Buying a camera. FOR PHOTOGRAPHY!

NoEZ

For a long time I've thought about buyinga nice camera and getting into photography, but I never had the money to buy such a good camera. Since I have a job now I can buy one. So for you photography fellas I ask you what recommendations do you have for brands, models, and what to look for in a camera (ex. lens, size, or whatever a camera consists of.) Any tips and advice or recomendations would be great. Thanks in advance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I bought a canon rebel 2000 with sigma 28-80mm & 70-300mm lenses at ritz, it would of cost me a little around $500+ but they didnt have the lenses there the first time, this dumb braud working there said they'll be in the next day, but they still were'nt and the next day and the next, until i talked to the manager, he got my lenses and i got $200 knocked off for the inconvenience + $50 more for some unknown reason. but ummm ya its a cool camera. but i have a little bit of previous experience with SLR cameras, i would start out with a cheaper one if you're just beginning. my first SLR was a vivitar 4000s, around $200, its all manual and pretty easy to start learning with....and holy shit!! as i'm typing they're talking about photography on seinfeld....wierd.

an SLR will give you more ability to manually mess around with focus and light, professional photography is almost always done with an SLR, or a Digital with SLR features. SLR cameras are harder to operate than normal automatic cameras. but when you work it out your photos will look so muchh better... look around for a second hand one or something.

i dont know all that much , but one piece of advice is that if you buy a second hand camera, make sure that it is by a reputable company that still exists, Canon, Pentax etc, so that you can buy components that you can be sure are compatible.

aside from an automatic camera, i used just a really basic old SLR when i did a photography course, that is all that i needed.

Archived