Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Burton Snowboards.... (new 'graf' designs)

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by <KEY3>, Aug 26, 2004.

1. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

Remember last year Joker had a series of boards with burton....
    well this year it's WATER!

Not as well known as joker.... but very slick designs none the less.

(and he's a stand up guy... unless he's sitting down)

http://mirror05.burton.com/images/burton/gear/pp/B5016301.jpg'>
    [img]http://mirror05.burton.com/images/burton/gear/pp/B5016303.jpg'>
    [img]http://mirror05.burton.com/images/burton/gear/pp/B5016305.jpg'>
    [img]http://mirror05.burton.com/images/burton/gear/pp/B5016307.jpg'>
    [img]http://mirror05.burton.com/images/burton/gear/pp/B5016309.jpg'>

[img]http://mirror05.burton.com/photos/static/BoardGraphicStoryAir/air_1.jpg'>

2. Gunm

Gunm Banned

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'eh

3. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

the black board is alright....

4. rubbish heap

rubbish heap Senior Member

Last season they made a late release, the Burton Stash. I thought the Krylon can was pretty ill...
    [​IMG]

5. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Im into sonowboarding a wee bit but alot of the boards out nowadays would look cooler hanging on someones wall than fuckin it all up... hahah... drunk...

6. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

it looks like a tribal tattoo, but in graffiti form

7. Jake Stevens

Jake Stevens Senior Member

gonna go get me one of them now so i am..

8. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

that krylon or rusto board looks nice, but too big for me :eek:. when did they come out? what about the joker ones, i never seen em, post those if u have flicks. currently i have an 04 custom 154.

9. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

by the way, whats with stash getting all his designs for companies. so far ive seen stash skateboards, a few nike shoes, and now these snowboards. weird.

10. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

No Thanks, altho im feeling the stash boards.. im not big on riding decks of any sort that have graphics on them.

11. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

a friend of mine just designed a tshirt for burton. the design is called protest. his site is www.rikcat.com

12. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

burton has nothing to do with graffiti and it should stay that way!!!

WEAK!

13. fuckyou

fuckyou Member

shitty spaghetti.

14. cloner

cloner Senior Member

15. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

exactly cause it is "trendy"

oddly enough, today tyler durden and i were painting this local spot at a skate and surf shop. the skate shop is located in one building and the surf shop is in another but they are owned by the same people. so anyway, one of the owners is a fan of graff and he always lets people paint the walls in the back.

so, when i finished the piece i did, i went and started painting a quick little fill on one of the small dumpster that are already ALL painted and tagged. so, as i am painting, one of the trendy hipster employees or assistant managers comes out to thow out garbage or whatever and is like "that's just gonna get painted over tomorrow" so i look up at him and i am just like "that's cool" and i keep painting. so then the hipster goes, "i dont how many times i told you kids to not paint the dumpsters!?!?" so, i look at him and i am like "you never told me anytnhing" so i stopped painting and got up and just stared at him. then i walked back and wrote over what i was doing "EAT ME!"

but my point is this: hipsters like the "look" and "energy" of graffiti, not everything else that comes with it. not the tags, not the fills, not the VANDALISM. so i shit on people who are just "dick riding" graffiti and doing what hot topic did to punk.

i own a small clothing company that has some graff elements to it, but i am a writer and have been for like 11 yrs, i'm not some fan-boy or corporation hiring some artist trying to make a living.

sorry for the rant.