businessman vs homeless man

Mr. Mang

i went to philly to take pictures today. by the time i got off the speed line it was pretty much too dark to take pictures (especially with no tripod or flash on hand).

after walking around for a while i came upon an old friend of mine. it was a 30 or 40 year old black homeless guy with a fake leg. i saw him a few weeks ago close to city hall on one of the less popular streets. i was out taking pictures and came up to him. he told me he was hungry and seeing his leg i got him some food. after waiting in line for 15 minutes and paying 5 bucks of my money, he didn't want me to take any photos of him. shit.

so i see him on market street on the way home. knowing better, i offer him some money for food in exchange for taking photos of him. he agreed and i began to set up my camera's light meter.

as i was doing so a 30something black man all dressed up in a nice suit walked by. the homeless man asked him if he could spare some money and this guy went off. he said something to the effect of :

"you know what? fuck you! get off your ass and get a job! you're giving black people a bad name! look at you asking a white man for his money after he built this country on the backs of our ancestors!"

i yelled back at him saying something like "HE'S GOT A FAKE LEG! JESUS CHRIST!" but it didn't seem to stop the man from talking shit as he began to walk away.

the homeless man wanted me to hurry up with the pictures. he was worried the guy would come back and beat him up. the man said it happened to him before when he was sitting out in the cold. some guy just came up to him and punched him in the head for no apparent reason.

the guy that talked shit seemed to be more of a disgrace than the homeless man ... talking about his ancestors and being a tool when he's dressed up having some big wealthy office job getting proably exploited like most business people do (black or white). he sees himself as some testament to progress when not really looking at the whole picture. i'm not saying homeless is the way to go, but GOD FORBID a white kid would give a black man (with a missing leg) some money for food.

looking back i wish i would have said more to the man who passed by. you always realize shit to say after the fact. i got some good photos and will post them later.

moral of the story: at least try to stand up against stupid people. yes.

sorry to waste your time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i agree with what your sayin 100%..but let it be known that ive been yelled at by more homeless people in the past few monthes than men in suites...i dont know why..but i honestly never have any money with me and they ask and i tell em that and they yell at me...this isnt al teh time, most of the time they say thank you or god bless you..but some do yell...i guess i cant blame em for gettin mad though, i probably look like im just lying and being greedy....i dunno.

Guest willy.wonka

buisness man/ briefcase that can be used as a deadly blunt object..

homeless man/ one overbite and one tooth...used to suck blood from the bloodsuckin buisness man.......

rejected!

i offered this homeless guy diggin through the trash a voucher for a free bigmac he looked at it for like 30 seconds then told me to "FUCK OFF!" then through the coupon in the trash...bloody bastard :(

Guest blood as ink

some people just suck...i don't get most people.

as far as homeless people go i don't miind them...sometimes the aggressive ones are kinda screwy but normally i i don't mind them...shit a few times i've been saved by homeless people while running from the cops..."hey kid! come hide over here...they won't look here"...that kind of stuff.one of my dad's old friend's was a homeless guy in the city.they'd run into each other and walk around for hours just talking. today i was in berkeley up on university and there was this guy sitting there with a sign and the sign said "nobody's perfect,everyone goes through there own hard times" ...for some reason that made really sad but kind of made me smile too.he was right.it was so true and people don't realize that at all.

ok i'm rambling...sorry.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

if it makes you feel any better... a friend of mine once saw a business man getting it in the ass from a homeless man right under this bridge in broad daylight in boston. hope that helped.

Guest --zeSto--

there's a homeless guy who stays in the gallery district of my city.

He's got a stack of papers and he's done tons of little doodles on them.

So is angle is... "Want to buy some original artwork?"

Most people say no, but are a little confused by this "artist".

So he comes back with "You can look at them if you want."

So by now you feel obliged to give him some loot.

I've seen people give him 5$ for 1 piece of paper that took him 30 sec to make.

But atleast his angle is original and suited to the area that he work in.

It's better then asking vetrans at the war memorials,

or buggering businessmen on their lunch break.

Re: rejected!

Originally posted by cheifblame

i offered this homeless guy diggin through the trash a voucher for a free bigmac he looked at it for like 30 seconds then told me to "FUCK OFF!" then through the coupon in the trash...bloody bastard :(

the same happened to me....i racked some food for this one homeless guy down my block and he said he didnt want it.....

one time i was on vacation in washington D.C. i had just returned from krispy kreme doughnuts, and they gave me a free dozen of glazed cause i bought a t shirt. Anyways, i didnt feel like eating them so we are on the mall where all the tuorists are. This homeless dude with a shopping cart full of durty rags, yes, he seriously had a bunch of dirty rags in his cart, he goes walking by real fast, i grab the doughnuts out of the trunk and chase after him and give them to him, he mumbles something, takes em and keeps walking real fast. All these people in buisness suits were looking at me like I was crazy. In my town i know a couple homeless people, we used to get in trouble for talking to them when they walked through the playground.

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

its got to suck being homless...always looked down upon...having to dig through trash to get somthing to eat and never having a warm meal ....fuck i guess we should all be thankfull for what we have

Actually being homless can be quite the lucrative enterprise...

this was really dope..... the whole story, then the flicks. i liked all of them.

it reminded me of today. my exboyfriend is down here in vegas visiting... and he was driving me to school. note that one of the reasons we broke up was because of how we fought constantly over stupid shit, and i really thought he was a heartless bastard at times (due to some harsh words/verbal abuse he's had a problem with.) so okay. he's driving me to school, and we pass under a bridge where a black homeless man held up some sign about being hungry and wanting food. normally, homeless people get like a buck from people generous enough to contribute to his next meal.... but my exboy gave him 20. after shuffling through his wad of bills, he passed through his ones... his fives... his tens... and gave him a 20. this is the kinda shit that makes me like him. i guess its safe to say he's somewhat "baller" or "balling" or whathefuckever, but at the same time he has much respect for those who arent (like the homeless man) unlike the business man trying to be high classed talking "shit"....... its hard to explain, but it's crazy........ good crazy.... oh well,

in conclusion, i like this thread alot mr. mang. more pics?

Archived