burning/copying DVDs

DOOD

anyone have any knowledge on this topic...i have been trying to figure out how to do it for the past 2 weeks....i cant figure it out....i hae an imac w/ DVDwriter...if anyone can help me please post...im running OSX 10.2.2...please help...musch appriciated

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yea, I dunno. But I keep trying to download movies off KAZAA and they're either misslabeled or they just play a blank screen with no audio. I've been trying to get Harry Potter 2 for the girl, and everytime it's done downloading, I play it but it's just blank. Anyone know about that?

Originally posted by fr8otech

yea, I dunno. But I keep trying to download movies off KAZAA and they're either misslabeled or they just play a blank screen with no audio. I've been trying to get Harry Potter 2 for the girl, and everytime it's done downloading, I play it but it's just blank. Anyone know about that?

the only thing I would know to do is send a message to the person before you start downloading and ask if it is real....most people wouldnt lie about stupid shit like that...

Fuck Kazaa though I miss Napster :(

go to afterdawn.com and vcdhelper.com they have pretty good tutorials. I use spruce-up which should be on your mac for the menus an shit, but for the ripping process i use smartripper and dvd decrypter I have a PC so I dont know what you would need but check those sites out and you'll find everything you need. and use kazaa to download the programs for free if you need any--

the pioneer dvd burner inside of macs is pretty much as shitty as you can get, it's got very compliancey with dvd players. So chances are even if you do burn a dvd it still won't play on your settop dvd player. but use iDVD, i think it's pretty cut and drive.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by socrates

Find Dirty_Habit....i think he'd be the one to ask

hahaha...yeah ask derrty

and whats with seeking calling firsties???

ok...to make copies of DVD movies and shit, what you need is a RECENT DVD writer drive, preferably one that supports DVD+R/+RW....the "+" format has the ability to be played on late model DVD players and such. Drives that support +R/+RW are the Memorex and the new Sony, which supports all four DVD media formats (DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW). As far as I know, the SuperDrive (equipped with the G4's and new PowerBooks) only do -R/-RW and they gotta be Mac certified or some shit. Many movies might have copyright protection on them, but there are ways around that and it's through software. One that I know of, can't remember the name, actually extracts all the data from a DVD into parts and you can burn it to another DVD using the same program. When it's burning, it reassembles the parts of the DVD on to the one you are burning....kind of like an ISO image. Chances are you are going to be making a lot of DVD coasters, so....yea.

Archived