sitting and staring at a screen all day,I know i might sit at the computer all damn day like a bum,but im either making music or downloading it or just talking through instant messenger to people out of town,but at least that shit keeps me occupied with something important in my life other than celebritys being taped on "punkd" or the "real world" and other bullshit like that..maybe im just drunk and pissed at everything and havent had the tv on for 3 days,but i was wondering how many other people feel the same as me..do you need entertainment everyday or are you better off without the tube..?

Neskoner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. trackstand

trackstand 12oz Senior Member

trackstand - Replied Mar 25, 2005

Cable TV is complete shit, who the fuck wants to watch other peoples boring lives, in such a boring manner no less? I like pretty much every HBO series show and The Simpsons. That is pretty much it.

trackstand - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Mar 25, 2005

there's nothing i love more than smoking a joint and watching hours of television by myself. take that away from me, and i would be merely a shell of a man.

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. The Leader

The Leader 12oz Senior Member

The Leader - Replied Mar 25, 2005

Anytime that I watch any bit of the 3 channels I get it's when I'm pretty damn drunk. The kind of drunk where when I stand up I lean against walls and shit. Which is pretty drunk for me.

I'm going back to sleep.

The Leader - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. AORAone

AORAone 12oz Veteran Member

AORAone - Replied Mar 25, 2005

i dont watch tv, i never really have, sunday nights i watch two hours of hbo, but only cause the people i drink and smoke with watch it. carnivale and dead wood.

AORAone - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

2 blaazed - Replied Mar 25, 2005

couldnt of said it better myself

2 blaazed - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. Hermdog

Hermdog 12oz Elite Member

Hermdog - Replied Mar 25, 2005

Don't ask me why but I enjoy the Surreal life...whenever its on...

edit...to avoid homo ubertones..

Hermdog - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. AORAone

havent seen it

9. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Mar 25, 2005

The only thing I like on there are the daily show, sometimes the history and discovery channel, seinfeld,and the news sometimes, but alot of times, I'll have it on and be reading or something.

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Dirty_habiT - Replied Mar 25, 2005

I really hate tv.... it's boring and mindless, unless you're watching something educational, in which case, I shouldn't have to channel surf through a bunch of crap before I get to something I want to watch. My dad has TiVo... and the average 30 minute citcom runs from about 15-17 minutes.... that means half of your 30 you're sitting there being brain washed like a zombie... or doing what you do during commercials, I don't know if that involves scratching, finding food, or whatever. I really don't like tv because when I used to smoke, or now if I get drunk, I'll stare at it, and I won't even pay attention to what's happening on the show. It really creeps me out I don't like being disconnected from reality so bad that I can't seem to stop staring at the tv, it's like the same kind of stare you'd do at some nice tna. The kind that could get you slapped.

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. AORAone

yeah, that stare where you've been watching the whole time, but still dont know whats going on, then the people around you ask you a question, you snap out of that state, and you dont know what they're talking about, or what's been going on on the tv for the last 20 minutes.

12. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel 12oz Veteran Member

InnerCityRebel - Replied Mar 25, 2005

I am a sports guy,so when i watch tv it is mostly sports.There are a few shows i like on tv.It is sad that there is some much garbage on tv.We need more channels like Discover(which i like to watch also) and shit like that.At least on Discover you can learn something..

InnerCityRebel - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. krie

krie Guest

krie - Replied Mar 25, 2005

I like to watch cable at friend's house's, only because I dont have it myself, so it's a whole new thing.

14. Fondles

Fondles 12oz Veteran Member

Fondles - Replied Mar 25, 2005

add adult swim and daily show, mixed in w/various HDTV shows (which are fucking awesome, the colors maaaan) and you got my tv schedule.

Fondles - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Mar 25, 2005

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: