Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Buying new amp for guitar.....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by NoEZ, Jan 9, 2003.

1. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

so im gonna buy a new amp and a new guitar.......

for the amp i was thinking of a marshal or a peavy.....anybody got any suggestions.......

2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

really depends what you're gonna use it for and what you want it to sound like...

3. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

well...im trying to get a band togeher...but this amp is jsut fr practice at home.....but i want a decent one so that i can tell if certain cords sound nice...cause sometimes whe you play it unplugged cords sound fine but when its amplified the sound isnt as good....so i want a amp good enough so i can create cord without them getting amplified horibly....a decent amp in other words...nothing chap and crappy....but not all expensive and professional

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Trei cruci pe marginea soselei cu gesturi largi de miini bolnave
    Opresc din drum pe calatori si parca-s trei spinzuratori
    De care atirna trei crisosi...

5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

6. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

ive never tried that brand.....ill check it out

7. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

well, you still didn't really answer my question, I was asking about tone... what sort of sound do you want? Who do you want to sound like...

what kind of music do you play? What kind of guitar?

and aviod Crate, I've never met a decent one except their most recent high ticket stuff... used to be the same way with Peavey but they have really gotten shit together in the last 5 years or so...

8. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

my frind got a really nice peavy....but i think tht only because it wasupgraded ....and it has a phaser....well..im into playig alot of music....im into alot of melodic and musical styles...alst intoalot of metal..death metal........i like blues sounds too..i dont kow...im a all around type of guy......

9. NoEZ

NoEZ New Jack

excuse my typing..i type fast and my keyboard is messe up somehow

10. type R

type R Senior Member

ampeg.

i had an ampeg halfstack that served me well for what ever type of music i was trying to play through it.

11. bug

bug Guest

sounds like you need a marshall. they can give you warm tones for blues, good clean tone for strumming chords, and heavy distortion for death metal. make sure its tubed, and not that sloid state crap. the person at the music storer can explain the difference to you. umm, that is if you want to play loud with a band, go with the marshall....at least 50watts. if you just want a small practice amp, the newer peavy's are pretty good at getting the sounds you need. mesa/boogie makes good small amps you could use for practice, but their stuff is so tech, it costs just as much as a half-stack. but their small amps do have the widest range of various tones you would need. crate does suck bad, well the bass amps are actually badass, but the guitar tone is terrible. use crate only for bass. as you get more into guitar playing, you'll want different amps for different sounds. vox or fender for clean, marshall or mesa for distortion. ampeg is overrated.

12. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

id go fender , or marshall for the metal blues there bro

13. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

Hahaha Smart I don't know shit about guitars. I just get paid dollars to say Crate at times which would be opportune for maximum advertisement potential.