BUDISM *SPELL*

DOLR....LED

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It really depends on what you want to do, my mom brought me up this way because she found at a young age that this was the best choice for her, So I kinda grew up around it, went to temples, sat around during the practices and such. I do consider myself buddhist although I do not practice on the regular, I do keep in mind the values and beliefs...The buddhism that I learned about was from Tibet/Nepal. When I lived in Korea I also learned about how they practice it...whcih is all basically the same with certain small differences. Such as Korea being one of the only place where a female can attain full preisthood (or what ever the technical term for it is). But anyways it is really a life choice I cant really help you with too much, I would say read into it and maybe check around your area for a temple to go to and talk about it with someone there.

im kinda a buddhist. i guess if i had to claim a religion it would be buddhism. i dont know enough about it to really call myself a buddhist though. just the basics. ill get at you with some info some other time....

Guest Stapler

I am not religous at all but I stayed in Buddist temple in Japan for 2 weeks about a month ago. And my friend who lived in Thailand was a monk for a month, it is customery for all boys at 11 I think to practice being one for a month............Honestly if I was going to choose a religion Budism would would be A ok..............

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

and I bet people buy it for the incense....most of those books are garbage written by people trying to make money...

wrong. a lot of books you find in book stores are the words of buddha or ones written by monks themselves. youre always gonna find bullshit no matter what subject but there are some books that are on point too. ive read one on buddhism written by a monk. its actually not specifically about buddhism but ways to make your life better based on buddhist methods. its called "meeting the monkey half way". my dads bringin me a book of the teachings of buddha. i have to go pick him up from the airpot now.

peace

see you guys are all wrong already. you don't claim to be Buddhist. it is less of a religion per say as it is a way of life. almost like daily rules that are meant to help to get by life and experience the most out of it. one of the reasons people study Zen so much is because people can still be Jew,Catholic, etc. but still utilize many of the ideals of Zen because there is no Godlike figure to worship in Zen.

Originally posted by Pistol

see you guys are all wrong already. you don't claim to be Buddhist. it is less of a religion per say as it is a way of life. almost like daily rules that are meant to help to get by life and experience the most out of it. one of the reasons people study Zen so much is because people can still be Jew,Catholic, etc. but still utilize many of the ideals of Zen because there is no Godlike figure to worship in Zen.

well, youre kinda right but not really. you cant argue that it isnt a religion. it is more of a way of life but as far as religion is used in the general sense, it is considered a religion. when people talk about buddhism as a religion its just in a generic way. i agree, it is a way of life because they dont deitize buddha. they just follow his teachings. but youre just arguing semantics....

Archived