BUSH TO ENDORSE ANTI-MARRIAGE AMENDMENT

DITDxCULT

BUSH TO ENDORSE ANTI-MARRIAGE AMENDMENT

According to The Washington Post, the President, as a way to "jumpstart his campaign," is about to endorse a Constitutional amendment, sponsored by Representative Marylin Musgrave (R-CO) that would ban marriage rights for same-sex couples and could forever invalidate civil unions or other legal protections for same-sex couples and their children. He is bending to pressure from anti-gay extremists who oppose every effort to secure equality for GLBT Americans.

The Constitution typically is amended to ensure that people are treated equally and given the same rights. This amendment would prohibit certain Americans from following their own beliefs and living the way they choose. One group's set of beliefs prohibiting others from pursuing happiness is the opposite of basic American ideals.

He - and all of our leaders - need to hear from all of us who support GLBT civil rights and marriage equality, and who oppose amending our nation's most sacred document - the U.S. Constitution. We must be as relentless as the anti-gay forces.

So, starting today, we need your help in deluging Congress and the White House with calls, faxes, and e-mails. Here's how:

1. Fax your members of Congress. Tell them to oppose the Musgrave anti-marriage amendment and any attempt to amend the Constitution to discriminate against GLBT Americans. click here

2. Call the White House at 202-456-1111. Tell the President that using GLBT Americans and the U.S. Constitution for political gain is shameful. Visit this URL to let us know you called: click here

3. Please pass this on to everyone you know -- friends, family, colleagues. We trying to get 50,000 calls to the President during the next 48 hours. Visit this URL: click here

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

he must have gotten the same soap

treatment Pvt. Pyle did in Full Metal Jacket.

If he didnt, he should...by a bunch of gay men...Fuckin homophobe.

Originally posted by E MARTYR

fucking gays.

who gives a fuck about them or anyone else. let them do their fucking thing for christ fucking sakes.

thats the reason this sucks ... if it passes they cant "do their thing"

help a bit so they can. then you wont have to worry, when a guy hits on you, you can say i helped you get your right to marrige but i aint with it man, thanks for the pat on the butt.

edited: cuz i cant spell ...

tease,

you are about this >---< close from being banned just for being fucking ignorant.

say one more thing tonight that annoys me, and 'please believe' you're condemned again.

the world is dumb enough wthout your stupid ass adding to it.

infact, blatently ignorant homophobic remarks are about to join jay-z vs nas beef, and...ummm, i forgot the other thing, in the column of 'instant banning' issues.

i might not be able to stop the president, but i can sure as shit stop retards on the board.

Guest KING BLING

Actually Tease deserves respect for his responce, or atleast he doesnt deserve criticism...

Though often he is to wit what plastic bags are to breathing, he was saying "Live and let be" essentially. He was saying that he doesn't care about the issue because to him gays are not anything different for better or worse. Look at his last sentance, he says they should have the right to do as they please (in so many words). Sure he might not think well of gays but at least he respects everyones right to be who they are.

Originally posted by seeking

tease,

you are about this >---< close from being banned just for being fucking ignorant.

say one more thing tonight that annoys me, and 'please believe' you're condemned again.

the world is dumb enough wthout your stupid ass adding to it.

infact, blatently ignorant homophobic remarks are about to join jay-z vs nas beef, and...ummm, i forgot the other thing, in the column of 'instant banning' issues.

i might not be able to stop the president, but i can sure as shit stop retards on the board.

i owe you a beer for that.

you know, even I think of this as a kind of abstract concept. gay marriage. even though its a reality up here. I think it hit me today at work when this lesbian couple came in, cause one of them was renewing their home insurance, and wanted her wife added. had the paperwork and everything.

Originally posted by KING BLING

He was saying that he doesn't care about the issue because to him gays are not anything different for better or worse.

right, which is ignorance in and of itself. i too think that excessive 'pride' or boasting of anything, be it sexual orientation (straight just as much as gay), religion, or what have you, is self defeating and ignorant. i think white people should be able to say 'white and proud' without it making them racist, just like blacks.

the problem, is that bush wants to CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION to say that they ARE different. that they are somehow LESS human than the rest of us, and LESS deserving of the right to their lifestyle. if tease really felt they were just like everyone else, he would be sticking up for them. if bush was trying to repeal blacks right to vote, 'please believe' he would be freaking out about it.

i'm not saying tease is homophobic, i actually dont think that at all. but every time theres a political discussion, he has to stick his head in and remind everyone that he doesnt give a shit about it, doesnt know shit about it, yet passes along his beliefs anyway. as if we were all waiting for his tupac inspired input.

the magnitude of what bush is trying to do is the biggest constitutional challenge we will ever see in our lifetime. gays are the new blacks, and this is their right to vote. actually, its so much larger than that. it's our right as american citizens, to live the life we chose. this law effects straight people as much as gays. assaults on freedom are assaults on freedom, 'whos' freedom is irrelivent.

if me having no patience those who dont care makes me a 'nazi', then so be it. people like tease are part of the problem, not the solution, so it's really no loss for humanity if they dissapear.

