Buck 65

teen_014.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Pinup's tried to get me to listen to this guy. I download it, listen for 5 minutes, feel real retarded because I don't understand poetic bluegrass hip-hop and then delete.

I'm sure there's something good about it that I'm missing... but I get the feeling this is how boogie feels while listening to Fugazi.

the thing with buck, is that if you just started listening to him now, you'd think he was some dumb ass beck wanna-be folk-rapper. dude has put in waaaaaaaaaaay more time than 90% of emcees ever will in their life. regardless of what he sounds like now, dude is as 'rap' as they come. there isn't anyone who's as equally talented at producing, djing and emceeing as he is, bar none. one year at scribble he was gonna enter all the battles, but since he didnt have a crew for the b-boy battle, they wouldn't let him. i can totally tell how folks could write him off, but i've met very few people ever who are as devoted to what they do as he is. i can't hate on that shit (even if i don't much care to listen to it anymore).

i didnt make the thread, i just posted in it.

im not at all claiming buck is for everyone. i havent even listened to his last couple records, i'm just saying dudes heart is in the right place, and he's not just some dumb white guy trying to be funny by rapping.

thankfully, your respect means very little to me, otherwise i dont know how i'd sleep at night.

the thing with buck' date=' is that if you just started listening to him now, you'd think he was some dumb ass beck wanna-be folk-rapper. dude has put in waaaaaaaaaaay more time than 90% of emcees ever will in their life. [/quote']

Very true. I hadn't heard him till probably way later than you did seeking, but I heard him like two years ago and thought that he was biting sage francis, then I found out he was rapping wayyyy before sage francis was. Long story short, I have a lot less respect for sage francis.

• 2 months later...

isaac,

he hasn't really been rapping for longer than sage, and sage didn't really bite him. infact, to hear sage tell it, bucks the total biter. really it's all just an attempt to be a showman and a story teller in the classic sort of image. sage is good at what he does, buck is good at what he does. it's all good.

as a side note, everyone that i've ever met from halifax was a pathological liar. no joke.