Bush + Speech = War?

Guest spec

Still needs a congress vote, but did all you guys see Bush's speech? He made it quite clear military force would be a last resort but I dunno... it is Bush. What are all your thoughts on the current situation?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

politics is like chess...even though you think the king is exposed you never know what the strategy really is...apathy is the only true death.

Guest BROWNer

i haven't heard the speech yet..

but.....there is no way in hell he

can back himself out of the corner

he's put himself in politically.

Originally posted by Glik0

Us in the US should just leave everyone the fuck alone.

Back to isolationist!

Agreed, We get ourselves into too many foreign conflicts that don't concern us and it only makes the rest of the world hate us more.

the conflicts we do get involved in DO concern us....or rather, concern our "national interests"...anytime a president needs an excuse, "national interests" is the perfect cop out. this war is the perfect cop out for our economy now, so getting saddam 10 years later is "national interest" not to mention all the oil there we have ALREADY started to claim...not only did we start to claim it, we told other countries to hurry up and hop on the US bandwagon so they can be a part of this great oil claiming game we are going to play after we "command and conquer" Saddam..but in reality..we wont get saddam like we wont ever get bin Laden..and to make reality even sadder....9 11 will be such a minor event concerning american deaths if we even DARE to try to enter bahgdad...and i say this because, in the late 80s, early 90's saddam proved he wouldnt mind using chemical/biological weapons on his own people- which is what he did to the Kurds in N.Iraq....he will MOST DEFINITELY use them against us..and with pride... anyway...we dont learn from our past so we choose to repeat it... and i just hope this time if we tell the Kurds or the Siahs that we have their back if they revolt, we actually come through... if the US's word is a bond...we should never be trusted... fuck our shitty foreign policy in the past, present and future.

The more I hear George W. Shrub speak, the more I don't like the guy. His speech was completely based on "Saddam terrorizing his own people". Please! He wants to cover the problems we have at home by trying to resolve the problems in Iraq.... what a bag of shit.

Originally posted by SenorSeven

the conflicts we do get involved in DO concern us....or rather, concern our "national interests"...anytime a president needs an excuse, "national interests" is the perfect cop out. this war is the perfect cop out for our economy now, so getting saddam 10 years later is "national interest" not to mention all the oil there we have ALREADY started to claim...not only did we start to claim it, we told other countries to hurry up and hop on the US bandwagon so they can be a part of this great oil claiming game we are going to play after we "command and conquer" Saddam..but in reality..we wont get saddam like we wont ever get bin Laden..and to make reality even sadder....9 11 will be such a minor event concerning american deaths if we even DARE to try to enter bahgdad...and i say this because, in the late 80s, early 90's saddam proved he wouldnt mind using chemical/biological weapons on his own people- which is what he did to the Kurds in N.Iraq....he will MOST DEFINITELY use them against us..and with pride... anyway...we dont learn from our past so we choose to repeat it... and i just hope this time if we tell the Kurds or the Siahs that we have their back if they revolt, we actually come through... if the US's word is a bond...we should never be trusted... fuck our shitty foreign policy in the past, present and future.

So if it's about helping the Kurds, why aren't we going after Turkey? After all, Turkey is, and has been in the process of genocide against the Kurds in their country. The Kurds in Turkey made a plight and the US gov. did nothing. Just as they did nothing for the Kurds in Iraq after the Gulf war was "over". And I believe that the Siahs (it may be another group who is against Saddam), has already vowed to not assist our government or military in overthrowing him.

Dude, NPR can be boring and repetitive at times, but you do get a few more ounces of unbiased information about all this shit.

(oh, I'm not really asking you, it's just a hypothetical questions for the sake of discussion)

i was glad to be here when he made the speech.this is the heartland of the u.s. and deppending on his results from this speech,he will see the reaction to this.and determine off of that if when and how to push forward.we need to go get him before he becomes hitler the second coming.things are different now.ya know.they can really affect us alot more.more attacks.you name it

let go blow them smelly dune coons away for good

Guest willy.wonka

i liked how he tried to connect bin laden and his crew with saddam and his mafia...from my understanding bin laden hates saddam.and if we go to war with iraq just because they "might" have nukeular capability, we might as well go to war with north korea and the many other "acceses of evil."

GW PUBES seemed to be makin stuff up as he went along.his speech should have been, "we're going to war with whether you like it or not."

AMERICA is supposed to be the worlds rollmodel, well heres a tip to the other countries..go invade any country you want at any time..take what you want and kill anybody who gets in your way.

Originally posted by spec

Agreed, We get ourselves into too many foreign conflicts that don't concern us and it only makes the rest of the world hate us more.

it's not that we get into foreign conflicts, its that we ONLY get into the freign conflicts that benefit us in some way. everyone knows this. our enemies know this. they count on it... they factor it in when developing their strategies. we're so predictable its retarded.

we have 9 billion a month for a war, but we cant afford new textbooks for an inner city school?

fuck america.

if anyone needs me, call my cell. i'll be wandering around the city writing my name on shit in a vague attempt to make sense of the overwhelming misanthropy and frustration i gothically refer to as existence.

wow the discussion of kurds and turkey, most people dont know about that situation.

im not worried about war. i doubt sadamm will attack canada or italy. well if he did attack italy he should do it between 1 and 3 in the afternoon, thats when most people are sleeping. siesta time.

Originally posted by Secret

The more I hear George W. Shrub speak, the more I don't like the guy. His speech was completely based on "Saddam terrorizing his own people". Please! He wants to cover the problems we have at home by trying to resolve the problems in Iraq.... what a bag of shit.

jesus fucking christ..

one year you all are crying about the people in third world countries and the next you are saying we shouldnt involve ourselves in anything...

MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS!!!

cause youre giving me a headache.

:rolleyes:

Guest --zeSto--

anyone else notice an orwellian twist with the current situation?

Defence Department is all about going to war.

Homeland Security is all about removing weapons from foreigners.

Here's something to ponder...

If Iraq has the nuclear stockpile of China,

Dont you think that Bush would give them the cautious indifference that he gives China?

Archived