Guest KING BLING

sorry to over extend myself

if tease really felt they were just like everyone else, he would be sticking up for them.

I don't want to instigate here but tease he makes a good point BUT here I think your recent change to your posts shows you have a solid idea. No hitting below the belt... but TEASE, is yours a 'sin of ommision' of sorts? Are you guilty subject to the perhaps valid 'if you're not with us you're against us'?

Tease - I don't hate anyone but believe that if equality is be acceived it must be by removing a "handle with care" label to any and all peoples marginalized.

Seeking - Despite the ideal...to deny the struggle and actual injustice of segments of society which warrant special review and action, makes you an accomplice to the status quo. In this acceptance you are part of the problem.

Originally posted by Nekro

You're going to want to change that link, it's got all your personal information plugged in there.

It's not my personal info....I was forwarded the message from someone else.

Did anyone read the article where it mentions how even Bill O'Reiley was having doubts about Bush? read here

right, which is ignorance in and of itself. i too think that excessive 'pride' or boasting of anything, be it sexual orientation (straight just as much as gay), religion, or what have you, is self defeating and ignorant. i think white people should be able to say 'white and proud' without it making them racist, just like blacks.

the problem, is that bush wants to CHANGE THE CONSTITUTION to say that they ARE different. that they are somehow LESS human than the rest of us, and LESS deserving of the right to their lifestyle. if tease really felt they were just like everyone else, he would be sticking up for them. if bush was trying to repeal blacks right to vote, 'please believe' he would be freaking out about it.

i'm not saying tease is homophobic, i actually dont think that at all. but every time theres a political discussion, he has to stick his head in and remind everyone that he doesnt give a shit about it, doesnt know shit about it, yet passes along his beliefs anyway. as if we were all waiting for his tupac inspired input.

the magnitude of what bush is trying to do is the biggest constitutional challenge we will ever see in our lifetime. gays are the new blacks, and this is their right to vote. actually, its so much larger than that. it's our right as american citizens, to live the life we chose. this law effects straight people as much as gays. assaults on freedom are assaults on freedom, 'whos' freedom is irrelivent.

if me having no patience those who dont care makes me a 'nazi', then so be it. people like tease are part of the problem, not the solution, so it's really no loss for humanity if they dissapear.

seeking- this is so fucking on point man...

I think Tease is just showing the truth in how apathetic most of our nation is. I am not gay, but this makes me cringe .... as holy as these guys think they are, these far right wingers are playing god. in the book they hold so dear, it tells them only God can judge. The conflict there is astounding I do not understand how they think it could be right to judge on that level.

so the rest of us who see the reality on this from several view points are livid.

I am embarrassed to be American under the current leadership.

Originally posted by ERIZENO

I am embarrassed to be American under the current leadership.

seriously. i was going to start a thread about this, but got side tracked by looking at engine parts.

when i think about the rest of the civilized world, sitting there reading their morning papers, laughing at how fucking pathetic we are, it makes me disgusted. its 2004, we can fly to the moon, we can build a fake heart, we can build a 4cylinder engine that puts down over 200hp at the wheel, yet we're still trying to fucking tell people who they can MARRY?! marraige is nothing but desire and a piece of fucking paper. it is purely for show. yet there are still people that want to rewrite our constitution to dictate, by law, who someone can chose to love?

didn't we put all this shit to rest back when we stopped burning wiches and lynching blacks for looking at white women?

fucking disgusting.

Guest WebsterUno

seek-I was going to say...its just a piece of paper anyway.

But I didnt want to offend anyone. But mostly, it is.

I think it should be about 2 people that love each other

so much, they decided to make it a full on commiment.

To love and honor each other, till death do you part.

With so much divorce nowadays, marriage doesnt interest me.

Unless its true love.

D'Lush...thats a dope pic! made me laugh.

fucking disgusting.

word up seeks, agreed 100%

i lived in london for a breif period last year. it was around the time we went to war with IRAQ. I got soooo fucking sick of hearing about it that i was forced to tell people that i was from canada. partly because of embarrasment and partly because of harrasment. i dont know, its just fucking sad that i(and most people i know) have so little faith and pirde in our counrty because of our current leader/s.

Archived