Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bush Says Public Ratified Iraq Approach.

Discussion in 'News' started by Jimmy Jump, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Jimmy Jump

Jimmy Jump Member

Bush Says Public Ratified Iraq Approach
    Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:37 PM ET
    www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush said the public's decision to re-elect him ratified his approach toward Iraq, The Washington Post reported.

There was no reason to hold any administration officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the aftermath, Bush said. :burn:

"We had an accountability moment, and that's called the 2004 elections," Bush said in an interview published in the newspaper's Sunday edition.

"The American people listened to different assessments made about what was taking place in Iraq, and they looked at the two candidates, and chose me," Bush said.

With Iraqi elections two weeks away and no signs of the violent insurgency there abating, Bush set no timetable for withdrawing U.S. troops, the Post said.

He twice declined to endorse outgoing Secretary of State Colin Powell's recent statement that the number of Americans serving in Iraq could be reduced by year's end.

He said he will not ask Congress to expand the size of the National Guard or regular Army, as some lawmakers and military experts have proposed.

In the wide-ranging, 35-minute interview aboard Air Force One, Bush laid out new details of his second-term plans.

He said he will not press senators to pass a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, the top priority for many social conservative groups.

He said he has no plans to cut benefits for the approximately 40 percent of Social Security recipients who collect monthly disability and survivor payments as he prepares his plan for partial privatization of the system.

The president urged Americans to show patience as Iraq moves slowly toward creating a democratic nation where a dictatorship once stood.

But the relentless optimism that dominated Bush's speeches before the U.S. election was sometimes replaced by pragmatism and caution, the Post said.

"On a complicated matter such as removing a dictator from power and trying to help achieve democracy, sometimes the unexpected will happen, both good and bad," he said. "I am realistic about how quickly a society that has been dominated by a tyrant can become a democracy ... I am more patient than some."
    Last week, Powell said U.S. troop levels could be reduced this year, but Bush said it is premature to judge how many U.S. men and women will be needed to defeat the insurgency and plant a new and sustainable government. He declined to pledge to significantly reduce U.S. troop levels before the end of his second term in January 2009.

"The sooner the Iraqis are ... better prepared, better equipped to fight, the sooner our troops can start coming home," he said.

A report released last week by U.S. intelligence agencies warned the war in Iraq has created a training ground for terrorists. Bush called the report "somewhat speculative" but acknowledged "this could happen. And I agree. If we are not diligent and firm, there will be parts of the world that become pockets for terrorists to find safe haven and to train. And we have a duty to disrupt that."

Asked why the administration has so far failed to locate Osama bin Laden, the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, Bush said, "Because he's hiding."

© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

2. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

So this is something that someone from The Onion wrote that Reuters accidently thought was real, right?

3. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

how twisted is that?

what % of the american population if polled would say Iraq is going well?
    What % think Iraq is a freakin' disaster that should never have happened?

and what % of the total population actually vote for Bush?

4. R3GR3T

R3GR3T New Jack

its regrettable, but i have family and friends who have family that voted for bush.

reason? they live in the predominatley white, and very segregated midwest. no large international cultural communitys, lots of all american war vets, tax breaks, fear, the media is pretty much run by the white house and tax breaks.

i mean you cant front... this admin. lies really fucking good. its really much easier to believe them then deal with the mental torment of knowing our country has been taken over by criminals, destabalized the world, started world war 3...you hear hersh or whatever his name is pretty much predicting the war spreading to iran, syria..etc...i mean...our treasury is bankrupted, education and social infrastructure are going down the tubes, our military has been hijacked and thrown into a over budget under equipped war while haliburton makes billions on top of the fact that most evidence points to 9/11 being an inside job.

if people in the midwest that voted for bush, and there is no way that fool really won, he didnt win the first time...you think hes just gonna be like...ok lets have a fair election...naww...if those people that support bush could grasp what is really going on it would probably drive them crazy.

anyway.

did i mention im going to a rally to yell shit at people today?

5. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i don't think they lie very well at all, but it's true people would
    rather appropriate the state syntax than deal with the brutal reality
    of their own countries external behaviour and the people who
    engineer and manage it.

