Burton Snowboards.... (new 'graf' designs)

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by rubbish heap

Last season they made a late release, the Burton Stash. I thought the Krylon can was pretty ill...

that krylon or rusto board looks nice, but too big for me :o. when did they come out? what about the joker ones, i never seen em, post those if u have flicks. currently i have an 04 custom 154.

Originally posted by cloner

graff sells..

exactly cause it is "trendy"

oddly enough, today tyler durden and i were painting this local spot at a skate and surf shop. the skate shop is located in one building and the surf shop is in another but they are owned by the same people. so anyway, one of the owners is a fan of graff and he always lets people paint the walls in the back.

so, when i finished the piece i did, i went and started painting a quick little fill on one of the small dumpster that are already ALL painted and tagged. so, as i am painting, one of the trendy hipster employees or assistant managers comes out to thow out garbage or whatever and is like "that's just gonna get painted over tomorrow" so i look up at him and i am just like "that's cool" and i keep painting. so then the hipster goes, "i dont how many times i told you kids to not paint the dumpsters!?!?" so, i look at him and i am like "you never told me anytnhing" so i stopped painting and got up and just stared at him. then i walked back and wrote over what i was doing "EAT ME!"

but my point is this: hipsters like the "look" and "energy" of graffiti, not everything else that comes with it. not the tags, not the fills, not the VANDALISM. so i shit on people who are just "dick riding" graffiti and doing what hot topic did to punk.

i own a small clothing company that has some graff elements to it, but i am a writer and have been for like 11 yrs, i'm not some fan-boy or corporation hiring some artist trying to make a living.

sorry for the rant.

water might be a cool dude, but that style is tired as hell. how can someone continue doing the same style for so many years and not get bored of it?

jokers boards were some of the dopest board graphics ive ever seen. not just cause he did them, but his style lends itself well to the dimmensions of a deck.

those stash boards are cool just because he used a red devil can. otherwise its played out.

Originally posted by johndoe

by the way, whats with stash getting all his designs for companies. so far ive seen stash skateboards, a few nike shoes, and now these snowboards. weird.

thot id post the stash shoes....

http://www.onesweetpair.com/nikemenpics/109-0976_IMG.JPG'>

air max

http://www.instyleshoes.com/images/kicks/307371001r.jpg'>

dunk

First off... Burton Snowboards in general :nope: :nope:

i've heard some bad stuff about this company's quality of boards, they tend to die alot faster than other brands, but then again... Forum Boards are really bad too

but its totally true that "graff" sells, every store here has their own shop shirts written in "graff" letters. weak sauce

Originally posted by the_gooch

but my point is this: hipsters like the "look" and "energy" of graffiti, not everything else that comes with it. not the tags, not the fills, not the VANDALISM. so i shit on people who are just "dick riding" graffiti and doing what hot topic did to punk.

very well put.