1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BUSH TO ENDORSE ANTI-MARRIAGE AMENDMENT

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DITDxCULT, Feb 11, 2004.

1. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT 12oz Senior Member

Discussion started by DITDxCULT - Feb 11, 2004

According to The Washington Post, the President, as a way to "jumpstart his campaign," is about to endorse a Constitutional amendment, sponsored by Representative Marylin Musgrave (R-CO) that would ban marriage rights for same-sex couples and could forever invalidate civil unions or other legal protections for same-sex couples and their children. He is bending to pressure from anti-gay extremists who oppose every effort to secure equality for GLBT Americans.

The Constitution typically is amended to ensure that people are treated equally and given the same rights. This amendment would prohibit certain Americans from following their own beliefs and living the way they choose. One group's set of beliefs prohibiting others from pursuing happiness is the opposite of basic American ideals.

He - and all of our leaders - need to hear from all of us who support GLBT civil rights and marriage equality, and who oppose amending our nation's most sacred document - the U.S. Constitution. We must be as relentless as the anti-gay forces.

So, starting today, we need your help in deluging Congress and the White House with calls, faxes, and e-mails. Here's how:

1. Fax your members of Congress. Tell them to oppose the Musgrave anti-marriage amendment and any attempt to amend the Constitution to discriminate against GLBT Americans. click here

2. Call the White House at 202-456-1111. Tell the President that using GLBT Americans and the U.S. Constitution for political gain is shameful. Visit this URL to let us know you called: click here

3. Please pass this on to everyone you know -- friends, family, colleagues. We trying to get 50,000 calls to the President during the next 48 hours. Visit this URL: click here

DITDxCULT - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Feb 11, 2004

[​IMG]

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  3. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Feb 11, 2004

You're going to want to change that link, it's got all your personal information plugged in there.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. BOZACK

BOZACK 12oz Member

BOZACK - Replied Feb 11, 2004

i really can't imagine why george could possibly be so bothered by it. i just don't get it.

haha maybe he was gang raped in his little stint "in the military."
    :lol:

that would explain alot.

BOZACK - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

WebsterUno - Replied Feb 11, 2004

he must have gotten the same soap
    treatment Pvt. Pyle did in Full Metal Jacket.

If he didnt, he should...by a bunch of gay men...Fuckin homophobe.

6. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Feb 11, 2004

It's pure political bullshit though, realize that only 14 states have to block this for the amendment to not pass.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Feb 11, 2004

thats the reason this sucks ... if it passes they cant "do their thing"
    help a bit so they can. then you wont have to worry, when a guy hits on you, you can say i helped you get your right to marrige but i aint with it man, thanks for the pat on the butt.

edited: cuz i cant spell ...

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. The Former

The Former 12oz Senior Member

The Former - Replied Feb 11, 2004

Shit's fucked up!

The Former - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Feb 11, 2004

can't say this bothers me

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. Æ°

Æ° 12oz Senior Member

Æ° - Replied Feb 11, 2004

Yeah, I don't really care. It may be a difficult situation for a middle school kid to deal with, if you have gay parents. But it doesn't mean you have to be gay.

Æ° - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Feb 11, 2004

tease,
    you are about this >---< close from being banned just for being fucking ignorant.
    say one more thing tonight that annoys me, and 'please believe' you're condemned again.

the world is dumb enough wthout your stupid ass adding to it.

infact, blatently ignorant homophobic remarks are about to join jay-z vs nas beef, and...ummm, i forgot the other thing, in the column of 'instant banning' issues.

i might not be able to stop the president, but i can sure as shit stop retards on the board.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Feb 11, 2004

thank you seeking !!

think like you care. well most cant do that ... but i still hold mild hopes.

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Feb 11, 2004

Actually Tease deserves respect for his responce, or atleast he doesnt deserve criticism...

Though often he is to wit what plastic bags are to breathing, he was saying "Live and let be" essentially. He was saying that he doesn't care about the issue because to him gays are not anything different for better or worse. Look at his last sentance, he says they should have the right to do as they please (in so many words). Sure he might not think well of gays but at least he respects everyones right to be who they are.

14. wiseguy

wiseguy 12oz Elite Member

wiseguy - Replied Feb 11, 2004

http://www.proceso.com.mx/imgs/2292003-george-bush.jpg'>
    "im a homophobe!"

wiseguy - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Feb 12, 2004

i owe you a beer for that.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: