buying books, feeling embarrassed.

THUMB WRESTL

throughout my life i've learned that older people normally know whats best, or atleast what to expect from certain things or situations, that being said, i like hearing knowledge or wisdom they offer to me, as well as reading what others have to say in books. now, i don't take everything someone or some book says to heart, but it never hurts to listen and then break it down with your own thought process, and to possibly use it in your life for the better, however, yesterday i thought this was pretty funny..

so i was in barnes and nobles, checking out some books, and i wound up getting:

"life 101" ..the things you wished you learned in school but didnt"

"How to start aconversation and make friends"

and finally "how to succeed with women"

as well as a dictionary for 4 bucks.

so i find myself in the line waiting to check out, and i'm thinking to myself these chicks behind the register are going to think i'm a complete moron that has no idea on how 'life works, doesnt have any friends, and couldn't pull a chick to save his life..."

then i thought to myself, how on point are these books really, and when we read things, like take for example, girls and magazines, when they read those glamour mags, or hosue wife mags, or how you should keep your house looking ect, do they really believe in all that bullshit? as well as me, i thought, am i really going to use this shit, or benefit from it?

the "how to succeed with women" book is hilarious so far, it's like written by what seems to be two male pimps, they aren't ofcourse, but it sounds just like something two guys who got good at getting girls would sit down and write. in one passage it goes:

"just try our book, you don't have to agree with everything, not everything works on every women, however, give it a shot, i mean, if your game was tight, you wouldn't be reading this book right now, now would you?"

or something to that affect, making me feel even more like a loser. haha!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived