Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Busted for graf - search house

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Newmanpwns, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Newmanpwns

Newmanpwns New Jack

Has anybody gotten their house or car searched when they were arrested for graffiti? It seems like this would be unconstitutional...but I'm not sure.

2. Edika

Edika Member

when they have the right from a judge or court, yes they can.

3. tré

tré New Jack

depends on your age, area, and how much graff you actually did.

4. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

Ive heard that in Germany when you get arrested for graff, while youre being held, they search your house. Thats what this one cat from Berlin told me. And you dont have to have priors for this to happen, they search your house on the first offense. And by the way, ive had my house searched, it was all legal and shit. They had a warrant and everything. But, like tre said it usually depends on how much damage youve done and how old you are.

5. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

In Britian it is standard practis for your home to be searched when you get caught writing. That is one reason so many people don't have balckbooks anymore as it is just evidence against you.

6. Steve-O

Steve-O New Jack

Ya. had my house searched last week or so. but luckely one of my boys got his searched first and he called me and told me to get ride of all my markers, skecht books. paint and i did. so they did find any thing except a book that i use to write in befor i got arrested the 3 time. so it didnt matter.

7. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

Man, if cops ever searched my house, id run outside and slap stickers on thier police cars! hey i wonder if anyone has ever tried slapping stickers on police cars? anyone?, maby ill try and post a flick in the
    sticker thread.

8. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

9. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

I seriosly will go for it, but ill take all kinds of precautions. all kinds...

10. some pittsburgh flavor

some pittsburgh flavor Elite Member

a friend of mine recently got caught. seen at one spot, caught in the middle of another. anyhow they're trying to pin 10 spots on him, but with no witnesses to the others, is this possible? i always thought "no eyes, no prize" right? can a search of the house provide conclusive evidence as to Person X being JoeGraffiti and thusly blamed for everything, ever?

11. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

oh shit 10 whole spots?!

If they caught him in the middle of the act, writing the same shit as the other 10 spots.

They can make it stick, trust me.

12. ghostvandal

ghostvandal Senior Member

my biggest fear is getting my house searched. It has happened several times to other writers in my city. Thats why i try not to keep anything incriminating in here. what about bank account? they can get into them when its for mafia or terrorism but anybody ever heard of a case with graffiti?

13. shesmyheroin

shesmyheroin Member

if he was caught in the middle of the act, then it's going to be tuff. it's pretty good proof that he is "john doe" if he was caught red handed. never admit to anything. get a lawyer. end of story.

14. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Some friends did this, slapped stickers on the cop's car while he had some dude pulled over. They got chased through town by two different cars soon after that, but managed to escape somehow.

15. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

i have caught a slap tag on a cop car while in other cities.This was a few years back though.I ended up putting 4 slap tags on one car that night..