6. R3GR3T

R3GR3T New Jack

your right...they lie horribly to our faces.
    thats why they are good at it. they got everbody all scared and its less scary to believe their lies than it is to know their lying and have your entire safe secure american, we kick ass and kill people while eating apple pie driving our cars god bless the usa we are the best lifestyle mental mindset compromised.

ok, im out to go yell shit.

peace.

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

Somewhat speculative?
    what a douche bag. at least it acknowledged it could happen.

Because he's hiding.
    damn, I really hate to give that to him...but thats fucking funny.

8. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I chilled with this Brit wacko this weekend.
    His whole family are military and some are way up
    in the SAS. According to him, whenever there's UK
    involvement in a 'situation' like Iraq, the SAS guys
    will be there weeks in advance scoping the place out.

according to him, and this could just be his own UK pride talking,
    the US made it clear that they wanted to find Bin Ladden and
    capture him themselves. He says that the SAS hasn't been put
    on the tack of finding him, but if they had, it would have been done years ago.

I cant say he's correct in his statement,
    but it's interesting to think that the US
    might not be accepting obvious help just
    so they can claim responsibility for finding him.

9. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

interesting but not all that surprising...especially when you consider Bush and the Texas mentality.

10. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

if you were to ask faux news, they'd say it's going damn well...in fact, they'd say president bush was very popular...they'd say he was just as popular now as he was when he first got elected...before september 11, before iraq war,......fuck i hate faux.

11. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

According to another reporter Bush and the cronies are also using the election as a sign that they must continue the war on terror elsewhere.

quote form article: (speaking on invading Iran)

"Hersh said Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld view Bush's re-election as "a mandate to continue the war on terrorism," despite problems with the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

Complete article here:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/16/...iran/index.html

one mess is not enough.

12. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

hahaha... 'faux' news.

I just followed a google news link to 'the political highs and lows of 2004'
    without checking to see the source. So If I told you that the high of the
    year was the hugely successful RNC in NewYork and the big loser:
    • Pinkerton said the clear loser in 2004 was “unreconstructed blue-state liberalism.” He said the left-leaning intellectual elite and Hollywood culturalists missed their chance to reshape the party before it was too late. In the end, they lost seats in Congress and they lost the White House.

Hall said inarticulate Democrats will continue to lose big, until “it figures out how to speak more clearly on what it stands for and what it will do in 2008.”
    which 'news' network would you guess deserves credit?

13. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

14. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

15. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

let me first say i move more libertarian/constitutional party everday, but lets get a clue here guys. everyone on here bashing bush, talk about how bad iraq is, why we shouldnt be there, blah blah blah, and yet you all voted for KERRY! he voted to GO TO WAR. So did his lib buddies, clinton preached about saddam being a threat and harbored ideas of war. i dont see a difference. while your right, alot of people hate bush, you cant deny the fucking numbers. he won both popular and electoral votes. by a good amount, the most majority in a damn long time some say ever. then you have some saying, we should can the electoral college. I have to side with Ron Paul on the issue.
    The DNC is in bad shape. if they want to win, they must either come up with a gimmick or move to the center. liberal candidates dont swing in most of america. face it guys, there is a world outside the liberal bastions of your cities you all live in. look even at clinton atleast he ran as a more conservative democrat, (though he didnt govern the way he ran)and not john kerry, so limp wristed till about 4 months before the election, he tried to be pro gun, neutral on gay marriage, changed his mind like 10 times on iraq, etc etc etc. I see american politics as this:
    to get elected you cant be extreme or either side. look at how popular moderate republicans are. look at the small popularity with the public of pro life, and/or pro gun democrats. (the few they are) yet the bulk of democrats are liberals through and through, and only use the more conservative dems when they need too, to prove something, and then toss them to the side.
    One funny thing about all this is, when it comes to ideology. ever notice how when someone calls a liberal a liberal, they take great offense and deny it, and point out how they are central or more conservative? never fails every time. when someone calls them a conservative they take pride.
    someone once said, the easiest way to convert a liberal was to have them move out of there parents house and get a job and if that doesnt work you might have to talk to them...