ButtHurt on erection day.

Poop Man Bob

GOOD LORD. My stomach is already going crazy - looks like I'll be living up to my e-name all day long.

-----------------------

Where is everyone going to get their election information? I'm likely going to rely on:

-----------------------

The Daily Show is on tonight live at 10 pm ET, 7 pm PT.

-----------------------

Help calm me down.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know how to get it but the ap has election day coverage, it looks like a subscription service. you have to get in touch with someone, so i assume it's too late, i think i'm going to email just in case.

www.npr.org http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/index.shtml

i don't know what they're doing for election day on bbc, but it might be worth checking out.

i can't wait for this thing to be over.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Nov 2 2004, 09:44 AM

I just got back, chalk one up for Kerry.

The wait was only an hour. The air felt...."Kerry-esque".

When do results typically start getting announced?

Given what happened in 2000 (calling FL for Gore, then Bush, then too close to call), I expect the networks will wait until the polls are close to call it in any of the swing states. Most of the swing states are on the east coast (or thereabouts) .. soo ... who fucking knows. Tonight - I'll leave it at that.

Guest BROWNer

did you hear about cheney's visit in hawaii?

apparentlly they've had great weather, then he showed up

and they had an onslaught of shit soon after he landed.

i'd like to see footage of him near animals..just curious...

anyhow..i expect a big fucking fiasco.

...just got back from voting...only took about half an hour...same day registration is awesome!...

...i heard the network people talking on npr this morning saying that they were going to be absolutely sure before they called a state one way or another...they're more concerned about being accurate than delivering the first results...they will also continue to emphasize that all they are presenting is a prediction...

...i'm off to work...i'll be rockin my 'i voted' sticker all day, and harrassing anyone that doesn't have one...

I am pretty nervous about this already. I need to go hand in my absentee ballot because I never sent it in. I am glad I do not need to wait in line.. I saw a pertty long line today...and Cali's ballot is loaded with propositions. very long ballot=long =looong waits. at least there is the start of the NBA tonight to give a break from non-stop election coverage.

go kerry, go pistons, go nuggets.

Good early news? From kos:

Jerome gets the big scoop on the 2 p.m. VNS numbers:

_______AZ CO LA PA OH FL MI NM MN WI IA NH

Kerry 45 48 42 60 52 51 51 50 58 52 49 57

Bush 55 51 57 40 48 48 47 48 40 43 49 41

In 2000, the early numbers favored Bush. In 2002, exit polling was terribly innacurate. Exit polling also doesn't account for absentee and early ballots. And it's still early in the day. PA and MN will be much closer than these number indicate.

So please, please take with a giant grain of sand.

After a 4 hour wait in line to get inside and vote...

Chr0nicAttrition: right before we got inside this bitch with "Viva Bush" stickers and pins walked over and gave us all waters

Chr0nicAttrition: she hands me one

Chr0nicAttrition: "I'm still voting for Kerry."

FineBottledWater: HAHAHAHHA

Chr0nicAttrition: it was amazing, it made it worth waiting in line

i spent my monday playing "french" (that means eating awesome food and drinking wine all day) so needless to say i couldnt make it out of bed to vote....ill be hitting the poles around 5:30....hopefullly everyone will get their election yayas out before i show up.

this is going to be a long evening....hopefully ill be popping this bottle of champagne for all the right reasons tonight

I've been nervous all damn day.

Out here in redneck country, the mindset is " If Kerry wins, we're all going to die"

Im not exaggerating, that is what's coming out of people's mouths.

This is coming from mostly first time voters.

It seems they really dont care about their reasons for voting. All they care about is that this year, voting is cool, and down south, so is Bush....

But im trying to stay optimistic.

Originally posted by boogie hands@Nov 2 2004, 04:06 PM

....hopefully ill be popping this bottle of champagne for all the right reasons tonight

I prefer to pop the champage corks for all the wrong resons.

Take this saturday.... I downed 3 bottles at a halloween party.

Pure Decadence!