Buck 65, going MainStream????

defyoner

the latest ive heard, which is enjoyable... is that Buck 65 might start opening for RadioHead. it some ways this could be good for buck's career, but it might make him to "mainstream" for my liking. Any who.. i heard this from DJ PNS from Molemen out here in chicago. He said that as of now its just a rumor and that no one is sure whether its gonna happen or not. Also it turns out that Tom York (lead singer) of Radio Head is a big fan of Buck 65... its odd how this werld werks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're the worst type of backpacker "he may go to mainstream for my liking" in other words "to many people will have heard of him then and well...he wont be knew to everyone then" what the fuck...soundsl ike you're just a big backpacker and dont care for anything else outside of being "an underground fan" of ....a wack mc anyway...a lot of wack mcs go mainstream...so it shouldnt be surprising.

Guest aymet one

Personally, as long as Buck kept the quality up, I'd be happy to see him make some decent coin as a "too mainstream" artist. If he ends up able to become "mainstream" without changing his material any, more power to him.

------------------

"If I be myself, I'll be by myself/ but I don't want to be remembered, by the way I've been rendered."

yea im all for underground emcees and shit..but that was pretty wack of you to say too mainstreme for me...if buck 65 changes his style for the worse to open for radio head then that will suck...but buck65 is good and i cant see him doing that. he will be dopejust on a bigger level..but due to the sound buck65 has he will never be MTV top 10 big...most people cant handle that stuff...not like it way to much but most people only like shit if its like everything else out. i push indie hiphop on everyone i know and most people go...that sounds stupid. so yea

I think I saw something on much music about him being nominated for one of their indie video awards.... I thought it was odd seeing him on much music.

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

thats what im saying, i might have said it wrong.. if buck keeps up what hes doin as is.. yet becomes popular i will still listen to him just as much as i do now. its just that i would not listen to him if he were to change his music for the worse. sorry about stating that in a wrong way.

what are you talking about buck fits a category of music the industry is trying to be hip on for the past few years.

white ...hip hop who are trying to break the confines of hip hop acts have been what alot of talent scopers have been setting their eyes on..

..but who gives a flying fuck.. it really doesnt affect us unless the music changes dramatically.. which.. im guessing with someone like buck.. wouldnt.. unless he wanted to..

so... who the fuck.. cares...its his life.. lets be fucking greatful the fucker shared at all.

-bob.

why wouldnt thom yorke like buck65...hes good.

i think white rappers are gonna be trendy..within the next year you will see around 5 new rappers..all white that sound jiggy and shit...we already have one..that cain guy who raps in the dream song..hes not horrible, but nothing good either..that song is really good, i just kinda think about something else while he raps...but yea 4 more..will they be new fresh to game..or will they pull a kid rock and take someone who was big years ago and completely change them around....mmmmmm maybe milkbone resurgence? possible? i think so

Guest dead fetus

i wish buck65 all the luck and fame in the world.. i think he deserves it.

i wouldnt even get mad if he sold out anyway.... dude has paid enough dues to last a life time in my mind.

Guest rules for mules

anti-pop consortium is opening up for radiohead on five european dates.. i forget which, but their online somewhere.

there was some talk of us (anticon) opening some of the shows, but it got fucked up. blah. go buck. it'll give me an excuse to hang out drinking free beer with radiohead and more importantly the beautiful little girls that love them so...

bump for being famous by association.

[This message has been edited by seeking innocence (edited 08-30-2001).]

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

there was some talk of us (anticon) opening some of the shows, but it got fucked up. blah. go buck. it'll give me an excuse to hang out drinking free beer with radiohead and more importantly the beautiful little girls that love them so...

bump for being famous by association.

[This message has been edited by seeking innocence (edited 08-30-2001).]

HAHA werd Reverend

i am the reverend destructo. hey if anticon was real and not some fake bustaz they would come play eastern NC on the coast..preferably wilmington north carolina..yo seriously dun skillit that would make anticon true hommies to the game...

[This message has been edited by Chicken George (edited 08-30-2001).]

Originally posted by SenorSeven:

if your group sounds like anticon i pity both .... i wouldnt claim that nor even joke about....thats some seriously sad shit considering how horrible anticon is....

how many records you sold? how many fans you got? how many magazines you been in? how many shows you done? your worldwide right? mr. international traveler right?

im like juvenile but without the gold teeth.

haters come in dozens...

Archived