Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

bust it or dust it?

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by remk, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remk

remk New Jack

2. remk

remk New Jack

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

4. xwibxonex

xwibxonex New Jack

there should be an automated *practice* button everytime a new kid posts his peices.

5. JayFo

JayFo Member

go simpler with the straight letters... and work on ya handstyle more by just scirbblin stuff over and over and bein creative.

6. Scrabble

Scrabble Member

perhaps you should explore other fields in vandalism

window breaking and crop circles are hot this summer. Keep your options open.

relax im just playing with you.

7. JayFo

JayFo Member

8. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

:nope: Thats is not good!
    Only thing good is the NK at the end of your handstyle!

9. Grimace

Grimace New Jack

that k on tha piece is busted

10. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

Thats the funniest thing iv'e heard al day.

11. remk

remk New Jack

I agree.. the k in the sketch does look "busted". I'm working on that.
    Can anyone be a little more constructive with their criticism? I didn't post this shit up here to get mindlessly dissed... I want the suggestions and opinions of other writers so that I can learn.
    Is the tag too cliche? Are the letters noncomplimentary? Do they not flow right? Is it too simple.. etc.

12. JayFo

JayFo Member

with the hand, i cant hlep you... jst look at mad hands and see hwo they are and what makes one good or bad. Then try ya own, be creative, think of lots of different stuff until somethin flicks, off one letter you like, base your other letters so it flows nice and the letters have the flow to em.

for the piece thing, go simpleier and without all the weird jaggy shit and the way you connect letters and extra stuff, go to seperate, simple letters and then after you get that down of how they are put them in ya own style, maybe the one you showed... and get them to flow nicely and look good. Then put some 3D or shadow on and practice more until you get better

yea, i aint the best out there really (look at my post to see some stuff ive done), but I tried givin ya better criticism... take it or leave it, jsut my 2 cents, peace.

13. UnknownTale

UnknownTale New Jack

damn and i thought my first shit was bad LOL keep writting kid youve got potential :king:
    oh how do i post pics?:confused: :confused:

14. shor

shor Member

man i dunno.. i would like to just say stop because i think too many people are trying to get into graffiti without having the criminal mind..

im not pointing fingers, but people without criminal minds dont need to be into graffiti.. graffiti in my eyes is an illegal art form.. you have the letter structure that shows the base of someones imagination, then you have the fills that are either ana dded bonus or tells a lot about someones imagination..

and when you see these letters that have weird ass shit on them...

take the R for example on your..outline.. the left part of the R has that random bar sticking out and kinking... now, where it first comes off the basic part of the R its not the same width as when it bends, but it doesnt bend.. it just has a sudden change in direction, and then the other side of the same bar has that rigged kink, like someone took a triangle stencil and drew around it.. it looks like shit when people do that..

this isnt supposed to be mindlessly dissing or whatever, i mean i use to do the same shit.. just do bar letters, and at the same time talk to some writers who are nice enough to let you in on the graffiti writers frame of mind as far as going out and getting up goes.. unless you just want to doodle in your book forever.. there is a lot to learn, buddy, i recomend starting over and while working on your letters talk to someone who knows whats goin down outside of your pencil and black book.. thats basically what i did... and if you dont want slop shit, go get some paint and practice on shitty plywood.. and try as much as you can to cut clean lines.. in my opinion plywood is the shittiest surface ever, or old fence surface... but if you get good control on those surfaces, you should do better on metal and walls... just dont go out and get up on trains unless you know whats goin on, the last thing we need is a heated out spot due to someone who thinks graffiti is cool.

hope that wasnt too long or harsh or lame.. ;o) goodluck buddy:crazy: :p :p

15. oreo

oreo New Jack

va one-line.... what do u think???
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.