Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Buy the november issue of Trains Magazine!

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Ski Mask, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

if your really into freights you should be checking it out anyways, but especially this month. there are two really good articles in this issue.
    One on the TTX company, which really helps explain the operations of Autoracks and Railboxes, the unique pool system they operate in. I've gone into it on here before, but this article gives you better details...and a full explanation of how it came about.

The other good article is on the return of transcontinental perishable trains (think reefers). breaking down how a shipment is sent from coast to coast...including lots of great shots of the car they follow, which has a Lisa piece by Mone on it. again...this will help you a great deal with understanding freight movements...especially reefers.

just trust me on this one....

2. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i think i may just get this one. ese> do you have the latest issue of cp news?

3. taper

taper Elite Member

yea i'll have to pick that up at the local corner store. ese what do you think of the new board?:lol: i think its pretty neat. i could get used to this!

4. damn vandle

damn vandle Member

CHECK OUT THE OCTOBER ISSUE OF TRAINS. THE LAST PAGE HAS A LARGE PICTURE OF A FAVES STREAK. REALLY FUCK'N DOPE.:eek:

5. Average White Railfan

Average White Railfan Senior Member

just got that nov issue of trains...its pretty sick that article on reefers..but those assholes never sent me a copy of the oct. issue.
    there hatin on me

6. FR8 LIFE

FR8 LIFE Member

I just got the Oct. issue of trains the faves streak is cool but the pictures of the csx coal trains are amazing oh and that iron triangle in Ohio where 160 fr8s a day go through holly shit. :p

7. Goldenwestservice

Goldenwestservice New Jack

i got that issue..It is really good..amazing how they document that UPFE Train with the Lisa piece. Really good issue.

8. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

from the december issue's RPO (Readers Letters):
    "It's not art

The Photo Finish "Mysterious Destinations" in October [page 106] caught me at exactly the wrong time. I and other volunteers are about to finish up a 40-hour project to remove graffiti from two passenger cars owned by the Pacific Northwest Chapter of NRHS. In no way do I, nor should you, consider these vandals artists. For you to call the person who defaced this boxcar a "graffiti artist" is outrageous.

Arlen L. Sheldrake
    Portland Ore.

"

some railfans just hate us. But at the same time I'm not down with hitting museum pieces...thats like throwing etchbath on the window of a little mom and pop store.

the december issue was good (every issue is) but I'm especially looking forward to january, cause they are going to have a big article on the West Side Line, in manhattan.

9. Powers55

Powers55 Junior Member

FOTOKING FAVES FS (N) PLAY WITH IT.

10. EL MASKO

EL MASKO Elite Member

I'd like to be one of those 2 teens that load up the carrots. All night access to the layup. Well maybe not, I could just go there anyways w/out working there...But I do need a job. Ehhh, I'll work. Only other place w/trains that I can work at besides the yard. And lord know I can't work there. But I'd like to.

11. SomeNothing

SomeNothing Guest

workin by the tracks is funnnn...getting payed to bench is perhaps one of lifes most joyous occasions....

12. dirtysicks

dirtysicks Senior Member

Trains magazine? Where can I copp this magazine? Do they have a web site?

13. FR8 LIFE

FR8 LIFE Member

they sell them at hobby shops and some book stores have them

14. dirtysicks

dirtysicks Senior Member

Good lookin out! Appreciate it.

15. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

i just got that issue actually (still on the newstand, didnt look at the date and bought it) but DAMN this is the best issue ever...features the line that i live on and even has a map foldout of it!

along with that lisa piece (fucking closeup!), i saw met and take5 getting play (though its a bit hard to see)....what an issue.