buying off ebay

Guest BROWNer

Guest BROWNer

i'm looking to possibly buy a powerbook off that shit..

so i know there is a rating system and all that..

i've heard all good things, but only from a few people..

anybody have any good/bad things to say about it?

i want to do it, but it makes me nervous..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I buy and sell small items off there and never had any problems a deadbeat buyer but thats about it.

I would never buy something major like a computer or anything.

I would go to a brick and mortar store that I can go and break into and smear 'dog feces' all over if anything happens to my computer.

There's scams where people would sell worthless crap for dirt cheap to increase the user rating then start slanging high end stuff like flat screens, laptops, cars, etc. then collect the money and split.

i've been using ebay forever with no problems at all. my buddy bought his car off of ebay and the thing still runs like a dream. just email and talk to the people alot before you bid, and definitely shop around on the site, you're pretty likely to get a good deal.

For the most part, eBay is pretty safe. I would recommend that you come up with a couple obscure questions to ask that someone selling a powerbook should be able to answer without a problem (something they would have to check from the item). Check their feedback, do NOT fuck with them at all unless they have a pretty large body of posivtive, and then check the people from their feedback lists to make sure everything is legitimate. You can even get a hold of those folks and ask questions about their dealings with the seller. I would recommend using paypal as well, they have a system to reimburse you if the seller pulls some foul shit. If you live in a large city, there might be someone local that has listings on eBay, and you could probably hook up with them to check out what you are interested in....

Mainly, just keep your head about you.

Originally posted by Gliko

A friend of mine bought a car CD player off there, worked great for the first few days then the laser broke and the whole thing stopped working. No refund and major amounts of anger.

What company did he get it from on eBay?

Originally posted by Don't Panic

For the most part, eBay is pretty safe. I would recommend that you come up with a couple obscure questions to ask that someone selling a powerbook should be able to answer without a problem (something they would have to check from the item). Check their feedback, do NOT fuck with them at all unless they have a pretty large body of posivtive, and then check the people from their feedback lists to make sure everything is legitimate. You can even get a hold of those folks and ask questions about their dealings with the seller. I would recommend using paypal as well, they have a system to reimburse you if the seller pulls some foul shit. If you live in a large city, there might be someone local that has listings on eBay, and you could probably hook up with them to check out what you are interested in....

Mainly, just keep your head about you.

Some advice to take onto that, if it applies for the N.E.W. warranty shit eBay offers, get it. If they're a big company, and use PayPal it's quite possible PayPal has selected them for their 30 day money back guarantee program. Pay the extra couple bucks for that too. This'll save you from people on eBay who offer no warranty/very short warranties.

Trust :)

• 3 weeks later...

My sis lives in that city.

Too bad I cant burn 12000 cans anytime soon.

Fuck I wanna buy a pair of these Kicker 10 inch Solobaric Woofers 4ohm DVC L7's

http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_11a141575a84021215f372dbf646f9c5/i-2.JPG'>

He's from California too. I would ONLY buy them if I can pay and pick up in person and connect them there to verify shit isn't busted.

At Best Buy and Fry's they're 300 a piece!

That plus a 500-600$ amp and custom box brings shit to 1000$ plus retail.

I need my hook ups back.

Guest KING BLING

if you must, atleast go pick it up. But honestly a used computer is shit. Pay the extra money, than pay even more for a waranty and sit back on a computer you know is golden. I bought my Inspiron at top dollar and its a charm, I have had and have no worries at all for a long ass time. Everytime I sit at a friends computer they suck, and they always took the cheaper route. Its like a car, if you work down the road buy a cheap one, when it breaks down buy another. If you're going on a road trip, you buy a good car and cover your ass for the needed period of survival.

E-bay is good for stolen gear, not good for thousand dollar purchases....

Ok ok before you buy i know a lot of people who have gotten ripped off on buying things from ebay. All of them were laptops. First of all, only buy from someone who has a good number of ratings, NEVER from someone with a new account!. Then make sure you use a reliable service, there are some that are avalible so they can pick up your money from any country with an I.D. So you need to do an escro service. If they deny the escro service SOMTHING IS FISHY. Make sure you research and buy from someone that is trustworthy. Get a gurantee insurance too if you can!

Cause i know people who have done that and their money was picked up in Budapest and they lost 1000 bucks. ITs excpecially common for people to scam laptos. So be smart!

Archived