Buy Nothing Day

Cracked Ass

I believe today is Buy Nothing Day. All you anti-consumerism folks, keep your wallets closed.

I'm a hypocrite, I like the idea of people cutting back on mindless purchases, but my flicks are in today and I'm paying to see em.

Don't listen to that shit about spending being patriotic. I never heard such jingoist nonsense in my life. The economy was in trouble before 9/11, and it still is. People need to stop trying to prop up the markets with shortsighted and artificial behavior and let the chips fall where they may. Yes, there will be a recession. Some things will be tough. But we'll bounce back from it like we bounced back from every other one. The longer we put off the crash, the worse it will be. Let's get it over with.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

let the disaster ground you into reality...let your friends and family be the center of the holidays not the newest denim at the freakin GAP...i hope the nation redirects the materialism that has become the US to help others...via food and shelter not trips to the freakin mall...

the nation was wonderful before the attack and businesses were booming and spending was at an all time high and shit was great...really? was it?...or was it greed fueled by the purchasing of unnesscessary filler...filler to stuff in the empty soul of america....

so people will be laid off and businesses will go under as we regroup and eliminate the frivilous bullshit or as we no longer feel the need to by those AIR JORDAN sneaks...why because no we can feel good about ourselves by simply being and appreciating what we have...faded blue jeans and friends and family...thank you bin laden for knockin this nation off its capitalistic, free enterprising horse, if only for a week

Guest i create destruction

i observed buy nothing day last year. but i am not normally the type to do nothing, so this year i decided to start my own holiday. i call it steal something day. i will make it a point today to go to wal-mart or some other evil corporate retailer and steal something.

happy steal something day.

i havent been to the bank in 6 months and today i went, and guess what? they gave me a hassle and i was there for 30 mins that i shouldnt have been. fuck banking institutions. i hate them so much.

oh and i havent bought anything corporate or a "want" in about 4 months and to day i bought burger king, its been buy nothing season for me so i dont feel bad.

Guest goodbye

listen up

everyday should be buy nothing day

everyday should be steal something day

the plain truth that most americans are ignorant to is the fact that 9/11 was a direct result of global capitalism, and the only way to stop terrorism is the overthrow of global capitalism. we can no longer afford to be ignorant to the policies of our government. these policies affect our lives (and got a few thousand of us killed on 9/11)

patriotism is not buying shit you dont need from corporate america.

patriotism is stealing the fuck out of corporate america- taking the power back to the people- redistrubiting the wealth. wealth creates poverty, fueling corporate america's economy is just contributing to the problem.

terrorists bombed the WTC and the pentagon because they are symbols of capitalism, dont encourage capitalism (and terrorism) by being a consumer.

red white and brainwashed

burn this rascist system down

Archived