Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Burning out a layup

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by •nakone•, Jul 30, 2002.

1. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

i know i should of put "How to keep spots chill" thread.. but i think if i make a thread ill get a better response..

anyway i had this one lay up for awhile now, but nothing has been rolling in for awhile, i rember when i was less experienced about trains i would hit up these trains when i couldnt think of no other walls or nothing to paint.. yeah i was DUMB

i was never stupid enough to go over the numbers.. or any rail worker stuff, or paint a wall next to it.. but im not sure if this spot is burnt or not...

it has been dry for like 3months.. but maybe they just dont need the extra room to lay stuff up..

how can you tell if its burnt or not?

2. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

a business is not gonna stop getting its products just because some kids are painting the trains. if its burnt, its got security.

3. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

dont know what to tell ya...that sucks for you but that means more trains for someone else haha...

4. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

5. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

"Burnt" means it's difficult or impossible to paint there anymore because fools gave it away and now there's security.
    They won't stop putting trains there because they're worried they'll get painted.
    The customer is no longer getting rail shipments. This could be temporary, or permanent.

6. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

7. barfbag

barfbag New Jack

your dumb? mabey mabey not

so your Dumb for painting trains when you couldnt hit a wall? i dont get how that makes you dumb, but yeah mabey you are dumb for making this post, im just kidding though im tired, please dont

8. Southern kid

Southern kid Elite Member

it's a common thing right now. lots of business have started shipping by truck instead of freight. look out for this happening a lot. plus..right now everything is pretty slow.

9. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

i had this one layup, maybe it was like yours the trains weren't getting layed up because of the buisness, they just got placed there to wait for traffic to pass. in one night out the next. that spots been dry for about 4 to 5 months. they either caught on to the graff or just didnt need to use that layup anymore. anyways just go look for another one.

10. honkyartist

honkyartist Banned

you toys are so dumb go play golf and stop painting and benching.
    Just for the record so you gays dont say all i do is talk shit on this board.
    The rail industry is seasonal depending on the product that is being transported.
    keep in mind that the economy is not doing so well....................
    Trust me you toys dont know what burning a layup is cause yall couldnt
    burn a match.

11. WITS

WITS Member

At "my" main spot there would always be something to paint on. Like 10 cras just sitting there and they would get taken out and the next day or two there would be all new shit..anyway. One day in 99 the lay up was empty. the next day it was empty the next week..month..6 months..I think it was empty for about a year (not 100% on that since I moved away for awhile) but now it's almost back to how it was some years back. I have noticed the businesses around the area don't get boxcars anymore which sucks. Blah blah blah... Just be patient and/or go find somewhere else to paint if your shit dries up.

12. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

you're a big fat tomato head.... hahaha

13. •nakone•

•nakone• Member

the thing that makes my layup more emotional.. is it was 2 blocks from my house (walking distance).. (i am not old enough to drive).. and now its gone *sniff sniff* and.. there are like 2 other layups that i know of in my area, and they are like 45min walks :eek:

oh well.. more walls less freights :)

14. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

^^^^^^^
    Get a bike fool!

15. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks Veteran Member

a layup 2 blocks away? even a 45 minute walk is great. i need to drive like an hour to get to a DECENT layup. plus i never go, to far and barley noone that writes or at least that i know. i am the antisocial. i remember the last time i went to my uncles/cousins house in jersey there were tracks basically in their backyard. they had a huge fence with trees and bushes put up but right over the tips of the bushes i saw a freight rolling by. yikes. went back a few weeks later and the trains just sit there. its fucking great, a layup (thats incredibly safe) in your backyard.